Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Lanesborough Drive, Finglas

Options
  • 03-04-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I am looking to buy a property in dublin and have come across one that I like in lanesborough road in finglas.
    I am not from dublin, so I am not sure what the area is like?
    I intend on staying in dublin for next 2-3 years and renting out the other rooms.
    Does anyone know whether if is difficult/ easy to rent rooms/houses in this area?
    Any advice would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Hi, I am looking to buy a property in dublin and have come across one that I like in lanesborough road in finglas.
    I am not from dublin, so I am not sure what the area is like?
    I intend on staying in dublin for next 2-3 years and renting out the other rooms.
    Does anyone know whether if is difficult/ easy to rent rooms/houses in this area?
    Any advice would be great! Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't go there!
    I have two friends that live there and they know we are looking to buy and told us not to bother with there. When I asked why.. The reply back was "it's a dive"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I've known a couple of friends who have rented duplexes in Lanesborough, and they complained that the properties seemed to eat heat but were always chilly inside. They'd second the 'it's a dive' comment too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

on_my_oe wrote: »
    I've known a couple of friends who have rented duplexes in Lanesborough, and they complained that the properties seemed to eat heat but were always chilly inside.

I live there, own an apt, and it's a lovely place to live. No major trouble, nothing I haven't seen in other parts of Dublin I have lived in.

There are multiple complexes within Lanesborough estate, and they had different builders. Some are much poorer quality than others. I think there were 4 different developers who were involved in building the different parts. A mix of houses, apartments, etc. Some parts have a management company, some don't. Some are well maintained, some aren't. But, I certainly wouldn't consider the place a dive, and I don't know anyone living in the estate who would.

Nice park, plenty of facilities locally, easy access to M50, airport, Swords, town, etc.

I had friends living there before I bought and they recommended the place. I have had no regrets in buying.

Of course it could be better, but name somewhere that couldn't improve?

It also depends on exactly where in Lanesborough you live and who your neighbours are. I've made an effort to know my neighbours. We all know each other, keep an eye out for each other, etc. We have a mix of rented units and also owner occupied units. By knowing your neighbours you can cut down on a lot of issues and misunderstandings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I was looking in the lanesborough area too. Which development are you in and would you know which ones have management fees and which don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

As far as I know, all the apartment units have management companies, and the houses don't.

So, Lanesborough Square, Castle, Court, Crescent, Mews, and Terrace have apartment units and have management companies (all different companies).

• Advertisement
Advertisement