Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BEERS thread :D

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

fergal.b wrote: »
    I think they spiked my drink with G&T and then tried to rope me over to the dark side luckily the chicken wings socked up most of the poison and with the faint smell of exhaust fumes still in my nostrils I was able to hold on to the petrol-head in me,it was a close call and not something I would like to go through on my own again so next time I'm brining some backup to help fight the brainwashing......You should have seen the cut of my jib this morning :D

Shoulda seen the cut of our jib this afternoon when we decided an emergency change down to the no. 2 was in order just before the start :eek:

Sensible decision though it was (and it was), it would have served us better to pay more attention to the line and ensure we weren't over it when the gun went :eek::eek::eek:

What a waste of nearly 3 hours good racing.

Still, better than a day at work by quite some distance!

Fergal, you definitely need to re-balance things for the next meet up, you were a bit outnumbered last night - sorry!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

neris wrote: »
    so there wasnt a violent bar thrashing then between hardened yachties and fairweather motor boaters, oh well :(

No my non sailing OH fell in love with Fergals boats, and is going to nag to get out in one in future :eek:
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Shoulda seen the cut of our jib this afternoon when we decided an emergency change down to the no. 2 was in order just before the start :eek:

Sensible decision though it was (and it was), it would have served us better to pay more attention to the line and ensure we weren't over it when the gun went :eek::eek::eek:

What a waste of nearly 3 hours good racing.

Still, better than a day at work by quite some distance!

Fergal, you definitely need to re-balance things for the next meet up, you were a bit outnumbered last night - sorry!!!

We had a right disaster today too :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Stheno wrote: »
    No my non sailing OH fell in love with Fergals boats, and is going to nag to get out in one in future :eek:

One of the photos from yesterday he might want to see this :D

10313142_10200895022176173_8666519393014067933_n.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's gorgeous, I'll definitely show it to him :)

He was entranced by your pictures :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

well, sincerest apologies about my lack of communication and presence!

I'd have loved to go, but for the past 10 days I've had no internet at home, or on my mobile, due to a spectacular screw up on vodafone's part. If they offer you fiber broadband, don't take it! I still don't have it, but have a temporary solution!

So due to me being off the air, and starting a new job last monday, I hadn't seen all the updates to the thread and therefore missed the night :( I'd have loved to been there but are that's life.
    Ended up in punchestown with the new job from lunchtime on friday until late that night, so it wasn't all bad!

Hope you all had fun

• Advertisement

alexlyons wrote: »
    well, sincerest apologies about my lack of communication and presence!

I'd have loved to go, but for the past 10 days I've had no internet at home, or on my mobile, due to a spectacular screw up on vodafone's part. If they offer you fiber broadband, don't take it! I still don't have it, but have a temporary solution!

So due to me being off the air, and starting a new job last monday, I hadn't seen all the updates to the thread and therefore missed the night :( I'd have loved to been there but are that's life.
    Ended up in punchestown with the new job from lunchtime on friday until late that night, so it wasn't all bad!

Hope you all had fun

Congrats on the new job!

Sure we'll see you at the next one :)

Advertisement