Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone still buy Gateaux Cakes?

Options
  • 03-04-2014 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wonering what peoples views on Gateaux cakes are?
    I always enjoyed them when I went to my grandparaents house but never really got the urge to buy them myself.They are an old classic but I dont see much of them anymore apart from the odd visit to an old relatives house etc
    Are they an Irish brand dying out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I don't buy any shop cakes, they're always such a disappointment!
    You get one that looks nice and fresh then it just tastes like powdery processed crap:(

It just makes me bake my own, tis a great diet!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Exactly what Mrs W said ,
    Why buy processed cakes full of god knows what and taste like a chemical factory,

When you can bake your own ,

I've only got back into baking in the last 5 years my 2 kids wouldn't touch a cake from a box they stick to daddies creations

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't rate them at all, I really only used to get chocolate swiss rolls which used to be OK, above say own brand ones. Now they are like a "value range" own brand, well last time I had one.

The staffords swiss rolls & general range seem to have taken their place, in my mind any way.

Advertisement