Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken screen- any decent walk-in repair shops?

Options
  • 04-04-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Hi
    The touchscreen cracked on my smart phone. It is still useable, but concerned it could let dust in, or start leaking water in the rain....or smash eventually.

I am going to order a replacement screen online,as the phone brand and model is not available here.
    But does anyone know a decent place that would be able to replace a touch screen?
    How much it would cost?
    I am guessing that once you replace one, its not that hard to replace another.

Failing that where would I get the necessary tools to try myself? It doesnt look...incredibly difficult. on the outside anyway...

All useful advice will be appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

+1 and sorry to jump on your thread.

Also have herself's Asha 300 and wondering can I fix the screen myself. Would be interested on feedback here too. Some of the prices quoted by the professional services are just too high, based on the phone's value. I am comfortable upgrading CPUs in laptops, I'm wondering what comfort level is required to work on phones, particularly smart phones.

Again, sorry for jumping on your thread. Looking for exact same info. The repair continuum, from DIY to whatever upper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Bump.

anyone any input on this? an Asha 300 is a low-price phone. Is it worth having a go myself, buying a digitizer for a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Bump.

anyone any input on this? an Asha 300 is a low-price phone. Is it worth having a go myself, buying a digitizer for a tenner?

no joy as yet. So what does the digitiser do? Never heard of it?

Advertisement