Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Companies in Ireland

Options
  • 04-04-2014 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Which one is best in your opinion?renewal rates have gone through the roof!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There is no one "best" as such,
    You need to do the leg work and ring around and get quotes to find the best quote for you in your situation,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nobody here can tell you who the best is. 3 cars in our house and 2 different insurance companies because cover provided, age, policy cost etc was different for each car.
    I am very happy with my provider because I'm willing to pay a premium for full NCB protection and for the level of customer service this company gives. Others want best price and basic package.
    Go to an independent broker to answer this query.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

In my view, there is no "best" insurance company. Each company will have decided to target a particular market segment, and may not be interested in business from other segments.

You have to ring around and find the one that's offering the best deal for you.

I think I've changed my insurance company every year to cherry pick the best deal for me. I do use a broker though who manage all the paperwork etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

My own insurance company is a prime example,with them 7 years,got my renewal yesterday,it has gone UP 50% on last years premium yet i've no claims of any kind nor points,they have some hope of keeping my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    My own insurance company is a prime example,with them 7 years,got my renewal yesterday,it has gone UP 50% on last years premium yet i've no claims of any kind nor points,they have some hope of keeping my business.

Don't give up on your existing company just because they try it on with the renewal, they do that with a % of their customers every year because there's enough people out there who just pay up. Losing a number of existing customers is clearly worth it if they sufficient people just pay the amount in the renewal.

The likelihood is that they will reduce the premium by a large amount if you phone up, tell them what their competitors are quoting and they will reduce the renewal premium.

I understand that you probably have the attitude 'screw them' but you really need to not take it personally and still go back to them for a quote, they may still undercut the opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

coylemj wrote: »
    Don't give up on your existing company just because they try it on with the renewal, they do that with a % of their customers every year because there's enough people out there who just pay up. Losing a number of existing customers is clearly worth it if they sufficient people just pay the amount in the renewal.

The likelihood is that they will reduce the premium by a large amount if you phone up, tell them what their competitors are quoting and they will reduce the renewal premium.

I understand that you probably have the attitude 'screw them' but you really need to not take it personally and still go back to them for a quote, they may still undercut the opposition.
    I tried that with them already,they said they cant reduce the premium anymore than what it is,so i'll be jumping ship by the looks of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement