Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs on a Sunday in Dublin

Options
  • 04-04-2014 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

My friends and I are heading out for the day/eve/night in Dublin this Sunday! We have booked a city centre hotel and we were planning on grabbing some lunch then going for drinks... Does anyone know of a lively bar on a Sunday? We are all female in early 30's. We were also hoping to go to a bar that has a few drink deals such as buckets of corona etc. We want to avoid temple bar area if possible as it's far too expensive. We are staying around Camden street area so I'm looking for recommends on pub(s) around that area that are good value and good fun on a Sunday. Thanks as always!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Pygmalion on South William Street would probably suit you. It always seems to be buzzing on Sundays throughout the day. AFAIK they have music from the afternoon/early evening onwards, although that could just be during the summer. I've never eaten there though so not sure what the food is like.

Dakota across the road is also fairly lively throughout the day. They do good cocktails and good bar food and tapas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bleeding Horse is good. Bit of singer-songwriter stuff until about 10, then d.j. until maybe 2:30?

If you have no standards, could always do the Flannery's-Coppers axis of evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

If you're into the more Pogues/Christy Moore/Irish ballad type of music on Sunday evening/night you could head to Cassidys on Camden Street (near the Bleeding Horse). Might not be everybody's cup of tea but the craic and atmosphere does be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

If you're starting mid-afternoon keep in mind most places will be showing the Leinster game. I know Dtwo are doing €3 bottles of Heineken & Coors Light for the game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

sticksman wrote: »
    If you're into the more Pogues/Christy Moore/Irish ballad type of music on Sunday evening/night you could head to Cassidys on Camden Street (near the Bleeding Horse). Might not be everybody's cup of tea but the craic and atmosphere does be good.

Chris and the lads in there are quality to be fair, haven't been up there much since I started this full-time work malarky but it's a great spot for a Sunday pint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement