Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrific case of animal cruelty

• 04-04-2014 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I read the other day about that poor little dog Thor that was used as live bait for dog fighting in Cork the other day and it sickened me to the core. The fact that these evil brutes tie small dogs, cats and piglets up by their hind legs to be used as bait is horrific. I hope these evil scum are found and get the punishment they deserve they deserve. Luckily Thor was found just in time but how many other innocent animals were tortured and just dumped those scum deserve slow torture like their victims. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Facebook update on Thor is he had a hind leg amputated yesterday and is on very heavy pain killers. The vets say he is doing very well which is great news.

The story has obviously touched a lot of people as a lot of local businesses are helping out with money and giving things to help.

Heres hoping he makes as full a recovery as possible and he learns to trust people as soon a s possible so he can have as normal as life as he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Following on from Thor,
    a live horse was discovered near where rotting carcasses of around 17 animals were found at the base of cliffs in what has been described as a “planned and sinister” act.
    “In my opinion, they’ve been there definitely more than two months,” said Me Coote “From down below, it looks like they were thrown off from the top. Whether they were dead or alive, you can’t tell. They weren’t shot but their necks and legs are broken.”

more reading and NSFW image right here.

I could barely look at this on the News. Its beyond horrrific if these poor animals were alive when they were dumped off the cliff. Whoever did that deserves the same treatment...... can you imagine the fear they suffered? I dont understand how anyone could do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Same here there are some evil sick and twisted f**** in our world. They get some sick thrill out of cruelty and the lure of money in illegal dog fighting using live small live animals as bait. I don't buy the mental problems or coming from abused childhood act hard justice needs to be taken on these scum. If they are capable of doing this to innocent animals what would they be like with kids :eek:
    On a good note Thor is getting loads of hampers and bedding in free from people, Maxi Zoo providing food, a physio visiting him and someone from a grooming centre coming in to teach the clinic how to gain Thor's trust with humans again. Poor little fella must be so scared of us right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I read Thor's story in the Examiner yesterday, and felt sick. Saw the horses on RTE's headlines and literally couldn't watch. It's beyond belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I have a rescue husky that we think was used as a bait dog, he has marks on his back legs that look as though they were tied. He is completely rehabilitated now, loves playing with other dogs, so hopefully Thor can make a good recovery.

I got an update on Thor's condition from Creedon's if anyone's interested...

Many of you have been following the work that Nanci has been doing with Thor, the little Jack Russell that was used as dog bait. Here is a lovely video of his progress.
    Thor will be ready for rehoming soon, and will be offered free continual training by Nanci, so if you know anyone with a quiet household that would be interested in giving this great boy a home, send them our way!
    Another dog is a must as dogs help Thor to settle.
    End of Quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

I got an update on Thor's condition from Creedon's if anyone's interested...

Many of you have been following the work that Nanci has been doing with Thor, the little Jack Russell that was used as dog bait. Here is a lovely video of his progress.
    Thor will be ready for rehoming soon, and will be offered free continual training by Nanci, so if you know anyone with a quiet household that would be interested in giving this great boy a home, send them our way!
    Another dog is a must as dogs help Thor to settle.
    End of Quote

Thank you for posting this. Reading an online paper today, my heart is broken from seeing so many cruelty cases. What, if anything, goes on inside the mind of people capable of inflicting this cruelty? :mad:

I know. There was yet another case in the Daily Mail yesterday where a Staffy mix dog was tied up outside Mothercare with a collar made of BRICKS!! :mad: It was fairly obvious why this was done.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2647166/Dog-owner-arrested-tied-pet-outside-shop-makeshift-collar-BRICKS-make-stronger.html

It was a good thing the RSPCA took the poor dog and the Old Bill lifted the scum that did this to him. I'm only amazed they made it out of the shopping centre alive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Slightly in relation to this, there's a program on channel 4 next week about dog fighting, I saw the trailer for it last night. It may be very upsetting viewing though. I can't link to it as I'm on the phone and having home broadband issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement