Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I request a charge back.

Options
  • 04-04-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭

I booked a hotel yesterday but was forced to cancel the booking 10 minutes later due to a funding issue and clash of the dates, the website took the payment instantaneously and the cancellation email said the refund would be issued immediately but may take time to show up on my statement.

I am wondering is it possible to request a charge back on this transaction as I need to make other travel arrangements asap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

We would advise that you contact the retailer directly to confirm that they have already initiated the refund to your account.

Bank of Ireland offers all customers who hold Visa Debit cards and Credit Cards the option to dispute a transaction and you can find our Visa Debit card dispute form here.

For chargeback requests involving Credit Card transactions, please call Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

We hope this helps, if there is anything else you require assistance with please let us know.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have contacted the website and am currently awaiting a response, I made the booking with a Visa Debit card rather than a credit card, thank you for the fast response.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have received an email asking for a copy of my statement to verify I have indeed been charged, while speaking to a banking 365 representative yesterday it was confirmed I have been charged for this transaction, the email from this company also stated it will take up to 7 working days for a refund, I can not wait that long as I need to book alternative accommodation as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

In this case it may be quicker to liaise directly with the company, as they have advised that the refund is already in progress.

It is possible to dispute a transaction made with your Visa Debit card via the dispute form. However any dispute will need to be investigated on a case by case basis and the investigation may take longer than the 7 working days advised by the company.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement