Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Student Current A/C?

Options
  • 04-04-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi there,

didn't know whether to post this here or in the Student Finance section. Basically as the title suggests I am wondering what bank to switch to as an undergraduate.

Currently using Ulster Bank for the past two years but I've decided to move upon learning this week that they are no longer offering any finance to students, more out of principle than anything.

Would I be correct in thinking that student accounts are more or less equal in all the banks at the moment? Bearing in mind I will probably require a small student loan for the coming college year.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

BOI throw credit at you if you want it.
    AIB would be slightly less open with lending but still give out overdrafts, although you may need a guarantor.
    KBC wasn't the best experience for me, never got as far as looking for credit from them.
    From service point of view, not much between them. No fees for either.

I stuck with BOI as they have a branch on campus which is handy, plus as I said they throw credit at you. It's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

I'm allergic to overdrafts so that's OK. Have heard that previously about BOI. Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement