Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Energy

Options
  • 04-04-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I hope I'm posting in the right section . This is more than a rant than looking for advice .

My bill comes in and I clear it before the next bill comes in and I've now received a disconnection notice from bord gais energy . I rang them and explained I always payed my bill that way for the last 3 years. The girl I spoke to told me that I would be disconnected in the next few days if it was not payed it is only €142. I could understand if I'd missed a couple of bills but I've always paid this way and it's never been an issue. I know you will say pay the bill or that I'm not meeting the terms and conditions but to cut some one off for €142 is a bit much

Rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

But maybe you paid your last bill just after your current bill was issued so your current bill shows that you now owe two bills, if you follow me.
    I think it would be unusual to issue disconnection notice for just one bill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You need to pay the bill by the bill's due date and nothing else. If I was to guess I'd say you've most likely you've been paying your bill late for two years and they are simply putting down their foot about it.

Advertisement