Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland at home 7th April MNF

Options
  • 04-04-2014 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Here we are in early April and once again having nothing to play for

Sunderland are desperately seeking points so we should be a nice soft touch for them. I'm not going to bother predicting a lineup as its impossible to predict what old Tim will do.

I think the players wont bother showing up here and we will get beaten 1-2 with some more comical defending at the back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Positive as always Mick! At least it'll be something to watch on a drab Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Yes at least we get a Monday Night Football, has been a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

id love to be positive man - i just cant see any reason why this bunch of players will all of a sudden start trying for sherwood

In any case, i actually want us to drop points so we will fall out of the europa league spots. I hate saying that but its the best thing for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Martin567

mickman wrote: »
    Here we are in early April and once again having nothing to play for

Having nothing to play for in April is surely the exception in the last 5 years or so?

Martin567 wrote: »
    Having nothing to play for in April is surely the exception in the last 5 years or so?

I think that is the point he is making, just shows how far we have fallen back this season from the high standards of recent seasons.

• Advertisement

id love to be positive man - i just cant see any reason why this bunch of players will all of a sudden start trying for sherwood

In any case, i actually want us to drop points so we will fall out of the europa league spots. I hate saying that but its the best thing for us

Catch 22 situation, I think we nearly all feel the same. Nobody wants it, I just can't see Utd playing Europa League somehow. It'll be our burden to carry for another season.

There's a distinct lack of harmony growing throughout the squad, that can't be denied. What will Tim do next?

Catch 22 situation, I think we nearly all feel the same. Nobody wants it, I just can't see Utd playing Europa League somehow. It'll be our burden to carry for another season.

There's a distinct lack of harmony growing throughout the squad, that can't be denied. What will Tim do next?

Hopefully catch a train to somewhere miles and miles away from WHL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Martin567

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I think that is the point he is making, just shows how far we have fallen back this season from the high standards of recent seasons.

It certainly feels that way with all the hammerings, etc.

It is strange to think that Spurs are only two points worse off now than the same stage last season. It's more a case that other teams have improved significantly (Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal & Everton) while Spurs have slipped back slightly. The standard required to make the top 4 is getting higher every year, it seems. I remember Liverpool qualifying for the CL on several occasions despite getting no more than 64-65 points.

Hopefully catch a train to somewhere miles and miles away from WHL :D

Well since he's fond of advantages view points, maybe they could suspend Tim from a blimp.

United are hitting form , i wouldnt be surprised to see them win a good chunk of their remaining games so they will prob finish above us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I have never ever ever wanted spurs to drop points, under any circumstances, and nothing has changed! Sunderland are shocking at the back too, 4-2 spurs, COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Let me guess Eriksen out wide and Bentaleb starts:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

There's a distinct lack of harmony growing throughout the squad, that can't be denied.

I agree with this.... And I worry if too much damage has been done. Might the players resent the club and want to leave regardless who comes in in the Summer. Maybe some players will have made the decision to leave before the World Cup!

mushykeogh wrote: »
    I have never ever ever wanted spurs to drop points, under any circumstances, and nothing has changed! Sunderland are shocking at the back too, 4-2 spurs, COYS![/

Same here but we need a season without Thursday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I have Tim sussed.

Lloris

Naughton - Vlad - Kaboul - Fryers

Lennon - Siggy - Bentaleb - Eriksen

Chadli

Adebayor.

Ade - and 4-1 Spurs.

Have Ade as my Dream team captain!!
    COYS!

please dont ruin my monday night lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Two things I hate to hear is

" Players Not Playing For The Manager"

+

"The Manager Has Lost The Dressibg Room"

These players should be made to know who they are playing for, The Club and The Fans who PAY THEIR WAGES.

And what about playing for personal pride, some of the peformanaces from certain players have been dreadful this season.

No wonder why Sherwood playes Bentaleb.........he's one of the few he can trust.

We need to go on a good run to get our confidence up again.

We need Ade and Soldado to click in our remaining fixtures.

Tonight we should go 4-4-2 with 3 in the back 4 :rolleyes:

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

tonight will be interesting. Tim said that he has had a lot of time to prepare this week and if the players dont get it now then they never will.

If we play rubbish tonight and the players dont give 100% then its as clear as day that they dont respect him and his "ideas"

If we play rubbish tonight and the players dont give 100% then its as clear as day that they dont respect him and his "ideas"

Hi Mick,

That's what I'm complaining aboot, wheather they have respect Timmy or not, should be irrelevant.

They should be aware that they are playing for the fans who pay good money to see them play.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Hi Mick,

That's what I'm complaining aboot, wheather they have respect Timmy or not, should be irrelevant.

They should be aware that they are playing for the fans who pay good money to see them play.

yes true but sure we know thats not the case. A lot of players arent very motivated and this is where a top class manager earns his wages. Take Fergie for example , he was able to motivate every player to play 100% . Harry wasnt bad at it either but the players have to respect the manager .

if we get played off the park tonight then there will be a mutiny id say

yes true but sure we know thats not the case. A lot of players arent very motivated and this is where a top class manager earns his wages. Take Fergie for example , he was able to motivate every player to play 100% . Harry wasnt bad at it either but the players have to respect the manager .

if we get played off the park tonight then there will be a mutiny id say

Maybe an actual punch up this time eh!

• Advertisement

now its being announced that sherwood is gone in the summer so tonight could be a complete shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

i actually want us to drop points so we will fall out of the europa league spots.

I disagree with this. The EL should be used for reserve players and players needing match time after injury etc. I agree that bringing first team players to the Lapland to get a win is madness. Personally, I hope they do qualify for EL. It's how the new manager manage's the squad is they key.

COYS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lloris
    Lennon - Sandro - Eriksen - Chadli
    Eriksen

Ade

I'd rather that. 2 upfront, and have Eriksen palying in an attacking midfield position. No point being cautious tonight.

Bah, Soldado is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Soldado is OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Two things I hate to hear is

" Players Not Playing For The Manager"

+

"The Manager Has Lost The Dressibg Room"

These players should be made to know who they are playing for, The Club and The Fans who PAY THEIR WAGES.

I agree in principle, but in reality it's not that straightforward.

No matter what your job if you don't like your boss then your performance will suffer. Psychologically it's harder to get up in morning to start your 9-5 shift, you 'take it easy' because you feel you have nothing to lose. Footballers are no different.

Hope Lennon not playing

Kiith wrote: »

Lloris
    Lennon - Sandro - Eriksen - Chadli
    Eriksen

Ade

I'd rather that. 2 upfront, and have Eriksen palying in an attacking midfield position. No point being cautious tonight.

Bah, Soldado is out.

I know Christian is a good player but is never worth two positions on the team :p. I am guessing you meant Bentaleb to play centre mid.

I know Christian is a good player but is never worth two positions on the team :p. I am guessing you meant Bentaleb to play centre mid.

of course :-) we will hardly play one of our midfielders who will be going to world cup with Belgium and Brazil

of course :-) we will hardly play one of our midfielders who will be going to world cup with Belgium and Brazil

Why would we do a silly thing like that, that would make way too much sense ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Shirley there has to be changes after last weeks rubbish. Sandro paulinho Townsend eriksen dembele all to start please

Advertisement