Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland at home 7th April MNF

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Get in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Deserved, can't wait to see him next season under proper management.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's the Eriksen we've been wanting to see for a while now. He's been excellent tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Some sweet touches by Kane,

Maybe we should call him SugarKane:D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

4 :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Great stuff from Kane, money in the bank!! €€€

I'd give Kane a run in the team after tonight's performance. Delighted he broke his duck.

WTF, number 27 went down like a cheap whore.

Good oul Siggy

Why can't we play like this every weekend?

• Advertisement

What are we level in goal difference now?

Sunderland are a very poor team.

We shouldn't get carried away with this result.

Great performance by Ericson....again.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    What are we level in goal difference now?

Yep we are level on goal difference.

Keep on winning and hope those above us slip up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Really happy with 5 goals but sunderland are woeful. The good performances were obvious but i also thought paulinho was good. They really were playing against muck though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sunderland are a very poor team.

We shouldn't get carried away with this result.

Great performance by Ericson....again.
    No one getting carried away,just a bit of relief from the recent misery.Eriksen is the man!

Well, it was nice to see a bit of pressing for a change. Feel a bit sorry for Poyet. Bring on West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Five points behind Arsenal. No no no, do not give us hope cos it will only most likely end up with us in that stupid fookn europa sh1te again. I don't think we need any more of that. But the hope we could still make CL just confuses the fcuk oua me. Please give me Morphine for this pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Seen last 20 mins before heading off to work. The one time I don't bother hitting the record button the night before...

Hate this false hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Bizarre that we are 5 points off arsenal, same old tottenham, teasing us with the slightest glimmer of hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

First match all season I had no interest in as effectively our season is over. Do we want Europa league next season? Personally I don't.
    Why this ****e about Sherwood leaving whatever happens? Can't be good for the team.

With erikksons performance it will possibly mean he will be gone during the summer.

Was that the old winning 442 formation that Sherwood used at the start and then dumped?
    You could see how much better a 442 is for us.

Rose is a midfielder, hes not a defender and with him and lennon being used as traditional wingers feeding 2 strikers there is hope.

Kane impressed. He seemed sharper and committed, bye bye solardo, but we all know what will happen. We should play our best bunch of players week in and week out, stop changing them, then we will get the best of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

The one glimmer of hope this season has been Eriksen .. most of the other players have been dog s***e

We tore apart a very very poor team last night, and that is even with us trying our best to help them win by gifting them their 1st goal.

Sunderland did ok in the 1st half and the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half ... with their pressing of play ..but they run out of steam and then they were just chasing shadows (mostly Eriksens shadow)

Still not sure of his best position yet .. don't believe it is playing on the left like he does now ... maybe as a No10 or a more deeper playmaking midfielder ...

Anyway we won 5-1 and what has been a god awful season .. we are still 5 points behind Arse***

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Typical..
    Had a 5r double....
    Spurs 3-1 @ 11/1 + Ath Bilbao win 2-1 @ 9/1.
    And we go and score 2 goals in the last 4 mins to get our biggest home win in 2 years!!!!!
    About Eriksen, I felt he was flattering to decieve for most of this season..
    In fairness, i dont think any of the new lads have had any sort of a run of games to be fair to them.
    But remember when we bought Luka, he was far too lightweight to play in the middle of the park and he played on the left fo rthe majority of his first season, then earned the right to dictate from the middle..Looks like Christy is doing the same thing now....
    Lot of plusses from last night, and now Everton have City and Utd..we have "winnable" games left.... didnt bother looking at Arsenal fixtures, i believe they are handy though..
    COYS.

29 attempts on goal.
    Best performance at home this season.
    We should win all our remaining fixtures.
    Kaboul did a lot of talking and organizing at the back, something that has been missing all season. I like the partnership of those two at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

great win lads, leagues better than i thought. The team seemed galvanised - sherwood seemed very relaxed also and chilled out - not sure i that was because he had been fired or cos levy told him he was safe for 12 months

Eriksen is a class above - next season he could really set the league alight , his crosses are frighteingly good - a nightmare for any defender. He is able to spot the gap and make the pass almost every time, we need to build the team around him

Kane also had a great game, he actually has a bit of pace and good feet, not a bad player - not sure he would step up to the plate against the likes of terry and cahill though :-)

rose was awful though

Hope we finish out on a high , buy maybe 3 top players during summer and drive on next season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

As everyone is saying, we beat a poor team last night. A Chmpionship team if you will.

Yes, we got the ball in the net more than twice - but a well organised decent calibre team would have beaten us last night. Too much space between the lines. Not enough offered by Lennon, Rose and Paulinho.

I'm happy for Kane that he got on the scoresheet, but he missed a few other opportunities. But I'll put that down to inexperience, as you can see he's trying to pull off things that work in the U-21s.

I've said it from the first couple of times I saw Eriksen in a Spurs shirt, he's our best player. He's more intelligent than any other player and could work well in Van Gaal's holding midfielder/playmaker role. I also think Soldado and Eriksen would link up well if they were playing no.9 and no.10 together. Probably our two most intelligent players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

We are going to finish 4th- There I said it !

0f5270c91cfe1e250242494adc23afeaad9d89e6_m.gif
    golfball37 wrote: »
    We are going to finish 4th- There I said it !

Advertisement