Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with extract/hops reciepe

Options
  • 04-04-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A friend from work gave me some left over hops from his last batch. I am going to brew it tomorrow hopefully, but I am looking for some recipe guidance.

So far I have:

2x 1.5kg light malt extract
    1x 12.5g ALE 514 mauribrew yeast
    Citra Hops
    Cascade Hops
    Chinook Hops
    Centennial Hops

Is this enough for a 23l batch? I estimate to have about 50g of each hops.

Can anyone suggest the timing and amounts for the above hops, and hop much water/extract should I add for the boil?

Thanks for your help,

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Yes. BeerSmith says you'll end up around 4.6% abv.

Chinook and/or Centennial at 60 min, but not 50g of each.

Cascade and Citra nearer 0 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Great, thanks for that!

How much would you reccomend, total of 50g at 60min and a total of 50 between 30 and 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Kencollins wrote: »
    Great, thanks for that!

How much would you reccomend, total of 50g at 60min and a total of 50 between 30 and 15?

I'd do 40g of Chinook at 60, 25g of Citra and 25g of Centennial at 10 min, and 30g of Cascade at 0 min. Whatever you do will probably work out as long as you don't go above about 60 IBUs.

Advertisement