Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for Unique des 69 owner

Options
  • 04-04-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Does anybody know of anyone who has a Unique Model DES69? could they please get in contact with me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 22

Hi there, does anybody know of anyone in Ireland that would have a Unique Model DES69 if you do could you please contact me or have them contact me, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Well, mrs tac used to have one, before our grateful government took it away from and turned it into manhole covers.

Can I help? You don't actually say what the problem is.

If yours is turning into a machine gun - this DOES happen sometimes, disconcertingly - this might help you out -

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spun69.htm

The bottom bit of this might also help with advice on setting up and adjusting -

http://unique.skivebom.com/des/index.php/little-history

Bear in mind that there are NO spares for this pistol. Unique - actually Manufacture D'armes Des Pyrenées - went bust about ten or more years ago.

mrs tac was the county champion with this little gun - I could never make it shoot well for me, even with the heaviest of the barrel weights.

tac

I have a Unique rifle which I love, so was thinking of a des 69 from France at 400€ for a target pistol but I would like to get an owners opinion of this firearm. :pac: .............................

Seeing as you appear to have ignored the really important part of my post above, I'll post it again - in BOLD print.

Bear in mind that there are NO spares for this pistol. Unique - actually Manufacture D'armes Des Pyrenées - went bust about ten or more years ago.

The rifles were made by the same people who made the pistols, in case you missed my point.

tac

PS - I was an owner for almost twenty years, and it was a very nice little pistol, if extraordinarily 'twitchy'.

Sigh.

DES69 = late 1960's technology - company gone bust in 2003, sold to FRM = who have no interest older models and therefore there are no parts.

You might be buying a puppy from France.

tac

• Advertisement

Donkey and March in France for parts, Bobs Guns in America, Griff for Fitted Grips in Germany and a company in Austria are selling out of the box new or nearly new des69.

I need to talk to someone in Ireland who has one licenced because of our unique legislation and to find out is it suitable for my needs.

Tac thank you for your input

Advertisement