Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful service

Options
  • 04-04-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Hi lads I ordered broadband on the 19th march and told a technician would be out the 26th which happened but he couldnt install it and I was told that Eircom would reschedule that a fault on the line needed to be fixe. Fast forward another week of hearing nothing until I had to ring and find out was I going to have another appointment at some stage. I was told on that phone call that he would call me back it an appointment. 3 days ater I was called back and my appointment was booked........ Out come the new technician and still a problem with the line, error at the pole he said and that eircom would have to reschedule so he left and 3 hours later he returned with a harness, He was going to fix the error at the pole. He rings me tells me he's at my house but I'm now at work having arrange my schedule for a morning call its now mid afternoo so I tell him I'll leave work to wait there and I'l let him into the house. So my understanding boss lets me leave and head home to meet the technician but as I pull up I notice no van there so I ring him on the number he called me with 15 minutes previously and he says he left because he'd to give the harness to some fella and tells me how they're paid by the job and that he couldnt hang around. He says he'll come back after 4 as I will be home from work then.......I hear no more from him.

So given the confusion I ring the Technician company to find out when I'll get a date to install and the girl tells me she has to investigate the issue endof phone call so I ring back 6 hours later and i'm told they've sent the issue back to eircom so  call Eircom and I'm told they will call me in the next 5 days with a new date for installation and leave it at that.

If I didnt ring I'd have gotten zero information from either company. I am disgusted with the service I have received so far from your company and will be looking for alernatives. The Fascinating thing is I havent received your service yet and I've had to tolerate this lack of service and unprofessionalism.

Honestly to anyone thinking of ordering simply dont look for other options. I live on the outskirts of limerick city and its ths bad I cant imagine what it mut be like if you live somewhere remotely off the beating track. Disgraceful service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Any reply to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hi lads I ordered broadband on the 19th march and told a technician would be out the 26th which happened but he couldnt install it and I was told that Eircom would reschedule that a fault on the line needed to be fixe. Fast forward another week of hearing nothing until I had to ring and find out was I going to have another appointment at some stage. I was told on that phone call that he would call me back it an appointment. 3 days ater I was called back and my appointment was booked........ Out come the new technician and still a problem with the line, error at the pole he said and that eircom would have to reschedule so he left and 3 hours later he returned with a harness, He was going to fix the error at the pole. He rings me tells me he's at my house but I'm now at work having arrange my schedule for a morning call its now mid afternoo so I tell him I'll leave work to wait there and I'l let him into the house. So my understanding boss lets me leave and head home to meet the technician but as I pull up I notice no van there so I ring him on the number he called me with 15 minutes previously and he says he left because he'd to give the harness to some fella and tells me how they're paid by the job and that he couldnt hang around. He says he'll come back after 4 as I will be home from work then.......I hear no more from him.

So given the confusion I ring the Technician company to find out when I'll get a date to install and the girl tells me she has to investigate the issue endof phone call so I ring back 6 hours later and i'm told they've sent the issue back to eircom so  call Eircom and I'm told they will call me in the next 5 days with a new date for installation and leave it at that.

If I didnt ring I'd have gotten zero information from either company. I am disgusted with the service I have received so far from your company and will be looking for alernatives. The Fascinating thing is I havent received your service yet and I've had to tolerate this lack of service and unprofessionalism.

Honestly to anyone thinking of ordering simply dont look for other options. I live on the outskirts of limerick city and its ths bad I cant imagine what it mut be like if you live somewhere remotely off the beating track. Disgraceful service
    Hi Iang87

I am sorry to hear this and I can understand the experience you have had has not been good so far. If you can PM me the Order no. or Account no. I will see what I can do to provide you with an update here,

thanks
    Colm

What sort of timeframe am i looking into getting a relpy here

Any reply to this.
    Hi iang87

I am sorry, I do not have any concrete update here as of yet. This has been escalated to our efibre escalations team. As soon as I receive an update I will advise you here,

thanks
    Colm

Ok I'll assume given today is thursday there will almost certainly be no hope of someone being out tomorrow to fix this so it gets dragged on for another week.

It truly is astonishing that you'll treat customers like this.

The girl on the phone last week gave me a timeframe of when I can expect a call back she said between 3 Hours and 10 days. Ia sked her to repeat it because it was the strangest timeframe I ever heard given. Do ye treat all customers like this or is it only a handful of us that get this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

The timeframe doesn't matter if the call back doesn't happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi iang87,

As soon as Colm receives and update on this we will be sure to get back to you.

Tony

Alright I wont hold my breath on this anyone as you have hardly been the picture of speed so far with how you operate

Just want to give this a bump so people know another full week has gone by and not a word from eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

Ah here your only warming up!We ordered package from the rep on 2nd Feb and after 12 different men from both Eircom and k&n came we got broadband 3 days ago.... 12 men! joke . after being assured it would be an easy job WE had to hire a digger- install all ducting ourselves and after 8 weeks of untold grief and phone calls.. Our broadband speed.... 0.8 mb! After promised minimum of 4...to tell you I'm disgusted with the service that Eircom provide is an understatement. As for the call center.. Mega grief.. Maybe somebody here can tell me how sometimes you can talk to an advisor and then others will refuse under data protection if you've no account number!?.? I'll attach abysmal speedchecks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Horse1920 wrote: »
    Ah here  your only warming up!We ordered package  from the rep on 2nd Feb and after 12 different men from  both Eircom  and k&n came we got broadband 3 days ago.... 12 men! joke . after being assured it would be an easy job  WE had to hire a digger- install all ducting  ourselves and after 8 weeks of untold grief and phone calls.. Our broadband speed.... 0.8 mb! After  promised minimum of 4...to tell you I'm disgusted with the service that Eircom provide is an understatement. As for the call center.. Mega grief.. Maybe somebody here can tell me how sometimes you can talk to an advisor and then others will refuse under data protection if you've no account number!?.? I'll attach abysmal speedchecks
    12 men?...with your patience they must be your apostles ;)

Ah here  your only warming up!We ordered package  from the rep on 2nd Feb and after 12 different men from  both Eircom  and k&n came we got broadband 3 days ago.... 12 men! joke . after being assured it would be an easy job  WE had to hire a digger- install all ducting  ourselves and after 8 weeks of untold grief and phone calls.. Our broadband speed.... 0.8 mb! After  promised minimum of 4...to tell you I'm disgusted with the service that Eircom provide is an understatement. As for the call center.. Mega grief.. Maybe somebody here can tell me how sometimes you can talk to an advisor and then others will refuse under data protection if you've no account number!?.? I'll attach abysmal speedchecks

Actually the account number thing is something that baffles me. The first few disnt ask and then 3 asked in a row and now back to not asking.

I cant believe 12 men came out. I cant wait until UPC offer their service out my way I will be rid of eircom in a shot. UPC are by no means great to deal with but next to these cowboys they look spectacular

Approaching the magical one month day from the date of order.

and almost 2 weeks since I heard from anyone in eircom.

Seriously anyone with an option dont choose this company to deal with. Even the reps here wont give me any information

Ok I'll assume given today is thursday there will almost certainly be no hope of someone being out tomorrow to fix this so it gets dragged on for another week.

The girl on the phone last week gave me a timeframe of when I can expect a call back she said between 3 Hours and 10 days. Ia sked her to repeat it because it was the strangest timeframe I ever heard given. Do ye treat all customers like this or is it only a handful of us that get this

Look at that. A week later and this post is still relevant, havent heard a thing

Excellent top notch service lads, any chance of  a phone call or a smoke signal or something that shows ye have some form of notion to fix the problem

Look at that. A week later and this post is still relevant, havent heard a thing

Excellent top notch service lads, any chance of  a phone call or a smoke signal or something that shows ye have some form of notion to fix the problem
    Hi Iang87

I understand this delay is very frustrating. I have queried with Managers in charge of installation as to the issue here causing the delay in installation of your service. As soon as I receive an update I will advise you here,

thanks
    Colm

Hi Iang87

I understand this delay is very frustrating. I have queried with Managers in charge of installation as to the issue here causing the delay in installation of your service. As soon as I receive an update I will advise you here,

thanks
    Colm

You said the same thing almost 8 days ago

Hi Iang87

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Iang87

A colleague of mine has advised me that he has contacted you and booked and agreed an appointment date for the efibre installation on the 25th of April AM. I hope this is ok. Once again I would like to apologise for the difficulties you have encountered in getting the service activated so far.

thanks
    Colm

Hi Colm,

Yes a colleague of yours contacted me and the appointment has been made. He also assured me that the installation would be successful this time around so now I will wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Colm,

Yes a colleague of yours contacted me and the appointment has been made. He also assured me that the installation would be successful this time around so now I will wait and see
    Hi Iang87

Good to hear, escalated cases like this are treated with upmost care however if you do notice any further issues arising please let us know

Al

Hi Lang, it's all great here now super fast broadband!! I'll attach a screenshot of the speed test..... I've really had it with Eircom.. Abysmal really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Hi Lang, it's all great here now super fast broadband!! I'll attach a screenshot of the speed test..... I've really had it with Eircom.. Abysmal really

Sweet Jesus!! Unless they can fix this I'd be cancelling, dial up would be better. Are you in a town or a rural area?

Maybe a rep from Eircom would like to contact me through here because a manager 2weeks ago assured me he would get to the bottom of the problem and ring me before end of business day... As I say that was 2 weeks ago.. You know a small bit of honesty would go a long way.. Like maybe we're having difficulty or there's a problem in your area... Was angry, but now just really fed up with Eircom... If anybody is in the middle of a decision please talk to your neighbours and not the Eircom rep all they want is the bank details....

mickeyk wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus!! Unless they can fix this I'd be cancelling, dial up would be better. Are you in a town or a rural area?

Hi Mickey, I'm 3.4 km from a 24mbs exchange on a "N" main road in the West have a cabinet within 85 meters of my exterior access box

Hi Lang,   it's all great here now  super fast broadband!! I'll attach a screenshot of the speed test..... I've really had it with Eircom.. Abysmal really
    Hi Horse1920

Please PM me your landline number and I'll look in to this.

Thanks
    Al

Honest to christ lads how do ye function at eircom at all.

The installer came this morning and left because you hadnt set up the part of your job that you set would be set up.

This is an absolute disgrace

So now i assume this will go on for another "ten working days" until i hear a response then another week once I get the response.

See ye around May 15/16 so is it

Can I expect a reply from you today or will I just wait not knowing for another week

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Hi Lang,   it's all great here now  super fast broadband!! I'll attach a screenshot of the speed test..... I've really had it with Eircom.. Abysmal really
    Hey @Horse1920... you know you haven't got the wifi turned on your phone in that screenshot there? 

Can I expect a reply from you today or will I just wait not knowing for another week
    Hi Iang87

I can understand your disappointment however we may not be able to reply to you right away.

I'm very sorry to hear of this, I will need to escalate this to the efibre team. As soon as I have any further information I will let you know.

Thanks
    al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Cancel your order, surely you're not going to proceed with Eircom.

Advertisement