Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Bravo Eircom you've truly outdone yourselves. You sent me a bill for a service I'm not receiving. Honest to christ if ye take one penny from my bank account I'll take ye to court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Iang87 wrote: »
    Bravo Eircom you've truly outdone yourselves. You sent me a bill for a service I'm not receiving. Honest to christ if ye take one penny from my bank account I'll take ye to court
    Hi Iang87
    Thanks for taking my call and I am pushing this again this morning. I hope to have news on tech and will chase this bill also. Obviously no monies can be taken as service has not been supplied as yet.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Hi Iang87
    Thanks for taking my call and I am pushing this again this morning. I hope to have news on tech and will chase this bill also. Obviously no monies can be taken as service has not been supplied as yet.
    Tony
    I bet ya that the money will be taken from your account

There is nothing more that can be said about the way this is going on.

What have I to show for this week
    -a bill issued for a service I never got
    -a lady on the phone telling me she'd contact me with an appointment tuesday evening/wednesday morning
    -one of you lads, maybe tony, on the phone telling me you'd contact me with an appointment date by thursday evening
    -neither contacted me so I in fact have nothing to show for it except a bill for a service I never got

So I am in fact exactly where I started last week. It has now been 15 working days which is 3 weeks since the last time a technician even thought about what needs to be done. It was 10 working days prior to that when a woman on the phone told me that within 10 working days it would be fixed after waiting a week to get a technician out.

The two people this week telling me they'd ring back with an appointment bring the number to 3. Three seperate people working with ye have told me they'd ring back with an appointment and none of them did.

Will someone working there honestly tell me when they will set it up or why they will not? Someone is stopping this process one way or another, someone has to be up the line stopping this because if they werent I would be set up 9 times by now given from the day I ordered to the first technician was one week. Its now 9 weeks since I ordered

A shiny new week lads any chance of getting my broadband connected this week

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Retrovin

I'd be getting a solicitor ready in advance, because there is a high probability the money will be taken. Happened to myself. I dont think the billing department have any idea what goes on in the service or installation. Some set up :-)

• Advertisement

That wouldnt surprise me one bit there seems to be a general idea that noone knos what anyone else does or should be doing
    Retrovin wrote: »
    I'd be getting a solicitor ready in advance, because there is a high probability the money will be taken. Happened to myself. I dont think the billing department have any idea what goes on in the service or installation. Some set up :-)

anything at all this week coming lads? An appointment, a bill or is getting a service completely out of the question

Any info at all. I was told I'd get a call back this evening.

I was told that Thursday but in fairness he didnt specify which evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any info at all. I was told I'd get a call back this evening.

I was told that Thursday but in fairness he didnt specify which evening

Hi Iang87

Thanks for taking the call from Tony. We will make sure to follow up on this further tomorrow morning.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Absolutely baffling stuff altogether. I am having some problems getting the installation finished myself. KN came out and dug up half the garden to install my line, its live now a few weeks and have rang and they told me that KN never notified them that they installed the line lol. They said I would get an appointment within 7 days but still have heard nothing (this was about 10 days ago).

The communication within the company or lack of is staggering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

"Hi" (eircom rep)
    "Hi,I was just wondering if your fiber rollout is still on schedule? "
    " oh yes sir, should be.. Can I have your telephone number and I will check? "
    " sure, great.. (gives number) I filled in all info on your website and it says I'll be eligible for it next month.. As promised by local rep.. "
    " oh there seems to be an issue.... I see your just outside our coverage area for fiber... But maybe in the future we could offer it to you... "

Silence... Head almost comes off

" what do you mean? Your website says I'm eligible..? "
    " sorry sir can see here that it's not possible.. The coverage area on the maps are only a rough guide"
    "but, but i entered my number!? "
    " Sorry about that sir, there seems to be an issue alright with some numbers showing up as Ok.. Sorry again.."

"so your telling me that the ordeal that went through to get abysmal speed broadband/Dsl was simply not worth it, because the carrot of fiber coming soon.. was never going to happen.."
    "sorry sir"

Absolutely amazing, and disgraceful at the same time. Please avoid people at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 40wattbulb

All sounds familiar check out the 7 month (and counting) saga here - eircomnewline.com

Horse1920 wrote: »
    "Hi" (eircom rep)
    "Hi,I was just wondering if your fiber rollout is still on schedule? "
    " oh yes sir, should be.. Can I have your telephone number and I will check? "
    " sure, great.. (gives number) I filled in all info on your website and it says I'll be eligible for it next month.. As promised by local rep.. "
    " oh there seems to be an issue.... I see your just outside our coverage area for fiber... But  maybe in the future we could offer it to you... "

Silence... Head almost comes off

" what do you mean? Your website says I'm eligible..? "
    " sorry sir  can see here that it's not possible..  The coverage area on the maps are only a rough guide"
    "but, but i  entered my number!? "
    " Sorry about that sir, there seems to be an issue alright with some numbers showing up as Ok.. Sorry again.."

"so your telling me that the ordeal that  went  through to get abysmal speed broadband/Dsl was simply not worth it, because the carrot of fiber coming soon.. was never going to happen.."
    "sorry sir"

Absolutely amazing, and disgraceful at the same time. Please avoid people at all costs.

Hi Horse1920

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The rollout of efibre will be phased by the continued upgrade of cabinets in to the future and while the online coverage map may indicate that efibre is available, this really is an indication that it has launched in the area.[/font]

Please do feel free to PM me your details and I will look in to this again for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 27 danii24

cancel your contract if your not getting the service you're paying for... its quite simple really... Don't be typical silly Paddy Irishmen and continue paying for muck until your contract expires... there's always someone else. You're well within your rights to cancel if you're not getting a good service... 
    is this really the case...i rang eircom on fri looking to cancel my service because of the bill errors every month but they said i would have to pay the remaining months left on my contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

If you are not getting the service due to you by contract then they are in breach of contract. You might need to be prepared for a court visit or to hire a soliciter but you are in the right. These people are a shower of cowboy chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 danii24

<snip>. . .there has to be some way of stopping this from happening someone other than comreg to notify about it because, comreg wont do nothing for ya anymore wen it comes to dealing with eircom. . i read an article that comreg cannot cope with the amount of complaints that they're receiving. . its so frustrating but we certainly don't have to take this kind of treatment. . my blood is boiling reading through all these posts and seeing how myself and other customers are being treated

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Mod note: danii24, perhaps you could PM your details to the reps as asked 3 separate times so that they can help resolve your issue?

Well lads the technician came the other day, very nice fella. Just wondering when i'll get an appointment to get the broadband installed now.He just put a phoneline into the house

Well lads the technician came the other day, very nice fella. Just wondering when i'll get an appointment to get the broadband installed now.He just put a phoneline into the house
    Hi Iang87

Now that the line is installed things should go much smoother from here on out, the Broadband appointment does usually take a couple of days to generate but I will send this to operations to ask them to speed this up and get back as soon as I have more information for you.

Thanks
    Al

Chap from Eircom called out this morning at 10 and said he would call back an hour later with the modems, waiting here all day and no sign. Rang and they said sorry that they would call me back in the next few days for an appointment lol. All i can do is laugh, some bunch of yeeeehaaas!.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Chap from Eircom called out this morning at 10 and said he would call back an hour later with the modems, waiting here all day and no sign. Rang and they said sorry that they would call me back in the next few days for an appointment lol. All i can do is laugh, some bunch of yeeeehaaas!.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Sorry to hear this Gringo180

The technician should not have advised that a modem would be with you on the same day, the line is installed and within 5 days the broadband appointment is created. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Al[/font]

I just called sky and they told me that they can have broadband installed wednesday if I want to go ahead with the order from them. I dont really want to wait another 3 days to get an appointment that will be another 5 days after that

Gringo180 wrote: »

Sorry to hear this Gringo180

The technician should not have advised that a modem would be with you on the same day, the line is installed and within 5 days the broadband appointment is created. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Al
    The line is installed weeks now and have still yet to receive an appointment.

I just called sky and they told me that they can have broadband installed wednesday if I want to go ahead with the order from them. I dont really want to wait another 3 days to get an appointment that will be another 5 days after that

Hi Iang87

It's standard procedure that the appointment for broadband can take a couple of days to generate after line installation - I'm fully aware of the delays incurred so far and I apologise for this. As soon as there is an appointment we will let you know.

Thanks
    Al

I'll just cancel my order then if theres no timeframe on this. Honestly I'm just fed up of this now

I'll just cancel my order then if theres no timeframe on this. Honestly I'm just fed up of this now
    Hi Iang87

I can understand your feelings on this. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to give you an appointment date at present but we hope to have this for you in the next day or two.

Thanks
    Al

and that date will be 5 or 7 days from then.

I am failing to see how when you knew there was a technician coming last wednesday how i then have to wait another week just to get the date

and that date will be 5 or 7 days from then.

I am failing to see how when you knew there was a technician coming last wednesday how i then have to wait another week just to get the date

The broadband appointment will always take a couple of days to generate for every efibre order that requires a line installation first. You will be given the date this week and I can assure you we will do all we can to speed this up for you Ian.

Thanks
    Al

I understand your point but can you understand this flawed logic.

If I cancel right now and walk into an eircom shop and re-order I can get an appointment date sooner than what you can offer me despite having already ordered March 19th.

There is a fundamental flaw in how you do things that I think I might go that route just to get this process over with. Although as it happens I think I'll go with sky altogether because I've had my fill of this

• Advertisement

I understand your point but can you understand this flawed logic.

If I cancel right now and walk into an eircom shop and re-order I can get an appointment date sooner than what you can offer me despite having already ordered March 19th.

There is a fundamental flaw in how you do things that I think I might go that route just to get this process over with. Although as it happens I think I'll go with sky altogether because I've had my fill of this
    Hi Iang87

If you cancelled now the engineer would need to call out to reactivate the phone line again (10 working days) and once this is done this would bring you the position we are now in waiting for the broadband appointment.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement