Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

how come day one when i ordered someone came within 5 working days then

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Hi Iang87

If you cancelled now the engineer would need to call out to reactivate the phone line again (10 working days) and once this is done this would bring you the position we are now in waiting for the broadband appointment.

Thanks
    Al

But he would not have to deal with eircom.

He has come to this decision based on the Disgraceful Service he has received from eircom (His words not mine) that he does not want to deal with eircom and would rather go to a different company.

If eircom wanted to keep him as a customer they should have resolved his issue earlier. I would honour his decision and stop trying to make it look like its only going be 10 days when its going to be ANOTHER 10 days. (Which is outrageous in itself but one thing at a time.) You have lost this person as a customer as your engineer team failed to keep to their end of the contract you agreed with him. He's been kept waiting for eircom to do what they promised. To get away from you I would recommended he hold on for those last 10 days.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Ravenid, once again you are being neither helpful nor informative here. Stop telling reps how to do their job and please refrain from posting unless it is helpful or informative. Official warning issued for ignoring Mod instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

I have to be honest Niamh, he wasn't out of line and they well deserve a good bashing, they should have been thrown off boards long ago for disgraceful service, reps using other reps accounts etc

I didnt think he was saying anything particularly wrong. Today is the day anyway that I should get my date for installation. I'll give it till 11 o clock and if I hear nothing I'm going to ring and cancel and order with sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Retrovin

Iang87 wrote: »
    I didnt think he was saying anything particularly wrong. Today is the day anyway that I should get my date for installation. I'll give it till 11 o clock and if I hear nothing I'm going to ring and cancel and order with sky

My humble advice is do it. Safe yourself the hassle and chasing up and phone calls. I've just been informed this morning that my direct debits hadn't been paid since

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Retrovin

Retrovin wrote: »
    My humble advice is do it. Safe yourself the hassle and chasing up and phone calls. I've just been informed this morning that my direct debits hadn't been paid since

Last december due to a fault on the system and late fees have also been building up on the total amount......Which they WILL BE REMOVING. Life is too short this craic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Iang87

I had genuinely hoped to be able to offer you an appointment today but unfortunately this is just not available yet, I am actively chasing this up and doing everything possible to be able to offer you an appointment as soon as possible.

Al

I rang a few minutes ago to get the house numebr I got it and am waiting to hear back from Sky. I will be moving forward with Sky today when they get back to me.

I reckon March 19th - May 28th was enough time to get broadband set up, I was wrong so I'll see how quick sky can do it. The manner eircom have treated me during this is nothing short of disgraceful an endless supply of 5 working days and 10 working day replies to be honest is a joke. Last weeks one was the most frustrating how the line is installed and then I've to wait another 5 days like i've to go to the back of some sort of queue to get set up despite having waited 10 weeks or 50 working days as that appears to be the measure of time these days

I rang a few minutes ago to get the house numebr I got it and am waiting to hear back from Sky. I will be moving forward with Sky today when they get back to me.

I reckon March 19th - May 28th was enough time to get broadband set up, I was wrong so I'll see how quick sky can do it. The manner eircom have treated me during this is nothing short of disgraceful an endless supply of 5 working days and 10 working day replies to be honest is a joke. Last weeks one was the most frustrating how the line is installed and then I've to wait another 5 days like i've to go to the back of some sort of queue to get set up despite having waited 10 weeks or 50 working days as that appears to be the measure of time these days

Hi Iang87

I understand your feelings on this and I do apologise for the delays and inconvenience caused. If you wish to cancel you will need to cancel the cancellations team on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

I assume there is no cancellation charge or anything of the sort on this as I never received the service

I assume there is no cancellation charge or anything of the sort on this as I never received the service

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Iang87

You have a working phone line installed and there is a 12 month contract period for all lines installed by eircom.

I understand you wish to move to another provider but doing so would incur a early contract cease charge, I'm unaware of how much this is and the cancellations team will need to confirm his with you.

Alan[/font]

Haha

Ya does that contract include a working Broadband line and a functioning service. That would make my contract void, granted i'm no legal expert but I doubt my contract is active.

Its the equivalent of saying I'll give you 35 a month for apples after you install an apple tree in my garden next week. Two months later theres still no tree but you want money for apples.

Surely you see the humour in your ridiculous suggestion

Haha

Ya does that contract include a working Broadband line and a functioning service. That would make my contract void, granted i'm no legal expert but I doubt my contract is active.

Its the equivalent of saying I'll give you 35 a month for apples after you install an apple tree in my garden next week. Two months later theres still no tree but you want money for apples.

Surely you see the humour in your ridiculous suggestion

Hi Iang87

This is not my suggestion nor am I attempting to be humorous. I have been actively chasing this issues up for you for the past couple of days and doing all I can to keep you updated on the progress.

In relation to the contract and early cancellation fees, I am advising you on in relation to the terms and conditions surrounding the installation of a telephone line. I can appreciate where you are coming from that you signed up to both a line and broadband however there is a contract for a line also and the current terms and conditions of the all provisions of telephone lines specifically state a contract applies for the line as broadband can never be guaranteed. Should you wish to challenge this you will need to contact eircom cancellation team.

Al

Broadband can never be guaranteed. Fascinating that you leave that out day one. Why doesnt that go on your signs when you're advertising

I understand you're chasing this for a few days but i'm chasing ye since early april so I apologise if I come across annoyed/angry but its definitely intended.

I waited 9 weeks for a guy to come to my house to install a line. It took him 15 minutes. 9 Weeks of waiting for an appointment for 15 minutes. Day one when those guys came to install they said it would take roughly 30 - 40 minutes to do.

So now here I am week 10 and i've gotten 15 minutes of work from one guy and cant get 30-40 from another set. That means in 10 weeks (50 working days), thats 400 working hours, you couldnt get me in for one of those hours. So pardon me for inconveniencing you with wanting to get an installation

Broadband can never be guaranteed. Fascinating that you leave that out day one. Why doesnt that go on your signs when you're advertising

I understand you're chasing this for a few days but i'm chasing ye since early april so I apologise if I come across annoyed/angry but its definitely intended.

I waited 9 weeks for a guy to come to my house to install a line. It took him 15 minutes. 9 Weeks of waiting for an appointment for 15 minutes. Day one when those guys came to install they said it would take roughly 30 - 40 minutes to do.

So now here I am week 10 and i've gotten 15 minutes of work from one guy and cant get 30-40 from another set. That means in 10 weeks (50 working days), thats 400 working hours, you couldnt get me in for one of those hours. So pardon me for inconveniencing you with wanting to get an installation

Following up on this for you is of no inconvenience to myself at all Ian.
    I'm answering the questions you are asking me and am happy to do so albeit I do wish I could offer better answers.

I fully understand your feelings on the delays and again I genuinely apologise for this however I can only work with and convey the information given to me.

Al

I'm still failing to understand the constant lack of information coming from eircom. How can you always be so unaware as to what stage a process is at

I'm still failing to understand the constant lack of information coming from eircom. How can you always be so unaware as to what stage a process is at

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    Hi Iang87

The current stage this is at is that it's awaiting a broadband installation appointment. There is nothing further I can advise on this until an appointment is set and as soon as it is I'll let you know right away. If indeed you still want to cancel please contact cancellations on free phone 1901.

Al
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

and once this appontment is set, will it be another 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Wow who makes these laws. So you've to wait a year before you can freely switch to another provider because you have a phone line installed.

What happens if it takes 6 more months to get broadband installed. Is that a seperate contract fulfilled and does it reset you to another year from then to wait to switch provider or is it all part of the 1 contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Ravenid, once again you are being neither helpful nor informative here. Stop telling reps how to do their job and please refrain from posting unless it is helpful or informative. Official warning issued for ignoring Mod instruction.
    I understand Niamh.

If eircom have a problem with people posting their experiences and advice on the eircom boards which make eircom look bad they need to force a Mod to give out warnings when at no point did I tell the eircom rep how to do their job that's fine.

Iang87 my ADVICE to you is to visit the ComReg website or to you any of the below as forms of contact as eircom a in breach of their contract to supply you with working service within the timeframe they set:

Text - Send a text with the word COMREG to 51500 (standard SMS rates apply*).
    Web Chat - Live support web chat (Latest version of Java required)
    Email - Business Issues businessconsumers@comreg.ie
    All other Consumers issues consumerline@comreg.ie

Call Business Issues at 01 804 9707 / 1890 200035**
    All other Consumers issues 01 804 9668 / 1890 229668**
    - See more at: http://www.comreg.ie/contact_us/comreg_contact_details.141.contact.html#sthash.sVfrfAlu.dpuf

I hope it is as helpful to you as it was to me when I received this info. (I'd take the details down fast the post I got the details from was removed last time...)

Al - Once this appointment is set up lets say today. Will I then have to wait another 5-10 to do this or how will this work.

Ravenid- Thats some great info and I will call eircom soon to find out the cancellation process and if they in fact plan on charging me should I cancel I will then relay that information to comreg to see if what they're saying is right. From what i've heard most of these companies are afraid of comreg for the most part so we will see what happens

Al - Once this appointment is set up lets say today. Will I then have to wait another 5-10 to do this or how will this work.

Ravenid- Thats some great info and I will call eircom soon to find out the cancellation process and if they in fact plan on charging me should I cancel I will then relay that information to comreg to see if what they're saying is right. From what i've heard most of these companies are afraid of comreg for the most part so we will see what happens

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Once the appointment is set it will be within 5 days however I can  assure you I wull do all I can to have this expedited.

Al[/font]

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Ravenid wrote: »
    I understand Niamh.

If eircom have a problem with people posting their experiences and advice on the eircom boards which make eircom look bad they need to force a Mod to give out warnings when at no point did I tell the eircom rep how to do their job that's fine.

Iang87 my ADVICE to you is to visit the ComReg website or to you any of the below as forms of contact as eircom a in breach of their contract to supply you with working service within the timeframe they set:

Text - Send a text with the word COMREG to 51500 (standard SMS rates apply*).
    Web Chat - Live support web chat (Latest version of Java required)
    Email - Business Issues businessconsumers@comreg.ie
    All other Consumers issues consumerline@comreg.ie

Call Business Issues at 01 804 9707 / 1890 200035**
    All other Consumers issues 01 804 9668 / 1890 229668**
    - See more at: http://www.comreg.ie/contact_us/comreg_contact_details.141.contact.html#sthash.sVfrfAlu.dpuf

I hope it is as helpful to you as it was to me when I received this info. (I'd take the details down fast the post I got the details from was removed last time...)
    Experience and advice is one thing Ravenid, telling the reps how another customer feels and how the reps should deal with his issue is entirely another. It smacks of trolling in order to express your annoyance using another person's issue as your cause. It will not be tolerated in this or any other thread.

Discussion of Mod actions on thread is not allowed. No more off-topic posts please - that goes for everyone. Thanks.

Al I suppose you guys win i rang your cancellation department and 10 weeks after the start I have cancelled as the girl told me it would be Friday at 5.30 by the time the system could generate an appointment and another 5-7 days once thats generated to someone coming out. Its laughable how that company is ran.

When I needed a phoneline technician ye sent out 3 broadband technicians and when I need a broadband technician ye cant send out any.

Honest to christ I've never been bounced from one department to the next the way your company have with me the past 10 weeks. I will never ever suggest any person joing this company and for the forseeable future I will tell everyone just how your company took care of this order. The truly disappointing thing is that this thread will disappear from here in a day or two. I genuinely feel that this should be stickied just to show people what they are getting themselves into.

A disgraceful company and the vast majority of the time no person could answer any of my queries or let me know what stage my order was at. Continue like this and Eircom will be gone very soon as people just wont tolerate it, particularly now that Sky also offer a fiber option.

Al I suppose you guys win i rang your cancellation department and 10 weeks after the start I have cancelled as the girl told me it would be Friday at 5.30 by the time the system could generate an appointment and another 5-7 days once thats generated to someone coming out. Its laughable how that company is ran.

When I needed a phoneline technician ye sent out 3 broadband technicians and when I need a broadband technician ye cant send out any.

Honest to christ I've never been bounced from one department to the next the way your company have with me the past 10 weeks. I will never ever suggest any person joing this company and for the forseeable future I will tell everyone just how your company took care of this order. The truly disappointing thing is that this thread will disappear from here in a day or two. I genuinely feel that this should be stickied just to show people what they are getting themselves into.

A disgraceful company and the vast majority of the time no person could answer any of my queries or let me know what stage my order was at. Continue like this and Eircom will be gone very soon as people just wont tolerate it, particularly now that Sky also offer a fiber option.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Iang87

I'm very sorry to hear you have cancelled and of course I would like to apologise for the delays and inconvenience this has caused you.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I have been following up on this for you for the past few days and I have previously advised in my latest above post I had planned on doing all I can to have this expedited this for you considering the issues so far - however it's ultimately your decision to take the necessary action you feel is best for you.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

I should inform you I will in fact be getting in contact with Comreg and I will be telling them exactly how this process played out from start to finish. I will also be sending a mail to your complaints department, I'd be fairly confident that both these mails will fall on deaf ears however it has to be highlighted how over a period of 10 weeks almost no person could either tell me the status of my order or what needed to be done. If your complaints department are worth anything they will at least know that most departments dont have a clue what the others are up to.

It is truly fascinating that 10 weeks has gone by and you are just willing to lose a customer because (and this was my final straw with the girl in cancellations) "the system wont generate an appointment". Its not my place but i'll tell you what I'd have done, its what we're trained to do in my work, we call it do everything you possibly can. Could you have not rang a technician and said I have this guy here he's been waiting 10 weeks and we have fobbed him off long enough could you possibly just whip in and get it done, it will only take 45 minutes. Imagine that a 30 second phonecall might have kept a customer.

Who am I to say though. Ye clearly have better ways of doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Hi Iang87

You have a working phone line installed and there is a 12 month contract period for all lines installed by eircom.

I understand you wish to move to another provider but doing so would incur a early contract cease charge, I'm unaware of how much this is and the cancellations team will need to confirm his with you.

Alan
    That is absolutely outrageous.

After cancelling this yesterday I had no choice but to reverse the cancellation process because no other provider can take control of this for at least another 8 weeks because it hasnt fully been set up yet. It all starts to make sense now. Eircom must know this is the case so why rush or speed up the process

• Advertisement

Hi Should I be getting an apppointment date today. I am aware that cancelling may have set me back I am just wondering

Advertisement