Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hi Should I be getting an apppointment date today. I am aware that cancelling may have set me back I am just wondering

Hi Iang87

I will need to look in to this for more information. It might not be possible to cancel the cancellation request as this is already in action. If this is not possible the order might have to be placed again.

If the order needs to be placed again it can take up to 10 for technician to activate the line and further 5 days for broadband appointment.

I will try to have the cancellation request prevented and let you know how this goes.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

The girl on teh phone the other day said she cancelled the cancellation in effect already

The girl on teh phone the other day said she cancelled the cancellation in effect already

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Iang87

I've managed to get assurances that your account will not be ceased. I'm not fully aware how much of a delay this cancellation request will create (if any) however the position is back to waiting for the broadband appointment which I will follow up on.

I'll keep you update with any further information as it comes.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

that looks unlikely like it will be today I take it

Outrageous.

Truly outrageous. Im counting the days until my own contract expires to cancel it. Keep following up your complaints Iang87. I wonder have eircom a facebook/twitter page where you could highlight this clusterfúck....

• Advertisement

I heard nothing friday as I pretty much expected. Thats the second time i've been told by someone working there that they would ring me and they just didnt bother

I heard nothing friday as I pretty much expected. Thats the second time i've been told by someone working there that they would ring me and they just didnt bother

Hi Iang87

I'm very sorry for the delays and I fully appreciate the impact this can have. Requesting cancellation of this order has affected the appointment allocation. I will follow this up and get back as soon as I have further information.

Al

so realistically this wont be done this week

so realistically this wont be done this week
    I'm sorry Iang87, I cannot see or be sure on how much of a delay this will cause but I'll try to let you know as soon as possible

Al

Anything? No

• Advertisement

Any appointment time coming this week. We are almosta  week on from when I was told i'd be contacted

Seriously you're just going to ignore me. Although you're doing great work getting me back down the list on to page two of the forum

Seriously you're just going to ignore me. Although you're doing great work getting me back down the list on to page two of the forum

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Iang87

I can understand your feelings on the delays and I apologise for this. The initail cancellation request and then the latter cancellation of this cancellation request has delayed the process and the phone call you had been advised of has not happened due to this. As soon as I have more news on the broadband appointment I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

I dont quite understand how a 3 hour cancellation request can cost a week if i'm being honest.

I was told at half 5 last wednesday when I canelled the request it would be ok because it was stopped mid process and that the girl woul still get in contact in with me Friday at 5.30.

Common courtesy whether it be a phone call with an appointment or an explanation as to what has gone on would surely be the order of the day given my obvious frustration at being thrown around for 10 weeks at the time, 11 now. Yet again this wasnt the case.

Any eircom person I have spoken to has apologised for the delay and say they understand my frustrations, I can guarantee you have absolutely no clue about either otherwise you would get this issue sorted. I mean 11 weeks and you still haven't gotten this done. The data on my mobile phone has cost more than my broadband bill would have because I simply need internet at home for work etc, do you think I'll be remimbursed for that. I highly doubt it but what will  get, i'll get an apology and I understand your frustration.

Honestly dont use that line again on people or well just dont use it on me, you're peddling it because you're being thought it by some clown who never dealt with people but trains customer service reps because he/she went to college and they've a degree that tells them they know how to deal with people when they simply havent a clue.

I dont want apologies, I dont want understandings, I dont want reimbursement for having to pay for my own data on my phone. I want what I signed up for I want what you sold to me and told me would take 1 week maybe 2 weeks to do. Thats all. It honestly cannot be that difficult to get me an appointment.

I dont quite understand how a 3 hour cancellation request can cost a week if i'm being honest.

I was told at half 5 last wednesday when I canelled the request it would be ok because it was stopped mid process and that the girl woul still get in contact in with me Friday at 5.30.

Common courtesy whether it be a phone call with an appointment or an explanation as to what has gone on would surely be the order of the day given my obvious frustration at being thrown around for 10 weeks at the time, 11 now. Yet again this wasnt the case.

Any eircom person I have spoken to has apologised for the delay and say they understand my frustrations, I can guarantee you have absolutely no clue about either otherwise you would get this issue sorted. I mean 11 weeks and you still haven't gotten this done. The data on my mobile phone has cost more than my broadband bill would have because I simply need internet at home for work etc, do you think I'll be remimbursed for that. I highly doubt it but what will get, i'll get an apology and I understand your frustration.

Honestly dont use that line again on people or well just dont use it on me, you're peddling it because you're being thought it by some clown who never dealt with people but trains customer service reps because he/she went to college and they've a degree that tells them they know how to deal with people when they simply havent a clue.

I dont want apologies, I dont want understandings, I dont want reimbursement for having to pay for my own data on my phone. I want what I signed up for I want what you sold to me and told me would take 1 week maybe 2 weeks to do. Thats all. It honestly cannot be that difficult to get me an appointment.
    As soon as I have more information I will let you know Ian,

At present I do not have the answers you require - I genuinely wish I had. I can assure you I will keep following this up.

Al

Honestly how can no one consistently not have an answer.

I just rang again and the girl said a case was sent off at 5 o clock yesterday. Now tell me why was it sent off yesterday 2 weeks after the guy set up the line

Honestly how can no one consistently not have an answer.

I just rang again and the girl said a case was sent off at 5 o clock yesterday. Now tell me why was it sent off yesterday 2 weeks after the guy set up the line

Hi Iang87

Contacting multiple departments will create confusion with this, I will be unable to offer the reasons for the latest information you were given on this but I can assure you this has been escalated upon completion of the cancellation request – Thursday -much earlier yesterday, in fact in each call made an escalation will be automatically performed. I have advised you on multiple occasions today that as soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Al

Ya maybe if you chased up as often as I'm chasing up something might get done. Don't even try to thinly veil that me contacting you may slow the process down., you've had 11 weeks and showed just how useless ye are in relation to getting this up and running.

Can you answer why when I asked to be out through to this escalation department that are dealing with this now I was told that they don't have a phone number. In 2014 an escalation department of a telecommunications company don't have a phone number. It's honestly the funniest thing I've heard in 11 weeks, thanks for that. Now at least you are adding humour to the frustration that you are causing.

So once again why can no person tell me what the hold up is and when will this be rectified. It's really that simple

Anything coming today. I've been told to expect a call however I've been told that multiple times and none came so just for fun how about a call

Anything coming today. I've been told to expect a call however I've been told that multiple times and none came so just for fun how about a call
    Hi Iang87

I have not advised you that you will receive a call today however I will keep following this up and hopefully have an appointment date for you soon.

Al

• Advertisement

I have been told by another member that there will be a call today. Do ye not work in the same company no? I established that this "escalations" department doesnt have a phone which honestly makes me doubt that it exists.

I'm failing to understand how all these people take notes on calls etc yet there is constant confusion.

I'll make it simple. Ring KN solutions and tell them that this phone line is set up can you get someone out to him because its beenm going on 11 weeks. Explain why that isnt an option

Today =09/06/2014

Text message received at 9.00 AM this morning the 09/06/2014 from Eircom......

"Your installation has been arranged for the afternoon of 28th of May. Should you wish to rechedule, call 1800580500 before 4pm today. Thank you, eircom."

Are ye sending out a technician to set me up with a time machine or do I go and get my own technician for that

I'll hardly hear from ye today will I

I will be gone from tomorrow until 18/06. Should and I say this very loosely should there be an appointment available in time that time will you put it in for the 19/06 anytime as I will be at home all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Today =09/06/2014

Text message received at 9.00 AM this morning the 09/06/2014 from Eircom......

"Your installation has been arranged for the afternoon of 28th of May. Should you wish to rechedule, call 1800580500 before 4pm today. Thank you, eircom."

Are ye sending out a technician to set me up with a time machine or do I go and get my own technician for that
    I feel your pain. I got one last week telling me the problem with my Fibre was resolved, only problem is, they haven't managed to install the line yet!

its unreal how disjointed that whole setup appears to be.

They arent a new poxy setup these guys have been doing this for years. It cant always have been this poor

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

They arent a new poxy setup these guys have been doing this for years. It cant always have been this poor

In the early 1980s my parents moved house. My father was told it would take months, maybe a year to get a phone line by the then P&T. To move up the list, he got his boss to tell them he needed a phone line for emergency contact for work. That got him the line in six weeks. So no, not a lot has changed. Problem is engineers are in charge of management. It should be the other way around.

In the early 1980s my parents moved house. My father was told it would take months, maybe a year to get a phone line by the then P&T. To move up the list, he got his boss to tell them he needed a phone line for emergency contact for work. That got him the line in six weeks.  So no, not a lot has changed. Problem is engineers are in charge of management. It should be the other way around.
    Hi WicklowTiger

I'm still awaiting more information but I can assure you I am actively chasing this up for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

This thread should be stickied on the main page of boards. It's bewildering how badly organised that company seems to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

My God, here I was thinking they only treated ex-customers with disdain. Quite clearly, there seems to be a culture within Eircom in which customers are simply fobbed off with lies. The remnants of the culture from a state-owned monopoly still exist. But as the default of their bond obligation shows, the company will sink once competition increases....

Advertisement