Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Jesus. Was considering switching from Vodafone over to eircom as the website says e fibre is available to me.

After reading this I think I'll give it a miss.
    Might give sky a shout. They can't be as bad surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

Hey @Horse1920... you know you haven't got the wifi turned on your phone in that screenshot there? 
    Ya Paul.. Probably people think that it's the mobile broadband that was speed test on but I'll attach the results page, it's now got better, up to 2.6mbs but after 11 at night forget about it .. terrible. Alan from Eircom who's on here is trying to get it changed at the exchange for me from Dsl to next gen broadband..but has given me the bad news that won't see fiber this year from what he can see... Now if he can ascertain that from my phone # and account.. Why I wonder couldn't my rep find that out? I'd actually be happy with 2.5 to 3mbs now.. And the one thing that is missing is just a small bit of honesty from Eircom at the start.. How about just telling us how it is from the beginning? The lines belong to Eircom.. They should know immediately what's attainable or not. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

Attached speed results

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Hi there,

My connection has been down for the past 2 weeks and I live in South Dublin. Is this a common problem at the moment? Is there any youtube videos on how to check what could be wrong? I don't know if it's Eircom or if my wifi security needs to be improved. Th only way I can get online is using a wired connection. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Cancel your order, surely you're not going to proceed with Eircom.

I've no choice but to proceed with them they are the only company available to me and I'd hazard a guess they know this and thats why they're treating me like this.

To the poster above who is going to give them a miss honestly do. They are by far the most unprofessional clueless shower I have ever come across. They dont reply to queries and when you ring them up they fob you off to different departments before your told that they'll get back to you and they never do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Nappy
    If you PM me with your landline number we can run tests on this for you and advise. If there is an issue there we can send to tech support to get this resolved.
    Tony

Iang87 wrote: »
    Cancel your order, surely you're not going to proceed with Eircom.

I've no choice but to proceed with them they are the only company available to me and I'd hazard a guess they know this and thats why they're treating me like this.

To the poster above who is going to give them a miss honestly do. They are by far the most unprofessional clueless shower I have ever come across. They dont reply to queries and when you ring them up they fob you off to different departments before your told that they'll get back to you and they never do.
    Hi Ian
    Thanks for taking my call. I am awaiting news on your case and hope to be able to speed up the provision of your line up. The tech does have to build a path to home but this should have been done earlier. I have brought this to the attention of our customer experience team also to highlight the issue.
    I hope we can get this resolved quickly.
    Tony

Is there any update on this. I havent heard anything since tuesday and assuming i wont hear anything monday that'll be another week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Is there any update on this. I havent heard anything since tuesday and assuming i wont hear anything monday that'll be another week
    Hi Iang87

I'll chase this up with Tony & Colm and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks
    Al

Hi lads,

still havent heard nothing and despite a few phone calls it looks like I have to wait the 10 working days again for ye to get this resolved even though I was told its  a relatively quick fix.

Its gone completely out of hand now altogether, does anyone there have a clue what is supposed to be happening even

• Advertisement

Any update at all no.

Its gone beyond a joke. My mobile bill is more than what the broadband bill would be because I need internet, its a disgrace ye are even costing me money now

cool another day goes past with absolutely no contact or update or nothing. I was told almost two weeks ago this wasnt a tricky job and would be done relatively quick. I actually shudder to think what would happen if it was a tough job. Thankfully I convinced two people who were contemplating eircom today to go to UPC instead

cool another day goes past with absolutely no contact or update or nothing. I was told almost two weeks ago this wasnt a tricky job and would be done relatively quick. I actually shudder to think what would happen if it was a tough job. Thankfully I convinced two people who were contemplating eircom today to go to UPC instead
    Hi Iang87
    I do apologies that we have been unable to provide a completion date. I have asked to be updated on progress and will do so again now. I hope to be back later today.
    Tony

It doesnt make sense, where I work escalation means that an issue is dealt with quickly because managers are now involved whereas clearly escalation with you means the process is starting again.There is nothing to suggest why this isnt the case. I was told day one one (of the third time round) on the phone that it was a quick process and I wouldnt have to wait the 10 working days again. Tomorrow is number 10. Outdone yourselves again.

I tell you what the most frustrating part is once you do your part, whenever you do your part, I will be pawned off to the third party company who do your setups and i'll be forced to wait another week for an appointment date and when I complain I'll be told its eircoms fault and theres nothing they can do.

Honestly you cant have a clue how frustrating it is to be repeatedly talking to a wall and not just feel like but know for a fact you're getting nowhere.

Shocking level of service altogether. If UPC ever get their shít together and offer their service countrywide I reckon you'll be out of business quicker than you set up my broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Retrovin

Oh Eircom. Where did it all go wrong? I wish someone had given me the heads up before I signed a contract. Its been nothing but hassle after hassle. Counting the days till my contract runs out.

Anything lads or we just rolling onto a new week?

Anything lads or we just rolling onto a new week?
    Hi Iang87
    Sorry that I cannot advise on provide forecast. I can confirm that this was requested as priority on Thursday, but we have had no update. I have pushed again for this information but unlikely to have more until Monday.
    Tony

A shiny new week lads any chance of getting my broadband connected this week

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

cancel your contract if your not getting the service you're paying for... its quite simple really... Don't be typical silly Paddy Irishmen and continue paying for muck until your contract expires... there's always someone else. You're well within your rights to cancel if you're not getting a good service... 

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

Horse1920 wrote: »
    Attached speed results
    horse you dont even have a good wifi signal... how do u expect good speeds?

• Advertisement

I dont even have a service for it not to be good. I've been waiting for them to set it up since March.

I dont have an option to go elsewhere either as there is no other provider and they know this. I'd nearly guarantee if I had the option of UPC they'd have been out and have my line setup within two days whereas they know I cant so they keep putting it off.

An issue if I was to guess would be they need to set me up at the cabinet or the line at the pole needs to be replaced and this has the potential to be an expensive fix however when only one customer needs this there is no value in them fixing it so they're trying to make me wait in the hope someone in the area also needs this.

I say this because theres no way on this earth a telecommunications company can be so useless that they're unable to perform a quick fix (their words not mine) for almost 2 months

any hope of an update today

Hi Ian
    nothing yet, I have pushed again this afternoon and am still waiting for provision details I'm afraid. I will try again now.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I ordered the efibre tv and broadband bundle at the start of April, 2 weeks later a chap came out from K&N and was looking for a telephone line (which i told him we never had one) he was there for another hour or so looking for the line (after me telling him we hadnt got one lol) then he went off and came back 3 times within an hour fidgeting about at the underground cables out side then posted a landline number through my letter box and havent heard from them since hahaha absolute cowboy stuff.

I assumed there wouldnt be any update today because I assume that most days I'll hear nothing.

Is there a manager or someone this can be escalated to or a phone number I can ring where I can talk to someone who has a notion whats going on because this is gone beyond a joke at this point
    Hi Ian
    nothing yet, I have pushed again this afternoon and am still waiting for provision details I'm afraid. I will try again now.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I assumed there wouldnt be any update today because I assume that most days I'll hear nothing.

Is there a manager or someone this can be escalated to or a phone number I can ring where I can talk to someone who has a notion whats going on because this is gone beyond a joke at this point

Make a formal complaint to eircom first then you can make a complaint to ComReg who should at least be able to get you some information.

It is laughable that not only are they not giving you any updates but they can't even give other staff within eircom updates, a communications company that seems unable to communicate with anyone.

Do you know how I go about making a formal complaint to Eircom by any chance. I was told to go to Comreg but I'm not sure if there's much they can do right now you know

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

You can register a complaint at ccm@eircom.ie but it probably won't do much good. I made a complaint about a similar issue but didn't even get a response for 3 months - and that was someone from their complaints department ringing to see if the issue had been resolved! There's no harm in going to ComReg - at least eircom will eventually have to respond to them, but in my experience ComReg just get a similar repeated fobbing off without any resolution.

Thanks I'll have look at comreg now and see can I make a complaint about it. At least i'm up to 5 in the people i've convinced not to go to eircom. Makes me proud what can be accomplished when you set your mind to it. Even convinced 2 of those to leave eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Thanks I'll have look at comreg now and see can I make a complaint about it. At least i'm up to 5 in the people i've convinced not to go to eircom. Makes me proud what can be accomplished when you set your mind to it. Even convinced 2 of those to leave eircom
    At least you know what it takes to get a job in eircom,

" I'm very sorry you have had such a problem with (insert from standard template  ---and there are oh so many) I have passed your query to our (again insert department) however I can't tell you which department will deal with it or when they will come back to you or even if they will come back to you but I will pick a date in the future and hope that someone in that department will for once do their job so I won't have to deal with you again

Yours in hope that you will not bother me again
    Eircom customer service"

Advertisement