Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful service

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

My God, here I was thinking they only treated ex-customers with disdain. Quite clearly, there seems to be a culture within Eircom in which customers are simply fobbed off with lies. The remnants of the culture from a state-owned monopoly still exist. But as the default of their bond obligation shows, the company will sink once competition increases

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Any chance of having a date set for when I come back on Thursday from holidays. I mean surely the system generated a date by now

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

I have just left Eircom, gone back to UPC, I would advise anyone thinking of switching to Eircom that, YOU WILL BE SORRY, absolute joke of a company, worst experience imaginable, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Retrovin

1 month till my contract is out. I've been waiting 7 months to get out of it.

so noreply.I left Ireland last tuesday week and in that timeye couldnt get me a date. Absolute Joke

• Advertisement

Ye sent another bill. Are you actually for real

So I had to get in contact with ye again to ensure a bill wasn't taken from my account. I've already warned ye I would go to court if it was but I had to be sure.

I then get transferred to the loyalty department for what I think is the 507th time to be told my order has to be restarted completely and hopefully the system can generate an appointment for me. I was then told that she will ring me back tomorrow to let me know. This is the 4th time I was told this and the previous 3 I've gotten no call. I even joked that I wouldn't be getting the 3rd call on this which makes this all the worse.

She told me the system rejected my order 3 times prior to her entering it this time. Countless times I asked here why there is such an issue to be met with a generic answer taken from a cue card in front of ye. So I'll be more specific. Why was my order rejected 3 times? Can I hazard a guess before you hit me with a non answer. My guess is that 3 times your subcontractor, who is paid per job, came out and couldn't get mine up and running and in one case wasted around an hour effectively working for free. Now I think they won't take my order because they won't risk it. Any chance that's the truth.

Also an interesting side note. In mid April one of your phone people put 50 euro credit on my account for the inconvenience encountered. The two bills you have sent have wiped 43 euro of this and when I asked would I get it back I was told no that's gone. After a minute or two it was put back in but it's incredible that someone though it acceptable that a credit for inconvenience should be used to pay for a service that 3 months later I still don't have. Amazing to say the least.

Also today marks the 3 month anniversary of ordering broadband. Should I expect a card in the post or does that happen after 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

That is utterly unbelievable. How can this not be against the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

It actually is.
    <snip - off-topc>

Keep fighting the good fight Iang87 (Even thought it should never have gone this far...ever.)

<snip - off-topic>

Can I assume that your supervisors etc have told you stop responding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

<snip - off-topic>

:(

so 2 weeks since any of you replied here.

A1 customer service there

I will keep posting whether or not I get a reply to highlight just how utterly useless you have been in getting my order fulfilled.

You billed and charged me for a service I never got yet you wont even reply to simple queries, astounding what companies find acceptable these days

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

This is ridiculous. They are quite obviously ignoring you too. I'd love to see some sort of TV documentary highlighting cases like these and chasing up the company for answers. If it wasn't for them being a former state-owned monopoly, they would be well out of business by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Iang87 wrote: »
    I will keep posting whether or not I get a reply to highlight just how utterly useless you have been in getting my order fulfilled.

You billed and charged me for a service I never got yet you wont even reply to simple queries, astounding what companies find acceptable these days

Touché my friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Iang87

I have escalated this case to the highest level and now await feedback. Your feelings on this experience are fully understandable. As soon as I have more information I will let you know.

Al

Fascinating the lack of information you relay to one another. I got a call friday saying my appointment was set for today as the last one so we'll see if that happens.

Worrying that you didnt know that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Fascinating the lack of information you relay to one another. I got a call friday saying my appointment was set for today as the last one so we'll see if that happens.

Worrying that you didnt know that though
    Hi Iang87,
    thanks for taking my call and let me know if there is any follow up needed once tech has  finished there.
    Tony

almost 3 and a half months after the start it is now over. Yesterday didnt go too smoothly the tech came out without a modem but Tony got on that and had one sent out immediately and we received it this morning. Although we didnt receive one we in fact received 3. One regular modem and 2 e fibre modems...... I only connected the one.

The internet is up and running now with download speeds of 44MB and upload of 15MB I must say i'm delighted with the outcome anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

almost 3 and a half months after the start it is now over. Yesterday didnt go too smoothly the tech came out without a modem but Tony got on that and had one sent out immediately and we received it this morning. Although we didnt receive one we in fact received 3. One regular modem and 2 e fibre modems...... I only connected the one.

The internet is up and running now with download speeds of 44MB and upload of 15MB I must say i'm delighted with the outcome anyway

Hi Iang87

I'm delighted to hear that your efibre broadband is finally up and running - firstly I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the issues & disappointment you have experienced. I would also like to thank you for your patience, I'm aware there are a number of options out there but you decided to stick with it and we can only thank you for this. I'm very surprised to hear you received so many modems - Although we did really push this and really wanted to get this resolved for you.

If you have any queries or issues in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch with us here - but at least if there's a modem problem you have a back up :)

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement