Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the scam?

Options
  • 04-04-2014 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Got this email:

"I would like to place an order, i would be glad if you can refer me to your sales team, and please confirm with me if you accept credit card for payment would their be any surcharge fees included? The shipment would be
    sent to Thailand but you don't need to worry about the postage, i have a personal carrier that would handle that, all you need to do is to get the order ready for collection once it has been paid for.

Kindly get back to me so as to proceed."

I just delete these out of habit. Unfortunately my partner answered the email so I'm trying to remember what the scam is?

Do they overpay by cheque & I have to refund the courier when he arrives or something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Overpay with a fake payment method, getting the product and some cash is a very common one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Overpay by bank draft or through Paypal, ask you to Western Union the overpayment to their 'shipping agent'. Bank or Paypal take all the money back off you leaving you with a hole in your account where the shipping fee was. No come back with Western Union & no one will ever arrive to pick up what you're selling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Got this email:

"I would like to place an order, i would be glad if you can refer me to your sales team, and please confirm with me if you accept credit card for payment would their be any surcharge fees included? The shipment would be
    sent to Thailand but you don't need to worry about the postage, i have a personal carrier that would handle that, all you need to do is to get the order ready for collection once it has been paid for.

Kindly get back to me so as to proceed."

I just delete these out of habit. Unfortunately my partner answered the email so I'm trying to remember what the scam is?

Do they overpay by cheque & I have to refund the courier when he arrives or something like that?

First part of this scam is they send a trojan horse ....in this case "your other half"

She then opens the scam mail and leaves you to fix it. It's the longest running scam in history.

Advertisement