Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Addidas runners

Options
  • 04-04-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Looking for a little help with addidas shoes. Have always used either asics or mizuno runner for the last number of years from everything to training from 10ks to full marathons. Decided to to take a break from the norm towards the end of last year and bought a pair of addidas adizero for speed and tempo runs. Absolutlely love the feel of them and am tempted to try addidas again as i start a marathon program in the next few weeks.

Anyone got any recommendations, I'd want something with a little more cushioning than the adizero for the longer distances?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

121212 wrote: »
    Looking for a little help with addidas shoes. Have always used either asics or mizuno runner for the last number of years from everything to training from 10ks to full marathons. Decided to to take a break from the norm towards the end of last year and bought a pair of addidas adizero for speed and tempo runs. Absolutlely love the feel of them and am tempted to try addidas again as i start a marathon program in the next few weeks.

Anyone got any recommendations, I'd want something with a little more cushioning than the adizero for the longer distances?

I wear Adidas shoes all the time. Adios from 5km to marathon, although up to half is probably best. For more cushioning I've ran up to marathon distance in Adidas Boston and Energy Boost. Will be using Adios Boost in my next marathon, a bit more cushioning than regular Adios.

Some deals on the Adidas.ie site sometimes (backstage) and Amphibian King stock Adidas.

just be careful to research the sizing on adidas runners - can vary and some are really narrow but if you know your size in adios you should be ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

Yeah good point, I'm about 1/2 size more in Adidas.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

wideball wrote: »
    Yeah good point, I'm about 1/2 size more in Adidas.

Just after getting a pair of Energy Boost 2. V comfy. I'd agree with the extra half size with these, as the forefront bit is narrow, but rather than being constricting, I'd call them snug. No slippage, or chafing from them so far. I'm after coming from a pair of Nike Pegasus and haven't noticed any major difference tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

have been wearing adidas boost for a while and find them to be a great trainer. snug fit. i am usually a size 8 but bought size 10 for my last marathon. actually wore size 8.5 for limerick marathon last year and lost 4 toenails in the process. defo buy a bigger shoe than you are normally used to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Going forward the Adidas running range all going Boost so cushioning won't be a problem.
    Id look at the Boston or Tempo(if you need a the medial support)
    Nice light training shoes.

Advertisement