Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the jobs market like for graduates?

Options
  • 04-04-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Short and simple revised version as someone I alluded to in an earlier version of this question, em, wasn't so pleased that I had asked it in public, lol. So, is Cork an ok place for IT careers? While I read there was a skills shortage in Ireland, I wonder if there's a skills shortage in Cork? Would it be that there's a skills shortage for those with experience but not necessarily a skills shortage of graduates? Do folks with MSc's usually start on higher starting salaries than those without MSc's? Just wondering. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Just speaking from my own experience I work in a development company in Cork which has roughly 150 people in it. They take on 5-6 grads every year. Grads with Masters do not start on higher money however I've noticed that most of the grads have masters so I'd say it increases your chance of landing a job. I can't speak for the rest of the city though.

Advertisement