Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google chrome and flash player

Options
  • 04-04-2014 4:54pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

My apologies if this is not the correct forum. Mods, please move if not.

I'm at my wits' end with this problem: every time I'm streaming any content requiring flash player, after a period of time, it crashes.

Now, there is a known issue with Chrome in that there are two plugins competing and causing flash to stop. I have disabled one of them, the internal chrome plugin and this has not solved the problem.

The issue is replicated in Firefox, so I am aware that this might be an issue elsewhere with my machine. I rolled back to a previous videocard driver to no avail.

Running Windows 7 pro (6.1, build 7601, SP1). Chrome v. 33.0.1750.154 m. Firefox v. 28.0. Video: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I had a problem with Flash playback in Firefox (and possibly Chrome also, I can't remember) months ago, and after uninstalling browsers, Flash and numerous other things I could think of, I did a system restore to a time before I had any issues. This fixed it for me, and I haven't had a problem with it since. FYI, a system restore won't delete your data, but you may have to download and install some windows updates again.

Advertisement