Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there - Part 2: Electric Boomaloo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭Raffingora

Pheasant
    Woodcock
    Ptarmigan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

?
    Pheasant
    Woodcock
    ?
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Pheasant second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Pheasant
    Woodcock
    Red Grouse

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I only know the last one cos it sponsors comedy on Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ptarmigan

Edit: it's also the name of the British Army's radio system (or it used to be) /boring fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Hurray, famous Vans!

Night At The Museum
    Precious Time
    Days Like This

Aston Villa
    Croatia
    Southampton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The number of times Xander has worn a tie on the show could probably be counted on the fingers of one hand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Sweet Thing
    Moondance
    Have I Told You Lately

Diagnosis Murder: The Movie! :)

Night at museum
    Mary Poppins

And iI'm out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭Raffingora

Just the obvious ones...

Whenever God Shines His Light (w/Cliff)
    Have I Told You Lately
    Bright Side of the Road

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Van Morrison:

Days like this
    Orangefield
    Whenever God Shines His Light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Night at the Museum

Diagnosis Murder: The Movie! :)

I'd pay to see that, providing there were at least 5 other Van Dyke relatives in it as well.

I'd pay to see that, providing there were at least 5 other Van Dyke relatives in it as well.

I guarantee there will be!

• Advertisement

I did an Anglo there and pulled them out of my arse

:):):):)

Delighted!

Let me know if mine were

Night At The Museum
    Precious Time
    Days Like This

DOUBLE BOOM!!

Whenever God Shines His Light (w/Cliff)
    Have I Told You Lately
    Bright Side of the Road

Boom Boom!
    :)

• Advertisement

See you in December, Roy!

The Van Dykes - 4 lesbians drive across the US in a van to kidnap Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury to force them to make Diagnosis Murder She Wrote The Movie.

"My momma told me, there'll be days like this..."

And none of the 100 remembered that?! :eek: :eek:

I'm off to play Tales from Topographic Oceans!

I can clearly remember one episode of 'Diagnosis Murder' where Dr Sloan visited a family that were ALL played by Dick Van Dyke!! :)

• Advertisement

Who were the teams (arsenal won btw)

The Van Dykes - 4 lesbians drive across the US in a van to kidnap Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury to force them to make Diagnosis Murder She Wrote The Movie.

So who's going to do the Kickstarter for this. I need to see this film. Particularly if the Van Dykes in question are just Barry et al. in drag.

I can clearly remember one episode of 'Diagnosis Murder' where Dr Sloan visited a family that were ALL played by Dick Van Dyke!! :)

First season or second season I'm a big fan! He was a woman in a wedding dress if I recall.

Just to add... how dumb were they to think the question would be about actual vans? How many famous vans are there? The A Team van and The Mystery Wagon from Scooby Doo. That's all I can think of.

First season or second season I'm a big fan! He was a woman in a wedding dress if I recall.

He made no attempt at different voices or mannerisms either...just him in different costumes!

He made no attempt at different voices or mannerisms either...just him in different costumes!

How very dare you, there were definitely subtle nuances in each performance. In fact If I hadn't seen the credits I never would have known they were all him. The man, in fact ALL the Van Dykes are masters of their craft. Jebus Christ, his grandson played about 3 different characters one season, with varying degrees of facial hair, now THATS acting!

Just to add... how dumb were they to think the question would be about actual vans? How many famous vans are there? The A Team van and The Mystery Wagon from Scooby Doo. That's all I can think of.

The Trotters' van? :D:);)

Anyway, I don't mean to go off-topic here, but what a shame that this '70s trip (of sorts) was followed by the quiz show that is perhaps the most frustrating on British television.

In It to Win It has now been going for 12 years - fractionally longer than even the more internationally-acclaimed Weakest Link - and it has done just about everything conceivable.

Several contestants have answered about 10 questions correctly and won nothing; several contestants have answered only one question correctly and won the entire prize fund; several contestants have won the full £100k; and one contestant named Olly Lewin put that amount into the prize fund only to get his final question wrong...

400px-In_it_to_win_it_wrong_choice_for_hundred_grand.jpg

And you just know when there are one or more contestants in the Red Area just before the klaxon sounds that they're going to get their question right, and thus return to Winner's Row and be in with a chance of a share of the prize fund. Even if they don't know, they're still going to pull out the right answer by some means.

And when the contestants on Winner's Row are each asked their final question, you just know that at least one of them is going to get theirs right, and most of the time all of them do. (And again, even if they don't know, the right answer will somehow still come to them.) It's extremely rare that they all get their question wrong, thus sending the prize fund up in smoke - besides the aforementioned Olly Lewin, I've only seen this happen once.

Despite all this and more, the BBC are still happy to recommission the thing. They obviously don't think it's a dead horse... :(

On the other hand, the possibilities on Pointless are virtually endless - thanks to the questions having more than one right answer, the various ways in which they're asked, the various subjects (as opposed to straight general knowledge), the various scores for each right answer, and of course the unlimited jackpot.

So it certainly won't be a dead horse if it's still around for its own 12th anniversary in 2021. :)

And I'll finish by saying that Xander and Richard's moustaches tonight were much nicer than Dale's beard. :D:);)

Hiya!

Hi everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hiya, Hello :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

#TeamIreland

• Advertisement

Hiya, hi everybody, hiya.

I wonder if Ian is related to Dave Spikey