Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there - Part 2: Electric Boomaloo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Apostrophe
    Semicolon
    Exclamation Mark

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Oh, Phil and Daley - talk about talking yourselves out of the point... :o:o:o:o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Salads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

'
    /
    ;
    !

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ah, so THAT'S what they're called!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

My favourite punctuation is the interrobang (?!)

Such a cool word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Here did any of ye see potless?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Crime writers please

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hollow man
    Flat liners
    Tremors

• Advertisement

:pac:

The Woodsman
    Planes, Trains and Automobiles!
    Diner

Sleepers
    Balto !
    Diner

Skeleton Key (or was that johnny depp)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Frost Nixon
    The River Wild

Animal House
    Diner
    JFK

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

The Woodsman
    Mystic River
    Beauty Shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Oh, he was in X-Men, I thought he was confused.

Animal House
    Diner
    JFK

Please sir, may I have another!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I haven't a clue on this round bar a few obvious ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Love tremors going to be their highest score though.

SPOILER! Sort of. :o:);)

Ah they were unlucky

Bacon has gone on record saying he wished he had never starred in Tremors :(

But the Mobile phone ads are ok *rolleyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

The Woodsman
    Diner

Boom!

The Woodsman
    Diner

Boom

The Woodsman
    Diner

BOOM!

Bacon has gone on record saying he wished he had never starred in Tremors :(

But the Mobile phone ads are ok *rolleyes*

He is all sorts of wrong.

Fred Ward? was the man anyway

He's UNCREDITED in Planes, Trains and Automobiles!
    Controversial!
    :)

The Woodsman
    Diner

6 degrees of Kevin Boom!

• Advertisement

Controversial!

I got my boom, I'm happy! :)

Controversial!

Don't tell me that, my blood pressure has only just settled from Rochelle from the Saturdays

I got my boom, I'm happy! :)

Oh, it's grand for us, but I'm surprised Richard said it was a Pointless answer, considering he always specifies that they must have "received an acting credit".

Well, that episode had everything, hadn't it?

Wrong answers, stupid answers, controversial answers, a mispronounced correct answer, 200 Club members, contestants talking themselves out of a point in the head-to-head, three correct answers in the final but their scores actually increasing, a Harry Redknapp lookalike, a bit of blokeyness from Phil and Daley...

...Oh, wait, nobody gave a pointless answer. Almost everything, then. :o:D:D:););)

Can't resist quoting a few tweets from yesterday. :o:o:o

Starting with Lara's, um, performance:
    I wonder whether Lara on #Pointless will think that Nelson Mandela is a member of any of these bands
    Nicole Scherzinger a member of the Saturdays?! Is she for real #pointless
    Jesus f***ing Christ, this Lara bird must be the thickest contestant on #Pointless ever! Today's answer didn't beat the Mandela shout though
    angry at pointless once again. members of the saturdays 'nicole scherzinger'.... f***ing hell a dog could answer that question
    Hands folded across his chest, Martin and his daughter Lara on #Pointless are annoying me. Pompous, wannabe upper class and aloof #bigsigh
    Nicole Scherzinger in The Saturdays? Get your coat, the taxi has arrived :) #pointless
    Why has Lara even bothered entering to go on Pointless? Two terrible terrible answers over her two shows. #pointless
    Lara looks like she would smell of comforting washing detergent and cookies. Shame she is too posh to function though. #Pointless

No-one seemed to notice how much Martin looked like Harry Redknapp, though.

On to Phillip's "Rochelle" answer:
    Some idiotic gay just named a band member of The Saturdays as "Rochelle from-The-Saturdays". That's her actual surname. #Pointless
    Phillip has refused to give Rochelle Wiseman's last name (Wiseman), and his steely glare means Armstrong doesn't request it #Pointless
    @TVsPointless How did he get away with saying Rochelle from the Saturdays without her surname?
    'Rochelle' without her surname shouldn't have been a right answer #pointless
    @richardosman So Rochelle from the Saturdays full name is, Rochelle from the Saturdays. Who'd have known. #pointless
    How far can we push Phillip's tactic? Can I have 'the little one from Take That'? #pointless

One person said "It's Rochelle Humes!", but I'm pretty sure the episode was filmed before she married Marvin.

Now for Phillip's, ahem, other answer:
    Bloke on Pointless just guessed the wreck of Henry VIII ship raised off Portsmouth as The Jolly Roger. This country.
    #pointless contestant identified Henry VIII's sunken ship as The Jolly Roger. @XanderArmstrong & @richardosman look on with absolute disdain
    The same idiotic gay from earlier just said the name of the wreck of Henry VIII's warship was the Jolly Roger. WHAT IS GOING ON? #Pointless
    The Jolly Roger? That's amazing. Just... Wow #pointless
    Jeeezie chreessie - The Jolly Roger??? Some people really are f***ing thick! #pointless
    God help us Pointless has just suggested Cook sailed in the Mary Rose and Henry VIII's flagship was the Jolly Roger. Help!!!
    This guy on Pointless is clueless. Who confuses the Mary Rose with the Jolly Roger? #NoShipSherlock
    The Jolly Roger? Henry VIII ship? Oh dear god. That’s going to be in Private Eye’s Dumb Britain section. #Pointless

And when Naomi mispronounced "Potemkin":
    I've got a feeling if her partner wasn't such a wazzock they'd have given her that. #Potemkin #pointless

Not so many tweets after that, but there was one when Phil and Daley knocked themselves out of the head-to-head:
    They knew ellipsis! They KNEW IT! But they haven't said it, and Scott's yellow-and-pink shirt is staying with us til the end #Pointless

And finally, one that pretty much sums up the whole episode:
    I literally can't type fast enough to get in all the subplots in this episode: the cruise liners, the 2 Phils, the Potemkin steal #Pointless

I bet if yer one had been the last to go in that round they'd have given her Battleship Pokemon. As it was there were 3 to come after her who might have known it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Richard making a cameo on bbc2's snooker coverage with 'potless'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Raffingora

Looks like I missed an eventful programme yesterday. I wasn't going to bother as it was a repeat but I must look it up on the i player later.

Hiya!

Hi everybody!

Oh wow! :)

Hi everybody

*a chorus rings out*

"Hi Doctor Mr.P"

Riiiiiiight.

• Advertisement

Daley dressed almost entirely in denim... a case for Trinny and Susannah, I think. :o:o:D :rolleyes:

Why did they fall out of favour, anyway?

Riiiiiiight.

Say what you see... :o:o:D:D:);)

Laurie
    ?
    Hefner
    Cornwell
    Dennis
    ?
    Gaitskill

"Golden brown, texture like sun,
    Lays me down, with my mind she runs.
    Throughout the night,
    No need to fight,
    Never a frown with golden brown..."

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. :o:o:D:D:):);)

Laurie
    x
    Hefner
    x
    Dennis
    Dallas
    x

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement