Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia question

Options
  • 04-04-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hey

im signed up with EI and have two months left on my latest deal and I was looking to move to Energia but they are looking for €50 to get out of crontract...anything I can do? probably worth my while paying the €50 as I would be getting dual fuel with Energia so saving could outdo the cancel fee !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

gaz wac wrote: »
    Hey

im signed up with EI and have two months left on my latest deal and I was looking to move to Energia but they are looking for €50 to get out of crontract...anything I can do? probably worth my while paying the €50 as I would be getting dual fuel with Energia so saving could outdo the cancel fee !!

€50 saving over 2 months? Unlikely unless you have a grow house :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

2 months ?!!? Energia contract over a year period so... dont get ya?

2 months ?!!? Energia contract over a year period so... dont get ya?

Yes, but why would you pay €50 to get out of the contract. Just wait another two months and switch for free. By the way their standing charges are dearer so I would advise sitting down and recalculating your last few bills using the new rates and charges to see the 'real savings'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't see energia being any cheaper over the length of the contract, looking at the rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mazdaroy wrote: »
    A wee thread for you to ask Energia questions and hopfully the Energia Rep will be along to answer

What rep?

• Advertisement

What rep?

Was thinking the same. I don't think he was expecting us :p

• Company Representative Posts: 43 Verified rep Energia Rep

Hey

We do have the best Dual Fuel deal on the market, but if you want to be sure based on your own usage, you should do a comparison on bonkers or uswitch.

Oh there you are. I suppose an apology is in order :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Whatever you do, do not switch before your contract is up with Electric Ireland. There is very very little difference between providers when comparing the discounted rates. Unless you had an astronomical consumption, the penalty fees for switching early would result in you paying more. Especially when you only have a 2 month period before your current contract ends.

Only switch once per year, at the end of each 12 month term.

Advertisement