Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a Games Console Without Receipt

Options
  • 04-04-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I bought a Nintendo 3DS last October from GameStop. Lately it's been acting buggy, cutting out spontaneously even though it's fully charged. I want to bring it back to the shop but I stupidly didn't keep the receipt.

Is there any way they'll accept this in store? Will a bank statement showing the transaction suffice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Hi there,

I bought a Nintendo 3DS last October from GameStop. Lately it's been acting buggy, cutting out spontaneously even though it's fully charged. I want to bring it back to the shop but I stupidly didn't keep the receipt.

Is there any way they'll accept this in store? Will a bank statement showing the transaction suffice?

Thanks.

Usually for stuff like this you can get the manufacturer to repair the item for you. Maybe check here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-3DS-XL-/Nintendo-3DS-XL--66247.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

A statement from the bank showing you paid by Visa debit or credit card will suffice, op!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bank statement will be fine. Just bring it back to Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Usually for stuff like this you can get the manufacturer to repair the item for you. Maybe check here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-3DS-XL-/Nintendo-3DS-XL--66247.html

Usually it's better to go through the seller (even if it ends up being repaired under warranty) as the seller as legal obligations which often exceed anything in a manufacturer's guarantee. For example, if the defect returned after the warranty expires then you can be in a weaker position trying to get the seller to sort it than if you had let the seller handle the initial defect.

Advertisement