Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car thieves @ Port Beach

Options
  • 04-04-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Good people of Louth...
    Be on your guard if leaving your motor at Port Beach.
    Went there yesterday evening with wife, kids n dogs for a nice stroll.
    Noticed 2 blokes hanging around and my gut instinct told me they looked a bit dodge loitering around.
    Went for our short stroll regardless (always follow your gut!:mad:)
    Came back to the car and neither keyfob worked. Only way to open up car was using key in the door. All other doors/windows seized.
    Managed to get home and spotted they had sawed all the wires on the loom, inside of the drivers door. Apparently this is a new method being used by thieves, some cars if not deadlocked will simply open when snipped.
    Absolute scumbags! the fact they would have seen us with 2 small children was irrelevant. :mad: Good job the car was still there... would have been nicely stranded in the middle of nowhere if not.
    anyway, hope these pricks get what's coming to them. Karma catches up on everyone...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Viscosity1

Checking the car for valuables and scanning the car park for chavs is all part of the visit to Port. Spoke with a Garda stopped at the carpark before and he said they spend a fair bit of time trying to catch whoever is doing it but no luck.

Glad to hear they didnt get anything but sorry to hear they damaged your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This has been a regular feature at Port for several years. Ask anybody who has ever crushed there. It has become a no go area for anglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Yeo. Know at least 5 people this has happened to. Don't know of any that had their car actually stolen, its usually a smashed back windows and contents gone. Absolute scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

I know someone that this happened to this week. They cut through wires in her car door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭fundi

I know someone it happened to there last year, very frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

appleb wrote: »
    I know someone that this happened to this week. They cut through wires in her car door.

Really? in the same place?
    Very frustrating... could cost a small fortune to fix!
    Complete scum of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

kormak wrote: »
    Good people of Louth...
    Be on your guard if leaving your motor at Port Beach.
    Went there yesterday evening with wife, kids n dogs for a nice stroll.
    Noticed 2 blokes hanging around and my gut instinct told me they looked a bit dodge loitering around.
    Went for our short stroll regardless (always follow your gut!:mad:)
    Came back to the car and neither keyfob worked. Only way to open up car was using key in the door. All other doors/windows seized.
    Managed to get home and spotted they had sawed all the wires on the loom, inside of the drivers door. Apparently this is a new method being used by thieves, some cars if not deadlocked will simply open when snipped.
    Absolute scumbags! the fact they would have seen us with 2 small children was irrelevant. :mad: Good job the car was still there... would have been nicely stranded in the middle of nowhere if not.
    anyway, hope these pricks get what's coming to them. Karma catches up on everyone...

any idea what type of car/van they were driving kormak ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

i was out in townley hall a few sundays ago and was about to get out of the van when a clapped out blue focus came in with northern reg plates.

two lads that looked iffy with got out of the car and were a bit surprised to see me n the missus get out of the van. they started looking at the wheel of their motor, jumped back into car n drove down the cul de sac.

i rang the cops to say that i thought they were about to break into the cars, we waited half an hour n no sign of anyone. very dissapointing as the amount of broken glass in the carpark was rediculous- there was only a handful of cars in the place on a sunny sunday.
    they could at least have nailed them for tax, insurance etc n maybe confiscated the oul banger

blingrhino wrote: »
    any idea what type of car/van they were driving kormak ?
    No, afraid not. But if either of them were put in front on me I would recognize them no problem. :mad:

Managed to get a replacement loom put in to our car. Back working but then we realized that the b*stards did the passenger side also!! so now we have all doors/windows/boot opening bar the passenger side. so annoyed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Heard of another car being done at Port beach yesterday, side window put through on it and a handbag taken that was hidden under a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Its bad out there people. Iam a clogherhead local, living abroad now, but the problem has spiked in recent years big time.
    My mothers insurance company refused to insure her unless she stayed away from port beach and the little strand, 5 insurance claims in a year was too much for the company.:( Where does she walk the dogs now??
    Bloody scum blowing around the area from north and south of the area, I have caught one s**t trying to open my van door at port from and he tried to tell me in a thick dub accent he thought it was his mates van. Yeah? goodman :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Happened my niece on Tuesday
    Car didn't open for them

Dark avensis hanging around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

How are they getting access to cut the loom? Perhaps it shouldn't be posted up about cutting looms, it might just show some others who don't know about this technique how to do it and more people will lose out.

I would spend a lengthy time in prison if I caught anyone doing this to my vehicle. If there were a few of them and they looked handy, Id have no problem ramming them with my jeep or wiping them out if they were trying to drive away. Vigilante action should be encouraged always, especially with the lack of funding for the Gardai to attend to these matters.

EDIT: Ah I Googled it, simple enough. Seems to have been happening for about 10 years, so its not a new technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Park up a 'bait car'
    240 v inverter with cables across the looms in both doors should teach them a lesson.

Advertisement