Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT Helmet wanted

Options
  • 04-04-2014 8:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for a TT helmet. I only have the one race this year so I'm not looking to break the bank. It just needs to be in decent enough shape so that it passes muster by the German IM officials.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭loudeac

Location . I have a bell metor pointy lid that is not in use any more . It's got two small slit's on the ear flap bit which never gave me any problem at TI race's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

In Mayo. I'm not being awkward or anything but I've heard the German officials are very anal with the equipment checks. Are the cracks very noticeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

They are - they also have a stall selling aero helmets beside transition when they wont let you in with your helmet!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

IM copenhagen they checked ear flaps for that specifically and turned you away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Rawhead wrote: »
    In Mayo. I'm not being awkward or anything but I've heard the German officials are very anal with the equipment checks. Are the cracks very noticeable?
    Mr Tango wrote: »
    They are - they also have a stall selling aero helmets beside transition when they wont let you in with your helmet!

To be fair everyone knew the score before hand. The integrity of the helmets is compromised. Are they any less safe? No. But they don't meet the rules.

I have a helmet for German races and one for Irish races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

where are you based loudeac..what size is it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Rawhead wrote: »

if you are sure the helmet is in sound condition show them your road helmet when you check in and with race tt helmet.(just use a double sided sticky tape for the registration road helmet -and only in transition- peel of the paper form the number label and stick number on aero helmet (its one thing if helmet is not in good order , but money making if its only the fairing and not the helmet)
    Again, only do this if the helmet is structurally sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Where in Mayo are u based Rawhead, I dont think I'll be racing the weekend of Roth so could lend you mine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

peter kern wrote: »
    if you are sure the helmet is in sound condition show them your road helmet when you check in and with race tt helmet.(just use a double sided sticky tape for the registration road helmet -and only in transition- peel of the paper form the number label and stick number on aero helmet (its one thing if helmet is not in good order , but money making if its only the fairing and not the helmet)
    Again, only do this if the helmet is structurally sound!

And then we wonder why triathletes don't stick to the rules :rolleyes:

"BUT, coach says...."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Akw as i said If they are structurally sound helmet !!!! and the fairing bellow the helmet( ie ear piece) is not part of the helmet structure,

ps AKW you are right so i have to take my earlier statement back DTU helmet rule 5.3.2 states that the shell of a helmet shell cant be damaged. so i have to advise that one needs to cut off the ear fairng if there was a nick in it and then it passes the safty rule.(bizzare but true )
    SO legaly AKw you are right and we are bound by the rules even if they dont make sense.
    I stand corrected .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Green&Red wrote: »
    Where in Mayo are u based Rawhead, I dont think I'll be racing the weekend of Roth so could lend you mine

I'm near Charlestown. Thanks very much for the offer but I'd like to have worn any new helmet a few times before racing in it.
    Thanks again for the offer.

Advertisement