Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

im wondering if the boy made worse decisions the Ned from GOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Probably had a bit to do with the command room listening in on her phone call to her boyfriend who was then shot in the head. It was a fairly dodgy call!

Cant wait for the awkward conversation when Saul and Carrie reunite.

They do that cringy surveillance 'romance' thing so well- similar to when Carrie and Brody were riding with the whole gang listening in. I don't see how it was obvious to everyone there that the chief was to be disregarded and orders were to be taken from a brand new guy (Quinn). At least it should have been the other guy, the spurned would be station chief. But nit picking at the end of the day.

I'd say Farah is going to be pissed when she finds out what happened to Ayaan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

lukin wrote: »
    Every guy who f#### Carrie winds up dead :-)

She better not f**k Quinn :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Carrie is totally unbelievable. One of the worst characters in television.

yerone was a bit casual not to notify people that someone had been obviously looking at the pictures and opened the door

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

JohnK wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I would have thought that if someone like Haqqani has the likes of Saul as a prisoner - doesn't that make it even more important to drop a bomb on them? Haqqani by himself should be a guaranteed bomb drop but when he has a prisoner like Saul I'd have expected them to level the place. Granted Saul isn't the CIA director anymore but he still knows one hell of a lot about current US intelligence operations and operatives around the globe, the kind of information that simply cannot be permitted to fall into the hands of a terrorist.

Have to totally agree with this. His value to Haqqani as a source of information is immense as well as his value as a trophy to be paraded in front of the world. Dropping a bomb on them was the right call. Given the future he had to look forward to i'm sure Saul would probably agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Shane St. wrote: »
    Just watched the last 3 on the spin there. The love scenes felt very unnecessary

I don't know, I don't mind seeing Claire get her kit off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Agreed with the above that wasting Saul and the high value target would be a no-brainer. However, brains and reality left the building when someone as valuable as Saul was left hanging around a Pakistani airport on his lonesome. These guys have private jets that land and take off from unmarked airstrips for solid reasons.

That said, watching Carrie having to take the teenage love story phone call while a room full of hardened hacks listened in was a pleasure.

I though the execution of Aayan was quite gruesome. Showing his head while the bullet entered was a bit much, primetime TV usually doesn't show things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I though the execution of Aayan was quite gruesome. Showing his head while the bullet entered was a bit much, primetime TV usually doesn't show things like that.

AFAIK they are a pay per view channel so can push the language/violence a bit more. Dexter, Shameless etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I thought that was the best part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

brody is back!

brody is back!

They actually had me gong there for a minute too :mad:

Carrie's meltdown was entertaining in a weird kind of way. I wonder will that ISI guy er, "take advantage" of her now because she thinks he is Brody?
    Fair f**** to Lockhart for talking up to the Pakistanis, I am getting to like him. I also liked the cheeky reference that they knew Bin Laden was in that compound all along (as if ;))
    Saul's argument with Haqqani was kind of pointless although Haqqani made a good point about the 9/11 hijackers being Saudi and the US not doing anything to that country. Anyway this isn't the politics forum so I won't get into that.
    Also Tasneem sure is fine; with her and Fara in the series it almost warrants a dedicated "Homeland hotties" thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

WTF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

I only got as far as carries Fargo episode with the tablets.. I couldn't face into her going nuts

I can't take that Pakistani guy from spooks seriously at all, he just doesn't fit in

I only got as far as carries Fargo episode with the tablets.. I couldn't face into her going nuts

I can't take that Pakistani guy from spooks seriously at all, he just doesn't fit in

You need to see who pops up when she's tripping. I actually though we were going to have Jihadi Zombies for a moment or two. Pity - it would be logical for the show to go in that direction at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Even though I know it was best for the series that Brody was gone, when he popped up on screen I really wanted him to be back :pac:

Decent episode overall. The international politics stuff is done very well. Lockhart is someone who should be in it more, he's too nasty to only use every few episodes. I have to say I didn't think I'd be enjoying this series this much.

By the way, anyone else howl with laughter at the monkey screaming at Carrie?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Bit of a mindfúck even watching that lol...

Find it rather weird though.. "Take 10 minutes" - Carrie disappears for hours, nobody bats an eyelid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anybody else think Saul isn't going to see out the season?

Season five has been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Kirby wrote: »

Yep I think the same, Saul wouldn't have a place in a fifth season and I think he will be gone one way or another.

Mandy Patinkin has a reputation as an intelligent actor. I'd imagine he's made his money and will soon exit the car crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He also has a reputation for being a massive grump. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I reckon Haqqani will try and convert Saul into turning against the US of A, so that he becomes another Brody and we get a shocking twist. I'm only half joking by the way.

I don't know what to make of this season. On one hand a lot of what's going on is utterly preposterous. There's just no way that someone with such a fragile mental state as Carrie would make it anywhere near to where she is. And the former CIA Director getting kidknapped so laughably easily. On the other hand I keep watching it week after week...:rolleyes:

What about the ISI lady texting away during the ambassador's meeting? And Lockhart texting someone straight away after it was over? Must be something in that.

I've been pleasantly surprised by this season I must admit (I was all set to hate it). I agree it would be better if Damien Lewis was still in it but it's still very watchable. I know there are ridiculous occurrences in it that would never happen in real life but that's the case with most TV shows. I don't think they can afford to lose any more characters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

He also has a reputation for being a massive grump. :p

And a nice singing voice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Bit of a mindfúck even watching that lol...

Find it rather weird though.. "Take 10 minutes" - Carrie disappears for hours, nobody bats an eyelid.

Lockhart told her to take as long as she liked.................

don't tell me she is going to bonk that guy

Saul was the man there, for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

don't tell me she is going to bonk that guy.

There were a few steamy looks across the table there. I actually think I would stop watching if that came to pass- just too ridiculous IMO. I am at something of a loss as to why he gave her that info, unless he has integrity by the shed load. Hopefully it's that rather than a burning desire for Carrie.

I thought that they humanised her a bit more this episode which is good since she was becoming a bit pantomime witchy! She still managed to fcuk over Saul!

Fantastic ep, the tension when Saul was on the run was something else. I was sure he was going to top himself when he was talking to Carrie on the 'phone. Maybe I missed something but how did ISI find out where Saul was? I am thinking it is because the knew the drone was over that particular village. They could only know that by having someone inside the CIA (drones are invisible from the ground). I know that the ambassadors husband is working for them but he doesn't have access to that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Maybe I missed something but how did ISI find out where Saul was? They could only have know that by having someone inside the CIA. I know that the ambassadors husband is working for them but he doesn't have access to that information.

I thought that was Carrie's point about them only needing to find the US drone and follow that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fantastic episode.

• Advertisement

fiddlechic wrote: »
    I thought that was Carrie's point about them only needing to find the US drone and follow that?

Yes I remember Carrie saying that but how they hell would the Pakistanis do that? The CIA would have to be fairly thick to let the Pakistanis know where their drones were considering they know they are feeding information to the Taliban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I know absolutely nothing about Drones, but are the ones they using somehow visible or something? Remember back in the first episode with Eyal (?spelling) looking up at the drone when he was standing next to members of his family? I didn't think that was coincidence - I thought he could see / hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

mel.b wrote: »
    I know absolutely nothing about Drones, but are the ones they using somehow visible or something? Remember back in the first episode with Eyal (?spelling) looking up at the drone when he was standing next to members of his family? I didn't think that was coincidence - I thought he could see / hear it?

That's what I thought too. But I have minus knowledge about drones!

They could only know that by having someone inside the CIA (drones are invisible from the ground).

you missed where they asked about pakistan air force sorties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I don't know, I don't mind seeing Claire get her kit off.

Personally I think she's cat looking.

Was ready to give up on Homeland (yet again) but the last 2 episodes have reeled me back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

What about the ISI lady texting away during the ambassador's meeting? And Lockhart texting someone straight away after it was over? Must be something in that.

I think Lockhart was texting the president about the aid talks?

Carrie seemed to be giving the ISI one a few looks when she was texting as if she knew she was up to something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

qwabercd wrote: »
    I think Lockhart was texting the president about the aid talks?

Carrie seemed to be giving the ISI one a few looks when she was texting as if she knew she was up to something.

Yeah, that's how she knew that the ISI knew where Saul was, that they still had the upper hand.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pakistani Audrey Tautou was looking even finer in this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Quinn & Khan are so easy on the eye (not sure whether the latter is to be trusted though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Yes I remember Carrie saying that but how they hell would the Pakistanis do that? The CIA would have to be fairly thick to let the Pakistanis know where their drones were considering they know they are feeding information to the Taliban.

But sure they can see the drones. Remember when Haqqani shot the nephew. They knew the drone was overhead. They showed Sauls face to the drone. Drones can be spotted in the sky and probably very easily by those so used to seeing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Pakistani Audrey Tautou was looking even finer in this episode.

I've got a serious crush on her after developing recently. Definitely partly to do with the part she is playing but there is something about her. Nimrat Kaur is her name.

Dave147 wrote: »
    I've got a serious crush on her after developing recently. Definitely partly to do with the part she is playing but there is something about her. Nimrat Kaur is her name.

She's a stunner.I flagged that in post 166 on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

What an episode..

Oh feck its all about to go down

Why do they end episodes like that and leave us hanging for a whole week? Why!!??

This season gets better with each episode. So glad I stuck with it, although it's not doing my blood pressure any favours....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 frankxxxx

Damn that was good

What a performance from Carrie - awesome and hot

• Advertisement
Advertisement