Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

previous tenants owe money

Options
  • 04-04-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I have just moved into a rented property and have rang eircom about getting in broadband and they told me over the phone that the previous tenants had not cancelled there account and that in order to change it over to my name that I needed to send them my tenancy agreement in my name. I emailed the contract a month ago and nobody has contacted me since, I rang again today and the lady on the phone said she would have the lady who I emailed the contract to get in touch with me today but nobody has.

Since the first phone call eircom has sent out a bill to my address in the previous tenants name to which they owe €108. I rang the landlord and he said the previous tenants have returned to Poland and there is no contact for them.

Where do I stand with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

How did you found out the amount owed by prev. Tenants? Hopefully not opening a letter addressed to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

So persistence is key. They promised you twice to do something and they didn't. Call them ask for manager / supervisor. Do not accept a call back. Tell them you would be happy to wait until a manager is happy to speak to you. Then email the manager the details you have sent previously while you are on the phone and get the manager to tell you when they will follow up with you. Get the managers name of course. If they don't or won't help you be persistent. Ask to speak to their manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Get broadband from someone else, sort of obvious that Eircom do not want your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

So persistence is key. They promised you twice to do something and they didn't. Call them ask for manager / supervisor. Do not accept a call back. Tell them you would be happy to wait until a manager is happy to speak to you. Then email the manager the details you have sent previously while you are on the phone and get the manager to tell you when they will follow up with you. Get the managers name of course. If they don't or won't help you be persistent. Ask to speak to their manager.
    Hi Butternutz1
    though it can be tricky situation when previous tenants have left outstanding utility bills of any sort, you obviously should have received a call back as promised. Can you PM me with your landline number and good contact number for your self, and we can chase for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony. Why would I pm you a contact number ??  Might be best trying to reach out to the OP as they have the issue .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

As someone else suggested, go with Sky, Vodafone etc. Whatever bills the previous tenant left are nothing to do with you, it's up to Eircom to collect that money from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Tony. Why would I pm you a contact number ??  Might be best trying to reach out to the OP as they have the issue .
    Hi Butternutz1

Just following up - have you had any progress in resolving this?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Butternutz1

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al / tony
    I really think you guys need to read the first post on this thread. Twice you have ignored the original post who have an issue for the company you work for. Your time would be better spent trying to help someone who actually needs it , rather than replying to someone who was offerring advice to someone. Or is this how eircom works as a company ?????

Hi Butternutz1

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al / tony
    I really think you guys need to read the first post on this thread. Twice you have ignored the original post who have an issue for the company you work for. Your time would be better spent trying to help someone who actually needs it , rather than replying to someone who was offerring advice to someone. Or is this how eircom works as a company ?????
    Hi Butternutz1

I've read through this again and I see that It's obvious that Tony had intended his message for higgypiggy

Tony adressed it to you but should have addresses his message to higgypiggy (and so did I) - apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Al

higgypiggy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have just moved into a rented property and have rang eircom about getting in broadband and they told me over the phone that the previous tenants had not cancelled there account and that in order to change it over to my name that I needed to send them my tenancy agreement in my name. I emailed the contract a month ago and nobody has contacted me since, I rang again today and the lady on the phone said she would have the lady who I emailed the contract to get in touch with me today but nobody has.

Since the first phone call eircom has sent out a bill to my address in the previous tenants name to which they owe €108. I rang the landlord and he said the previous tenants have returned to Poland and there is no contact for them.

Where do I stand with this?
    Hi higgypiggy

Tonys below response to Butternutz1 was intended for you - apologies for this. Do feel free to PM me the landline number in question and contact number for you and I will follow this up.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement