Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing Nissan Micra Rusted Crossmember!

Options
  • 04-04-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Have a 1999 Nissan Micra 1.0L it's been lying up for a while and was thinking of putting it through the NCT. Only problem is the front cross-member is badly rusted and I know it wont pass the NCT. I've priced a cross-member but I was wondering if it is a big job to replace it myself? Has anyone done this before, am I going to be getting a lot of hassle? If anyone could give a step by step process of how to do it and all photos appreciated.

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jj288988

Thanks but I already have seen this thread, I didn't find it particularly useful as there are no specific step by step details about how to replace the crossmember. The photos are pretty good I'd like some details to go with them about what you should be doing at each step especially personal experiences with replacing them. All info appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

jj288988 wrote: »
    Thanks but I already have seen this thread, I didn't find it particularly useful as there are no specific step by step details about how to replace the crossmember. The photos are pretty good I'd like some details to go with them about what you should be doing at each step especially personal experiences with replacing them. All info appreciated

Take off all the bits till you get to the ones in the pics, then put back on unrusty bits till it looks like what you started with again, minus the rust. :) Bolt what was bolted and weld what was welded. It's not hard, just time-consuming. Well, assuming you can weld, that is. And have a welder..

Advertisement