Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seen anyone famous lately?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Saw BOD in Dundum last Friday going into House of Fraser with his hood up, lad is at the peak of his fame and probably just wanted to a do a mothers day shop for his wife so I didn't want to disturb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

errlloyd wrote: »
    Saw BOD in Dundum last Friday going into House of Fraser with his hood up, lad is at the peak of his fame and probably just wanted to a do a mothers day shop for his wife so I didn't want to disturb.

I see Amy at the Bagel Factory all the time. She loves her bagels.

Seen them at the cinema a few times, he stands off to the side 'hiding' and makes her get the tickets and popcorn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

mauzo! wrote: »
    I saw Dale Winton in Dundrum.

:(
    I'd run out of there screaming with one hand covering me bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I'd run out of there screaming with one hand covering me bum.

He was signing autographs outside Tesco. I sh*t you not. He was loving every minute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Met a few people over the past while.

My most famous on being stevie wonder.

Sitting having a beer in new york and random as anything, in walks the wonder boy himself being led by his minder, just to use the toilet.

My jaw dropped. Out he came 5 mins later (prob 5 stone lighter too) and my mate says hiya stevie! His minder was not impressed and pulled him along until wonder says no I want to say hello.

He came over to the two of us, asked us was our accent irish, and explained that he loves it in Ireland.

My friend is a cheeky git, as him for a photo. Sound as a pound he agreed. Now have a lovely photo.

This really is a true story, but just to add a joke.... Bet stevie didnt see it coming! He was very happy to see us!

;)

Im always a bit dubious about shaking hands with a blind man after a sh1te.

Great story though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

My job actually puts me working with "famous" people. These range from famous Irish people to international famous people. The interesting thing to me is that the lower down people, for want of another phrase have been the rudest people I've met.
    I have no interest in the celeb culture, although there are people I'd love to meet.
    Anyway, some Irish people who appear in the paper from time to time have been the most ignorant people I've ever met. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

My job actually puts me working with "famous" people. These range from famous Irish people to international famous people. The interesting thing to me is that the lower down people, for want of another phrase have been the rudest people I've met.
    I have no interest in the celeb culture, although there are people I'd love to meet.
    Anyway, some Irish people who appear in the paper from time to time have been the most ignorant people I've ever met. Go figure.
    I 100% can vouch for that as in my current job I meet famous people and "famous" people every week.

The "famous" people are always the biggest ass wipes going, thinking because they appeared on rte or whatever at some stage for doing a trout pout, that us mere mortals are completely beneath them.

A certain xpose presenter comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Yeah agreed, I work in TV so see a lot of them, but then as a colleague once said to me, the A-listers don't need to be dickheads as they've got ten more layers of people to do their dirty work for them - all they need to do is show up and smile :)

The funny thing is that I've seen karma bite lots of the jumped-up Z listers on the ass too - people stop caring after their three minutes are up and the fact that they've acted like absolute aRsewipes along the way means they have no contacts and no way of wheedling their way back into the spotlight.

Being an aRsehole really is a bad business decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I saw Ellie Goulding a few weeks back, but then again I paid to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

vicwatson wrote: »
    Saw Cameron Diaz on Graham Norton show few mins ago

And she was very irritating. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I met Enda Kenny on Thursday morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. Could have been a great night. Russell was a sound man. Had a disagreement with him and told him go **** himself and he laughed about it in fairness.

Is that you niamh walsh #fearlessjourno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I seen Michael Fassbender on Dame Street yesterday. He looked seriously cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Just saw Dennis Wise arguing about a cancelled flight with some Americans in Heathrow.

• Advertisement

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I seen Michael Fassbender on Dame Street yesterday. He looked seriously cool.
    I saw Dermot from Fair City buying nails in Homebase in Waterford once.
    So fcukin cool he sh1ts ice lollies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Me and some friends met Hector.
    He said "do ye want to stand in for a photo?"
    We said 'Nah, you're alright!'

Advertisement