Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Liverpool. Sunday Apr 6th KO@16:00 SS1.

• 04-04-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Liverpool travel to the Boleyn Ground on Sunday hoping to secure a top four finish.

Big Sam Guardiola's side however, are in the middle of a top 6 style run of games, winning 3 out of their last 6 and former Anfield favourites Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing and Joe Cole will be keen to ensure their run of good form continues.

History however shows that West Ham haven't beaten Liverpool since the 19th century but if you believe what Jose says, they are playing the same style of football this season.

Liverpool are currently on a decent run of form having won 8 games on the trot scoring 34 times. A win on Sunday will surely guarantee Brendan Rodger's side champions league football for next season.

West Ham defender Paul George McCartney is a slight doubt with a hamstring injury, while Liverpool will be without Jose Enrique for the rest of the season and Aguerooo who is out for a week with a case of banitis.

Prediction: Liverpool to win 1-0.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Liverpool travel to the Boleyn Ground on Sunday hoping to secure a top four finish.

A top four finish is in the bag. Liverpool fans are hoping for much more, and have a damn good chance of winning it outright.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Predict Liverpool to win 3-1. Suarez with two and Sturridge with the other.

Much Hendo dancing will ensue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The usual thing - if Liverpool score early it'll probably be comfortable enough in the end 1-3 kind of thing, but if West Ham set their catapult at the right angle from the off it could be tricky.

Sam Alardyces father smelt of elderberries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

gebbel wrote: »
    A top four finish is in the bag. Liverpool fans are hoping for much more, and have a damn good chance of winning it outright.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

:eek:

I'm serious, 8 games won on the trot at the business end of the league. Serious firepower up front. That's how titles are won. I'm not a fan btw just impressed with their run. And don't see it ending in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im slightly worried about this game, but im slightly worried about all games, we should win this though shouldnt we??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just took out a significant loan and placed it on andy caroll anytime goal scorer and west ham victory, absolute banker here folks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

More confident than I should be for this. That worries me.
    Time to see if it's just Man Utd's title chances we tend to ruin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Easy 3-0 win for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm serious, 8 games won on the trot at the business end of the league. Serious firepower up front. That's how titles are won. I'm not a fan btw just impressed with their run. And don't see it ending in this game.

Liverpool are clear underdogs here. As a Liverpool fan, I'll be pleased if we can prevent more than four goals damage to GD which could prove decisive in the three way battle for 7th with Manchester Utd and Southampton.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I swear on my life, without a shred of doubt that West Ham will get a result. There's no question about it. Don't argue otherwise, because you are wrong. I'm a football genius after all. Take everything above to the bank, just lump on it. If hell freezes over and Liverpool win, I'll close my Tok9 and aaronh007 alt accounts.

Will Liverpool set there own Premier League record this weekend for there longest winning streak if they win ?

I know they won 8 games in the league on the bounce back in 06 I,think it was and they have now matched that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I swear on my life, without a shred of doubt that West Ham will get a result. There's no question about it. Don't argue otherwise, because you are wrong. I'm a football genius after all. Take everything above to the bank, just lump on it. If hell freezes over and Liverpool win, I'll close my Tok9 and aaronh007 alt accounts.

I know nothing of this... I'll have to close my BNMC account I guess. Flah, I mean rarnes1 would be proud of this face-switch ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

I'm just being used for Thanks! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

easy lads easy 0-2 or 0-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

They do do that dont they though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lads just throw whatever money you can find on West Ham. I don't care if you have to Ron old ladies or use your communion money, just back the Hammers sure their this weeks big lock!

screen-shot-2011-08-18-at-3-13-40-pm.png

And sure if that's not enough, their the shoes in also.

shoe-in.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

West Ham can be solid when they want to be, and party poopers when they like, too. Carroll and Nolan will probably have stormers, but West Ham away isn't one of my favourite fixtures. Hope we can make it 9 on the bounce, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

former Anfield favourites Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing and Joe Cole

Thats a bit of a stretch.

1-1 with big andy scoring at both ends. Haway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

I'm just happy not to be pooing my pants before matches.

Hat trick for Skittles.

Never has a sunday taken so long to arrive, jesus when you dont want it to come its here in flash:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Will Liverpool set there own Premier League record this weekend for there longest winning streak if they win ?

I know they won 8 games in the league on the bounce back in 06 I,think it was and they have now matched that.

Think that streak was 10 game's in 05-06 and that only matched the record. Anyway think we are making it 14 this year :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Coming away with 3 points would be massive going into the ManCity game. West Ham have won 4 of their last 5 home games. Can see West Ham getting a hard fought point here.

Prediction 2-2

Just can't see past a West Ham result unfortunately

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Lads just throw whatever money you can find on West Ham. I don't care if you have to Ron old ladies or use your communion money, just back the Hammers sure their this weeks big lock!

screen-shot-2011-08-18-at-3-13-40-pm.png

And sure if that's not enough, their the shoes in also.

shoe-in.jpg

If it guarantees a win ill ron the absolute **** out of every old lady I can find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

This has draw written all over it. 2 - 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

LFC are major under-dogs away from home to Big Sam's bruisers, the 8 game WIN run must end somewhere and statistically & logically it must be the Hammers day. 3-1 to the bubble blowers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

If Fat Sam was managing Liverpool, I'd expect them to be 12 points clear by now.

He'll 100% teach Rodgers and Liverpool a tactical master class tomorrow.

3-0 to super SAMs tricky hammers.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    If it guarantees a win ill ron the absolute **** out of every old lady I can find.

No change of pace for you in any case DrumSteve. :D

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No change of pace for you in any case DrumSteve. :D

Takin one for the team.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Takin one for the team.

Your relentless in your desire to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

If Fat Sam was managing Liverpool, I'd expect them to be 12 points clear by now.

He'll 100% teach Rodgers and Liverpool a tactical master class tomorrow.

3-0 to super SAMs tricky hammers.

Big Sam, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Predict another high scoring away performance. 5-2 Liverpool win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

if west ham are not winning by half time ill turn off the tv in disgust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

This thread is up very early :confused:

Anyway, after 8 pretty easy previous games, this should be a test for pool, big sam can tactically outwit Brendan but can he stop SaS is another thing.

Liverpool will probably win but I wouldn't be surprised if west Ham got a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Oranage2 wrote: »
    This thread is up very early :confused:

So?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

So?

Sorry do I know you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Sorry do I know you?

Oh_no_you_didn%27t.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Hello Soccer fans, I don't like that sport at all but as a massive Eastenders fan , I've noticed that many of Walford's finest support the Hams so I've placed a large bet on them winning more goals than the club from Liverpool. Fingers crossed!

mightyreds wrote: »
    Think that streak was 10 game's in 05-06 and that only matched the record. Anyway think we are making it 14 this year :-)

It wouldn't surprise me if you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

More confident than I should be for this. That worries me.
    Time to see if it's just Man Utd's title chances we tend to ruin.

vuwf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

AH it's nice to be back to normal ..

Liverpool away to United ...and their fans are worried.....:D

Could be a tricky game ,,but Liverpool's firepower to see them through..
    1-2 ....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Tomorrow will be the end of our title challenge, I fear. 2-1 West Ham.

Edit: Okay, reading back through this thread I suspect a lot of fans aren't being exactly genuine with their predictions! I am genuinely picking West Ham to win this one :(

Tomorrow will be the end of our title challenge, I fear. 2-1 West Ham.

Edit: Okay, reading back through this thread I suspect a lot of fans aren't being exactly genuine with their predictions! I am genuinely picking West Ham to win this one :(

Hammers are 8/1, get on it

Pressure is back on us now and i dont like that one bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

2-1 home win. The scoucers have to run out of luck eventually.

Vanolder wrote: »
    2-1 home win. The scoucers have to run out of luck eventually.

ce59d486c3cda3dccdb69009d4cf16ec.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement