Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Liverpool. Sunday Apr 6th KO@16:00 SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Thats an absolute ****ing joke.

I hope we hammer these *****.

Pun intended? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Poor decision, ref might even it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

M5 wrote: »
    Pun intended? :D

Mos def.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

What a incredibly frustrating decision by the ref. I think liverpool have to very careful today, that goal will only egg on west ham more. I honestly think carrolls part in this game is not over ... huge 45 mins to come.

Not sure how bringing on lucas for philipe is going to help us win this game. Very very worried about the next 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    **** off Redknapp he did not knock it out of his hand, he tipped his face alright

Biased

That post is as bad as the ref's decision, so fair play on that.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dcully wrote: »
    Your entitled to your opinion im also entitled to call you on how ridiculous it is.
    your deluded man utterly deluded

Let him play his own games in here. No point rising to his bait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

viper006 wrote: »
    What a incredibly frustrating decision by the ref. I think liverpool have to very careful today, that goal will only egg on west ham more. I honestly think carrolls part in this game is not over ... huge 45 mins to come.

Not sure how bringing on lucas for philipe is going to help us win this game. Very very worried about the next 45

Lucas is great at the second ball, its been causing us problems

Control the ball win the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jesus sterling it's a 5 yard pass get it ducking right

• Dcully wrote: »
    your deluded man utterly deluded
    Are you not a moderator? Making presumptions that I am deluded now?
    Carrol jumped for the ball which he is perfectly entitled to do, he tipped his hand of the keepers face when jumping. Mignolet let go of the ball. 90% of the time this would have been a free out because of the keeper getting the benefit of the doubt.
    In this case he didn't and the Ref overruled. That's exactly how I watched it happen and I'm glad the goal stood because the keeper fluffed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Coutinho off early again. He must be one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Bit of a difference tho, you're allowed to punch the ball in gaa so all players are aware that arms and fists are part of the game. As a keeper in soccer, your the only one with rights to use your hands in the box so wouldn't be expecting a box in the face. Especially if they do connect and it goes in it should be disallowed.

Oh yeah, absolutely.

But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a professionally trained player to have enough core strength to withstand what is really pretty low key rough and tumble.

It's not just Mignolet, it's every keeper's default reaction to look for cheap free kicks in that position.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Carrol jumped for the ball which he is perfectly entitled to do, he tipped his hand of the keepers face when jumping. Mignolet let go of the ball. 90% of the time this would have been a free out because of the keeper getting the benefit of the doubt.
    In this case he didn't and the Ref overruled. That's exactly how I watched it happen.

Not a mod of this board, i fail to see what that has to do with my expressing an opinion and challenging yours however :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In this case he didn't and the Ref overruled. That's exactly how I watched it happen.

Okay, you're not deluded or biased or sight impaired, etc. You're just wrong. Happens to the best of us from time to time. We move on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Should have been a free out for our, but I have to laugh a Liverpool fans acting as if they're the only ones to suffer an awful refereeing decision that lead to a goal.
    We were lucky with the goal but off the top of my head we have had 4 awful decisions this season that have led to goals against us. As well as Carroll's red against Swansea. You get some, you don't others. If you're good enough you'll still beat us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

In this case he didn't and the Ref overruled. That's exactly how I watched it happen and I'm glad the goal stood because the keeper fluffed it.

He also pulled Mignolet's arm which is when he dropped the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NBC commentators with huge clue for Carroll/West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Watch some Gaelic football, it happens all the time.

Man up soccer goalkeepers!!

Players are often spear tackled and lifted off their feet in rugby. Doesn't mean it'd be ok in soccer.
    Different sports, different rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

For a big fella Andy falls over easy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

First game in a while i was worried about before the game, im really worried now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why are we hoofing the ball, when West Ham have one of the tallest starting 11..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jaysus where do we find them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sturridge has been septic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Sturridge has been septic

Still expect him to pop up for a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

sh__93 wrote: »
    Players are often spear tackled and lifted off their feet in rugby. Doesn't mean it'd be ok in soccer.
    Different sports, different rules.

It's not OK. In rugby either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It was a foul, not sure how anyone could argue diffently........anyway, LFC need to seriously up their performance

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Should have been a free out for our, but I have to laugh a Liverpool fans acting as if they're the only ones to suffer an awful refereeing decision that lead to a goal.
    We were lucky with the goal but off the top of my head we have had 4 awful decisions this season that have led to goals against us. As well as Carroll's red against Swansea. You get some, you don't others. If you're good enough you'll still beat us.

Sterling offside call vs City when clean through and well on top.
    Eto'o hacking at Suarez which should have resulted in a red card.
    Today.

• Jaysus where do we find them?
    Where do you find who? Not sure what your trying to say here can you explain?
    If you want to make a valid point against my opinion then go ahead but don't insult me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

For a big fella Andy falls over easy

he is getting frees so will continue to fall.

Who said we are the only ones to suffer from ref decisions? We cant have a moan at the ref for getting it wrong? Give it a rest.

• Advertisement

This thread is getting tasty, it's all kicking off!
    (I learned English from Bet365 ads)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

****ing book him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Won the ball, bad call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

efb wrote: »
    This thread is getting tasty, it's all kicking off!
    (I learned English from Bet365 ads)

It's not....despite your best efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Today.

If you're going to do a list, don't forget all the times skretel got away with grabbing defending corners, dives for penalties (like sturridge against united)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Officiating in the Premier League is ****ing scandalous and seems to be getting worse by the season. Poor decisions are ultimately costing teams millions of pounds, silverware, relegation etc and there's nothing being done about it.

The worst thing that ever happened was making the referees professional. They've gotten worse ever since.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's not....despite your best efforts.

I made one comment. Far from my best I'll assure you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

christ this is rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

that was a chance suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has Sturridge touched the ball once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We actually dont look like scoring anytime we attack today which is strange for us

• Advertisement

Pool turning the screw.

Ref finally copping on to the fact that Andy is throwing himself around

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Today.
    And?? I fail to see your point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If you're going to do a list, don't forget all the times skretel got away with grabbing defending corners, dives for penalties (like sturridge against united)

Dont forget the pens Liverpool did not get in Old Trafford

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Come on lads!!

G'way Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sturridge and Sterling have been poor today. Need one or both of them to get the finger out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Therres some bad ref in the league, today, John Moss, Chris Foy also come to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

west ham are the anti football.

Sturridge has been awful

• Advertisement
Advertisement