Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Liverpool. Sunday Apr 6th KO@16:00 SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    And people wonder why nobody really wants Liverpool to win the league.

Sure Chelsea fans said worse about West Ham this season

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I'd like to thank our good friend, BNMC. We couldn't have done it without you.

Has he not come out of the closet as a Liverpool FC supporter yet?! Spends more time in the Liverpool threads than I do.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Awful game to watch, Liverpool looked jaded and West Ham were happy to keep the game scrappy. Referee was atrocious too. Good win for Liverpool all the same.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Sterling was absolutely brilliant, well done son, you're turning into some player, hardly out a foot wrong with feck all space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Gonna enjoy reading this thread from the second half on...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Sure Chelsea fans said worse about West Ham this season
    But nobody really cares what they say anyway, frustration and all that :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Shouldn't your crowd be rampaging through the streets of Manchester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Awful game to watch, Liverpool looked jaded and West Ham were happy to keep the game scrappy. Referee was atrocious too. Good win for Liverpool all the same.

They really shouldn't be jaded. They haven't played in a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Stevie G you Legend

For the Haters

qlam.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I am pie wrote: »
    whatever?

on we go, horrible team west ham. long may their fans "enjoy" allardyce's brand of battle ball and perennial relegation battles.

cloggers and hoofball merchants.

West Ham are an absolute disgrace, that's not soccer they play.

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Impressed enough with West Ham, but i wouldnt like my team to play like that and can see why the fans are frustrated

Downing, Carrol, Jarvis, or Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge (only a few million in it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'd imagine he'll be getting a weekend off. Scandalously bad decisions out there today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

I am pie wrote: »
    whatever?

on we go, horrible team west ham. long may their fans "enjoy" allardyce's brand of battle ball and perennial relegation battles.

cloggers and hoofball merchants.

Don't think WH fans do tbh. Wasn't Allardyce getting stick at the previous home match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

You are always going to get days like this. I was sure Carroll was going to get an equalizer at the end.

Job done, now to regroup and unleash hell on Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I want liverpool to win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Liverpool's win confirms that we will have a new champion - Manchester United can now no longer defend their title.

Liverpool are only the fourth team to ever score 90 goals in a Premier League season. Chelsea 09-10, Manchester United 99-00 and Manchester City 11-12 being the others.

BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Don't think WH fans do tbh. Wasn't Allardyce getting stick at the previous home match?
    Yep; they got booed off after beating Hull in their last home game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

ebbsy wrote: »

YNWA

It's fans like ye that make it hard to like Liverpool. Nothing worse then sore winner's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thrill wrote: »
    Liverpool's win confirms that we will have a new champion - Manchester United can now no longer defend their title.

BBC

Think they gave up defending their title in October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lucas in that position was a mistake. West Ham has sat back since he came on.

How wrong did I prove to be eh ;)

He done ok in retrospect!

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I have replayed it 3 times on skyplus box, keeper touched the ball first.
    Youtube won't lie I will wait for the inevitable upload.

There you go reply on Sky shows Flanagan like I said got the 1st touch of the ball in a 50/50 situation, when that happens usually get a free kick else where on the pitch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

He was getting booed even when they won a game. The fans hate the style of football he is playing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

me89 wrote: »
    It's fans like ye that make it hard to like Liverpool. Nothing worse then sore winner's.

Your a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Shouldn't your crowd be rampaging through the streets of Manchester?

That's just wrong. Its Edinburgh they're on the rampage in this weekend.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/fans-clash-with-police-ahead-of-cup-final-1-3367097

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

blueser wrote: »
    Actually; that's only half true. If City draw at Anfield, and win the rest of their games, THEY will be champions. How on earth did that ref get his licence? Two scandalously bad decisions there. I suppose they cancel each other out, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I can see it being a draw next weekend. I still would not be surprised though if Liverpool nicked it. It's being played on the weekend of the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough and I think that will give the Liverpool players a extra incentive as well to go out and win it.

City themselves also have to go to Everton and there past record there suggests that they could well end up with nothing,not to also mention Everton themselves are on great form now and will be more then likely playing for a Champions League place.

I seriously don't know how he did. I expect him to be demoted next week down to league 1 or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Who gives a fcuk whether you like us or not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

BNMC is really turning the season for us. Without him we would probably be battling it out for mid table mediocrity with utd!

• There you go reply on Sky shows Flanagan like I said got the 1st touch of the ball in a 50/50 situation, when that happens usually get a free kick else where on the pitch
    You keep telling yourself that, keeper touched the ball first & then the player second, he won the tackle.
    :rolleyes:

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sturridge has been beyond awful

Luis or Sterling weren't much better for long period of the game in fairness.

Hopefully he will come on form again for the next few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Tough titties man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Not a fan of redknapp, but he us litterally sweating in the studio after that, there is NO doubt where his heart is

I can see it being a draw next weekend. I still would not be surprised though if Liverpool nicked it. It's being played on the weekend of the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough and I think that will give the Liverpool players a extra incentive as well to go out and win it.

City themselves also have to go to Everton and there past record there suggests that they could well end up with nothing,not to also mention Everton themselves are on great form now and will be more then likely playing for a Champions League place.

I seriously don't know how he did. I expect him to be demoted next week down to league 1 or 2.

Being saying that the past few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbf, sam has them playing a style that could be at best described as "puke" football (to borrow a GAA phrase).

We deserved to win today, like the cardiff game. It wasnt pretty but we'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Luis or Sterling weren't much better for long period of the game in fairness.

Hopefully he will come on form again for the next few weeks!

Just to make it clear, not just having a go at him, he has been sensational, but went missing today and looked very tired or leggy.

ebbsy wrote: »

I hate this crap to be honest.

Score update :

1-0 Liverpool final score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Fair play to lucas for that 2nd half performance. I wasnt impressed when he took philipe off for lucas but he made me eat my words. Thought he drove us forward well and great through ball for 2nd peno.

That was a tough tough afternoon and to get the points is very satisfying.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Just to make it clear, not just having a go at him, he has been sensational, but went missing today and looked very tired or leggy.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. Thought our 3 guys upfront all looked the same though, not just Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not an unfair interview from Allardyce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

3 pts, all that matters, everything else is irrelevant to me.

Pour me a glass of ice cold Gerrard.

You keep telling yourself that, keeper touched the ball first & then the player second, he won the tackle.
    :rolleyes:

Watch it again and keep telling yourself that.

Even slow mo showed Flanaghan won the ball 1st

• I will leave the thread on a good note..(Your probably all delighted)
    It pains me to say it but your win today looked like a championship winning performance.
    This has been some stand out performances from uz this season where you have managed to grind out results which you haven't manged to do in so many years.
    It sets up next week to be a great watch, even from a Man Utd Fan :P

• Watch it again and keep telling yourself that.

Even slow mo showed Flanaghan won the ball 1st
    He already had the ball and was running at the keeper, then the keeper touches the ball and then the player.
    That is the sequence of events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Rodgers loves to talk about his tactics, and he deserves to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

He already had the ball and was running at the keeper, then the keeper touches the ball and then the player.

Stevie Wonder?

• Advertisement

• Stevie Wonder?
    Great Musician

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I had a long post typed out, but thought better of it.

I and many Liverpool fans here have had 20+ years of sore winners from various clubs. I nor should any Liverpool supporter apolgise for being happy, coming across as a sore winner even or highlighting some idiots who have been fortunate in who they've supported and took the piss out of Liverpool for decades, or even a decade or just a few months on this forum :)

No he was not, Lucas passed the ball it was 50/50.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Interesting stat -

That was our first win this season without a goal scored by S&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

2nd Liverpool penalty shouldn't have been given, but then it was a blatant foul on Mignolet for the West Ham goal. Massive 3 points for Liverpool, can't wait for the game next Sunday already!

• Advertisement
Advertisement