Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Liverpool. Sunday Apr 6th KO@16:00 SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

lol...Liverpool fans are simply unreal. Acting as if they're about to be released after being wrongly imprisoned for 25 years. Always the victim, no matter what.

Oof. Class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

9 in a row.

insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SlickRic wrote: »
    9 in a row.

insane.

Only another 5 please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I had a long post typed out, but thought better of it.

I and many Liverpool fans here have had 20+ years of sore winners from various clubs. I nor should any Liverpool supporter apolgise for being happy, coming across as a sore winner even or highlighting some idiots who have been fortunate in who they've supported and took the piss out of Liverpool for decades, or even a decade or just a few months on this forum :)

We're psychic vampires and we feed on the hate and bitterness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Only seven more sleeps.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lol...Liverpool fans are simply unreal. Acting as if they're about to be released after being wrongly imprisoned for 25 years. Always the victim, no matter what.

wut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I had a long post typed out, but thought better of it.

I and many Liverpool fans here have had 20+ years of sore winners from various clubs. I nor should any Liverpool supporter apolgise for being happy, coming across as a sore winner even or highlighting some idiots who have been fortunate in who they've supported and took the piss out of Liverpool for decades, or even a decade or just a few months on this forum :)

Ha as a west ham fan if we ever find success I'll probably be the same,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

24 years, if your on a wind up get it right.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    24 years, if your on a wind up get it right.

Yeah, but we're shams acting like it's 25...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement

• No he was not, Lucas passed the ball it was 50/50.
    Again sequence of events @ 0.13

Flanagan touched the ball (I.E has the ball) then the keeper touches the ball & then the player.
    The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

tumblr_m54detYW4k1r270ozo1_r1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

tumblr_m54detYW4k1r270ozo1_r1_250.gif
    Is that the first WWE reference in the thread lads? Shocking stuff, no wonder the team struggled.

On a separate note, did anyone else just knew we would win?
    Before I would have been sitting there in disgust knowing we hadn't the ability or determination to get through.
    Now it's all :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great Musician

Ever see his missus?

Neither has he
    Boom boom

Say what you want about West Ham today, it was always gonna be a damage limitation exercise.

Flanagan touched the ball (I.E has the ball) then the keeper touches the ball & then the player.
    The end.

Sequence is pass from Lucas, keeper and Flanagan going towards ball. Flanagan wins ball, keeper then gets hand on it from Flanagan's touch and also sweeps his legs, if two players in midfield slide into get a ball who ever touches the ball 2nd 99 times out of 100 gives away a free kick if there is a foul.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Wow - You may hate Liverpool, that's fine, but to say something like that is just plain scummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The end.

You are not allowed to grab a player by the leg even if you get a touch on the ball first.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

donfers wrote: »
    Wow - You may hate Liverpool, that's fine, but to say something like that is just plain scummy

It's very hard to remain on the right side on the infraction police with some of these posters.

Wow, it's amazing what this season is bringing in the SF.

Looking forward to watching match of the day. Presume it's on

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

5starpool wrote: »
    It's very hard to remain on the right side on the infraction police with some of these posters.

Easy enough if you ignore them though.

They're not worth commenting on.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Wow, it's amazing what this season is bringing in the SF.

Looking forward to watching match of the day. Presume it's on

10:25 pm on BBC 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

WOW, disgusting and vile coment, no need and too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Personally feel that the bolded term should be card on site ala 'Whiskey nose' 'scum' etc. I'm not sure what more official government level apologies and reports are needed for us to fully move on from such outright nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Another win and I'm still unbeaten with league threads.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Super-Rush wrote: »

Jinxing yourself now is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I had it in my head that the game against city was an evening match,never realised it was an early kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You left it late tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm not sure what more official government level apologies and reports are needed for us to fully move on from such outright nonsense.

I don't think lack of awareness is the issue here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good job, take tomorrow off and get back tuesday fresh and ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

I Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can we really beat city next wkend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

shamrock55 wrote: »

Yes.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jinxing yourself now is it?

Only I may dance jinx.

34y8g95.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

shamrock55 wrote: »

Tall order but we should be targeting games like this if we want to keep our hopes of finishing in the top half of the table.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    VITAL

Hammer fans: good effort, a properly refereed game would have been different so ye have plenty of reason to complain on that front too. Relieved with the win.
    Fair play.

Liverpool just about deserved the win I think. But I take heart in the fact that ye hadn't a chance of note really until it was 2-1.
    Shocking referee. Our goal shouldn't have stood and the second penalty was never in a million years a penalty. Even when it comes to consistency, he was shocking. Tomkins was (correctly in my view) adjudged to have handled for the first penalty, yet Flanagan (I think) handled towards the end in what would have been a great position for us and nothing was given.

To those complaining about our football: what on Earth do you expect us to do? Since the turn of the year, you have scored 44 goals in 13 Premier League games (an average of more than 3 a game). Do you really expect us to play tiki taka type football, push our full backs up the field and go all out attack against an forward line like that? You are completely deluded if you think so. Believe me, if ye played like that against City next week and got a win you would not be complaining. We played to our strengths and nearly managed to grind out a result.

And personally, I'm a fan of Allardyce. Yes his football isn't pretty, but for the second season in a row he has us sitting comfortably in mid table with just a handful of games remaining. And that is exactly what the two Daves want at least until we move to the Olympic Stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Totally agree, the 'West Ham play anti football' stuff is nonsense. West Ham play a tough physical game in line with the qualities of the assembled squad. Allardyce got the club out of the Championship and achieved comfortable mid table status two seasons on the trot doing it. It works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

djPSB wrote: »
    West Ham win 2-1.

Carroll with the first.

Nolan penalty for the second after Skrtel fouls Carroll.

Gerrard picks up the yellow ruling him out of the City game.

Suarez to get a late consolation.

Missed the game due to my own sporting commitments.

Backed West Ham and the draw too. Best money I've ever spent.

Our f*ckin year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Not a Pool fan but I really hope they go on to win it. Rodgers has added a touch of class this season unlike some other managers in the race for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Not when the replay clearly shows the keeper winning the ball first, there is no debate.

actually, Flanno nicks the ball first, keeper then gets a slight touch on the ball, then keeper takes Flanno out - Pen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mada999 wrote: »
    actually, Flanno nicks the ball first, keeper then gets a slight touch on the ball, then keeper takes Flanno out - Pen

That is not a penalty :pac:

Actually think about what you just said there. Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

Can't believe some people thought that would be an easy win for us.

I take what Allardyce was saying, instead of moaning about this and that, just said it would have been a better.and different game if the ref hadn't made a bags of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

John Hartson doesn't think it's a pelanty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Neeson wrote: »

John hartson also thinks hendo played the pass and that it was the refs first mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

jaysus Andy Carroll looks like he has the AIDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

if you take it after both of them have touched the ball, (as tiny a time-frame that is)

the ball is still "in play" the keeper doesn't have it in his hands, and Flan is last man back, pulled down by the keeper pulling on his leg to stop him from scoring.

thats why i think it was only a yellow card for dissant and peno...and i think thats what the ref was getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Neeson wrote: »

It was a penalty, Chris.? :pac:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/3pm/Five-Live-pay-pelanty-for-hiring-Chris-Waddle-article147181.html

Neil Lennon disagreed with Hartson and said it was a peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Well he is right.
    As was the ref for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

jamaamaj wrote: »
    It was a penalty, Chris.? :pac:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/3pm/Five-Live-pay-pelanty-for-hiring-Chris-Waddle-article147181.html

Hartson always calls them pelanties too. Pelanty sounds better I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Another great read. What a thread. Much thanks to the usuals.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

monkey9 wrote: »
    Another great read. What a thread. Much thanks to the usuals.

It was better. One particular regular even started deleting he's own posts!

Advertisement