Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Liverpool. Sunday Apr 6th KO@16:00 SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ref bottled that big time, and those saying should have held try holding something out arms length and someone slapping your head and arm.

Oh and on the big screen to behind the ref lol that is a the biggest joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

His hand shouldn't be there, but if you drop a ball because of something like that (it's not like he punched him with his fist, it was more of a tap)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

efb wrote: »
    Balances out a soft peno

Ah it was a stone wall peno in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

They even showed the foul on the big screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

1-1 is a fair reflection of the 1st half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Andy Carroll was always going to be involved in a goal today. Inevitable and given some of the slagging he has gotten from Liverpool fans in the lead up, I suspect he will be delighted with himself.

We just need to get over it now and focus on going ahead again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

1-1 is a fair reflection on the first half. Disgraceful decision by the ref though, Liverpool really need to get on his back in second half

Balances out a soft peno

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's an incredibly bad decision, and anyone who actually thinks otherwise... actually, there's only people pretending to think otherwise, what am I saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Jamie Redknapp : :pac:

Wait until he see's the GAA coverage on Sky:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Danny Baker on twitter:
    @prodnose: Ref: Why did you flag
    Linesman: Goalkeeper got punched in face
    Ref: Well I didn't see that
    Linesman: Oh OK fair enough.
    Ref: Goal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

That desicion is gonna fire Liverpool up no end for the second half.

I reckon they'll punish the hammers big time now.

We'll fookin slaighter them.

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

What a ****e football team too. Stone age football...Cmon Liverpool, smash em good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's entitled to challenge the keeper, fair play ref 90% of the time keeper way too overprotected.
    Is there some issue with you and your understanding of the laws of the game? He smashed him in the face. That is a foul, anywhere on the pitch it is a foul, this post seems to be either have been made because you do not understand the laws of the game, or you are just purposely ignoring them to try a bit of one-upmanship. I am not sure but really, keepers overprotected, the police could have gotten involved in a challenge like that if it happened on the street. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Balances out a soft peno

you must have a soft head mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Carroll looked like he was going up to punch the ball into the net. And instead caught Mignolet square in the side of the head and then knocked the ball from his arms.

It's actually quite amazing it was given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Better come out fired up for this half now after that disgraceful decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Terrible decision.

Just terrible.

you must have a soft head mate

Had brain surgery so yeah I do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ref said he thinks he dropped it so obviously didn't see, linesman might be more to blame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    His hand shouldn't be there, but if you drop a ball because of something like that (it's not like he punched him with his fist, it was more of a tap)...

nonsense. he hits him in the face hard enough to move his head back and close his eyes. Poor decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Slap in the face = free out irrespective of what Mignolet "should" have done.

**** off Redknapp he did not knock it out of his hand, he tipped his face alright

Biased

Biased in favour of the club he played for or biased in favour of the club that his father managed?

It was a foul dude. Leave it at that instead of arguing some nonsense position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

That's as bad a decision as you will see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Watch some Gaelic football, it happens all the time.

Man up soccer goalkeepers!!

As you would expect in a sport where all players on the pitch can use their hands to challenge for a ball.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

**** off Redknapp he did not knock it out of his hand, he tipped his face alright

Biased

Are you're unbiased.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Sterling offside at city, Eto at the bridge the ox at the emirates, Now the mig at west ham how can the officials keep getting it wrong a huge huge call the ref got wrong.

Dont forget Carroll in the 1st 5 mins of this game to getting away with clearing out player in the corner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

He put his hand in his face then hit his arm, so two fouls there - it's such a clear foul that debating it comes across as trolling to be honest

let's hope justice is done and liverpool win second half, they haven't played well but that goal was just as horrible a piece of officiating as you'll ever see, webbesque stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Lol at the pathetic posts defending the call and blamin keeper.. have a look at yerselves if ye can bare it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Should be 1 nil with West ham down to ten

Joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Watch some Gaelic football, it happens all the time.

Man up soccer goalkeepers!!

Bit of a difference tho, you're allowed to punch the ball in gaa so all players are aware that arms and fists are part of the game. As a keeper in soccer, your the only one with rights to use your hands in the box so wouldn't be expecting a box in the face. Especially if they do connect and it goes in it should be disallowed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How some on here are trying to defend a striker lunging into a goalkeeper arms first with his head nowhere near the ball is beyond me.

• Is there some issue with you and your understanding of the laws of the game? He smashed him in the face. That is a foul, anywhere on the pitch it is a foul, this post seems to be either have been made because you do not understand the laws of the game, or you are just purposely ignoring them to try a bit of one-upmanship. I am not sure but really, keepers overprotected, the police could have gotten involved in a challenge like that if it happened on the street. :rolleyes:
    lolz smahed him in the face, Carroll tipped him with his fingers, even redknapp raves on that he knocked it out of his hand. Nonsesnse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Had brain surgery so yeah I do!

On the bright side you must have got a lot in compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kunkka wrote: »
    That's as bad a decision as you will see!

Silva yesterdays was fairly sh*te too and cost Southampton possibly going in 1-1 at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

He's entitled to challenge the keeper, fair play ref 90% of the time keeper way too overprotected.

Are you saying it wasn't a foul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lads we need to regroup and board up the barricades. Don't let them out flank us. This is our biggest test fellow match thread saps, let's do it for our missing brethren.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ref said he thinks he dropped it so obviously didn't see, linesman might be more to blame

I think Sakho was blocking his view of it. It's pretty obvious he didn't see it properly as there is no way he'd have given it otherwise. I'd love to know what the linesman said to him though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Dcully wrote: »
    How some on here are trying to defend a striker lunging into a goalkeeper arms first with his head nowhere near the ball is beyond me.

First time here eh?

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »

It's amazing to be honest.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    On the bright side you must have got a lot in compensation.

From who? Injurylawers4u can I sue my chromosomes...

• Dcully wrote: »
    Expressing opinions on the situation, I have stated why I belive it was a goal.
    If it's beyond you that's your opinion.

spockety wrote: »
    First time here eh?

hardly

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

5starpool wrote: »
    I think Sakho was blocking his view of it. It's pretty obvious he didn't see it properly as there is no way he'd have given it otherwise. I'd love to know what the linesman said to him though.

"I've got 50 on the hammers to get a result and I'll split it with ya"

Lucas on for 2nd half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Should be 1 nil with West ham down to ten

Joke

Ah now. Down to ten men for what? You'd swear mignolet got an uppercut to the jaw the way some people are on about it

Expressing opinions on the situation, I have stated why I belive it was a goal.
    If it's beyond you that's your opinion.

Your entitled to your opinion im also entitled to call you on how ridiculous it is.
    your deluded man utterly deluded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It's warming up in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I still can't understand how ref could allow that goal when assistant would have told him about the punch.

Also people criticising keeper for dropping ball when Carroll stopped him catching it cleanly are strange.

Advertisement