Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RA declined URGENT ISSUE

Options
  • 04-04-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey guys.

god to say im fed up to the teeth of dealing with these guys is an understatement anyway here we go.

came back to ireland last year, on social welfare applied for RA cause i was renting abroad privately. they rejected me on the basis they dont take abroad into an account told me to get on the housing list. i found employment, job didnt work out unemployed at christmas and employer stuck me for money. so i got back on social welfare and reapplied for RA as i was renting privately for 9 months. They rejected me again and this was in January its not April I still have no RA I am going through the process of getting on the housing list still. I am currently waiting on a form to be sent back from the country which apparently takes 4 weeks to stamp and return. I tried to appeal there decision and object as much as i could but they insist I am not renting privately for 6 months whilst working or on social welfare so still do not qualify. insisting on the housing list again.....

I am in a desperate situation. my benefit is 158 per week and my rent is 120 so i live on 38 euro a week. I feel the system is a joke I have done all i can. I have been citizens info, poltician who wrote to joan burton who has done nothing.

pretty shocking stuff given i worked over 90% of my adult life and ive barely been on benefits.

Any advice anything I can do here?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

What reason have they given for refusing you?
    so i got back on social welfare and reapplied for RA as i was renting privately for 9 months.

I though this is all you needed, just to show you were able to pay your rent at one point, but I have never claimed this so dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd appeal it at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ollib1984

Thanks for the replys. whats the appeal process? its just a bloody joke man.
    I have told them im not happy about it, went to a local TD about it. argued with them till im blue in the face.
    I just want to get it speeded up because getting on the housing list could take up to 8 weeks from now! even though ive sent the first forms.

also realistically i dont see how an appeal is going to help. this guy in RA had the cheek to tell me that I couldnt pay my 120 rent out of my 150 SW which i do, and can and have been doing for several months.

i fail to see how an appeal to the mid leinster rents unit who rejected me in the first place is going to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ollib1984 wrote: »
    also realistically i dont see how an appeal is going to help. this guy in RA had the cheek to tell me that I couldnt pay my 120 rent out of my 150 SW which i do, and can and have been doing for several months.

i fail to see how an appeal to the mid leinster rents unit who rejected me in the first place is going to help?

been where you are..

you need to make a formal complaint and go over their heads. not acquainted with rent units so you will need to google to see who is over them, right to the ombudsman level.

citizens info may be able to help. ask them.

often the mere words formal complaint will bring action. ties them up in paperwork.

i did this with a mistaken cwo when they made a serious error and i was stuck re ra....they were at my door early the following day and it was sorted immediately and i fought for and got the 7 months back money... looked the supervisor up on google and emailed her.

some wee clerk has made a mistake and does not know how to fix it so they get all defensive.

meanwhile please look after yourself... vincent de paul will probably help. you need to eat well etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thanks for the replys. whats the appeal process? its just a bloody joke man.
    I have told them im not happy about it, went to a local TD about it. argued with them till im blue in the face.
    I just want to get it speeded up because getting on the housing list could take up to 8 weeks from now! even though ive sent the first forms.

took me 7 months to get on the cork housing list....you have been renting long enough to qualify without that as i had too. same situation and please see my other post
    it was a kind person who worked in the complaints dept who befriended me at a craft fair who set me on the right track so i am passing the wisdom on. you are eligible and need to make waves...the term formal complaint in the right ear is needed.

Grace, basically your saying if i complain to the ombudsman that will get it sorted?

who are the complains department?? these guys are just like a gang they answer at reception and tell you to F off politely. theyll look at the app when i have the correct forms to be on housing list.

im gonna be looking for backdate through to january. when i applied.. i was eligible in january.
    no idea what to do but im on job strike now until I get my RA. they would love it if i get a job.

Cheers for your help grace, try be as clear as you can please in what i should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What reasons were your application's rejected?

Your post seems confusing

this is what i beleive happened, im pretty good with company processes from my job....

i applyd in september or august 13 they reject saying im not living here 6 months. i wait till january 14 have been working in between. i reapply and they tell me i still need to be on the housing list even though i rented more than 6 months privately with prtb landlord. they basically telling me they need me on the housing list. insisting on it. they wrote to me stating this dont have the letter nemore. have the guys name who wrote it to me though.
    getting on the housing list takes months as discussed. Citizens information could not understand this.
    im finding it very difficult to deal with the situation logically, i dont think anything has ever had me this enraged. honestly.

send them a link to this thread? i have sent them multiple complaints already to there email. they do nothing about it.

I think the other posters right, I had managed to get RA off them one time 5 or 6 years ago the other time i needed it.
    it was a ****ing nightmare then. but i had credit to be chasing them which i dont know.
    i think complaining to the right person will sort it fast. i think a letter regarding eviction will sort it fast im trying to organize that. I just dont know who to complain too.

Keep in mind too these guys dont pick up the phone either. what i did to them before was this.
    there number used to be 618 8000 or something i started calling all the extensions in there office. 8001.
    complaining blah blah, soon enough they approved it then. they have now chnged there number to an 1800 redirector.
    does anyone have there address? I would like to go and stage a personal protest too if possible.

Anybody else having these issues people should get together...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

If your only getting a SW rate of 150 you must have means assessed against your claim. The means test for RA/SWA is far lower than for JSA etc.

• Advertisement

getting SW rate 150 due to deduction of 35 from 188 due to supposed over claiming. lets not go into that.
    another debacle. i basically kept my SW when i found work till i got paid for the first time. I couldnt afford my rent if i didnt. signed off when i got paid.

got penalised for overclaiming when i went back on at christmas.

i have a 35 euro deduction on my SW , due to overclaiming which i have complained about too.
    I kept my SW for 4 weeks when i got a job as i would have nowhere to live otherwise and they penalised me 1,000 roughly euro.

the only means test ive had done is being done now by SW, they wrote to me saying my stamps are running out and i returned there app the other day. the SW stuff as far as i know is not related to RA.

duplicate post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I thought the CWO accepted the reciept from your Housing Application. They just need evidence that you have applied. Did you post your application or hand it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

getting SW rate 150 due to deduction of 35 from 188 due to supposed over claiming. lets not go into that.
    another debacle. i basically kept my SW when i found work till i got paid for the first time. I couldnt afford my rent if i didnt. signed off when i got paid.

got penalised for overclaiming when i went back on at christmas.

Standard procedure

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement