Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fat Burners + Creatine

• 04-04-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Been trying to put on a leaner build up top and added creatine to the fold last month.
    I also do a bit of cardio as I try to burn off whats left of the spare tyre but have found I've kinda hit a wall in this regard. After asking around I was basically told that some people just have stubborn fat in some areas that won't shift and I should try to build the top half a bit to offset it.

Last time I was in Holland And Barret getting some bits I saw optimum nutrition fat burners and thought I'd give them a try since there can't be any harm and they are a reputable brand.
    The lady at the till said I shouldn't be taking them with creatine as they will cancel out the creatine.

I thought creatine was for building muscle mass and since these are designed to shift fat, I didn't think it would be an issue.

Can anybody offer any advice on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Been trying to put on a leaner build up top and added creatine to the fold last month.
    I also do a bit of cardio as I try to burn off whats left of the spare tyre but have found I've kinda hit a wall in this regard. After asking around I was basically told that some people just have stubborn fat in some areas that won't shift and I should try to build the top half a bit to offset it.

Last time I was in Holland And Barret getting some bits I saw optimum nutrition fat burners and thought I'd give them a try since there can't be any harm and they are a reputable brand.
    The lady at the till said I shouldn't be taking them with creatine as they will cancel out the creatine.

I thought creatine was for building muscle mass and since these are designed to shift fat, I didn't think it would be an issue.

Can anybody offer any advice on it?

Ignore advice from these people. They''re salesmen.

Creatine increase your ATP letting you lift a bit more. An extra rep or two usually. It's also very beneficial for other things. You should heck out the article on examine.com about it. Very interesting supplement.

Anyway creatine will increase water retention a little. I didn't notice much tbh. "Fat burners" I believe are mostly appetite suppresants. Not sure on the mechanisms but a few out there are basically caffeine pills. Kind of like pre workouts actually but I think they're shifting from that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

The bit about stubborn fat that won't shift is Bull**** as well. If you eat right andtrain right, you'll get there. the only reason it won't shift is because of something you're not doing right.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

I thought that these fat burners worked by binding with the fat in your stomach and 'flushing it out' so to speak.

Nonetheless, will continue as I planned and maybe up the cardio abit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I thought that these fat burners worked by binding with the fat in your stomach and 'flushing it out' so to speak.

Nonetheless, will continue as I planned and maybe up the cardio abit.

The only "Fat Burners" worth anything are Grenade or Thermobol because they have an ingredient which is like Ephedrine(which is illegal and banned)...

Checkout
    This links for a little more information
    http://examine.com/supplements/Synephrine/
    http://examine.com/supplements/Ephedrine/

But there is no substitute for a good balanced diet, rest and exercise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

After asking around I was basically told that some people just have stubborn fat in some areas that won't shift and I should try to build the top half a bit to offset it.

Train harder and eat better would be my advice.
    Not these 'fat burner' gimmicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Djurgårn Eire

If you are training hard, doing a decent amount of cardio and watching what you eat then fat burners will only marginally improve your levels of fat. Remember, abs are made in the kitchen, so its about calorific deficit rather than using supplementation to burn stubborn fat. The only real pills that will work to get rid of excess fat quickly are illegal and even then they aren't magic, you still need to watch your diet and train hard. Have you considered a specific diet program? A lot of people just think that they'll eat less calories but they don't consider the calories they are consuming or where they came from. Have a read around on other sites like bodybuilding.com or T nation and find a diet that suits you. Personally I like the ketogenic diet. It is quite tough at first and I feel that its a long term endeavour but worth it in the end and quite healthy. Some people dislike the high fat consumption with keto, and the low carbs are tough to deal with so its not for everyone. Anyway, I say have a look at some diet plans online before blowing 40 or 50 on fat burners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShaneMG123

These fat burners do not work. They're ****ty products made by companies to hoard in dosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

ShaneMG123 wrote: »
    These fat burners do not work. They're ****ty products made by companies to hoard in dosh.

If they contain either of the things I've linked in my previous post they will work

Advertisement