Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox to root out bad players

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Doubt it will work and more likely will just annoy more people, MS need to cut the crap and stop being the social conscious of online gaming.

When i buy a service or a console i don't need to be dictated too on how to use it. I am not advocating the right of people being assholes but i certainly dont want MS big brother dictating how i play.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

If matchmaking in online games was based on a system like this I'd never get a game I have a 90% of players avoided you Rep on xbox live :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

If matchmaking in online games was based on a system like this I'd never get a game I have a 90% of players avoided you Rep on xbox live :(.

I think I have 82% bad rep most of it from playing COD and insulting people between rounds. Which looking back possibly wasn't the greatest use of my time but it was good fun.

I have never cheated or anything like that and my rep hasn't moved from that level since 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

tim3000 wrote: »
    I think I have 82% bad rep most of it from playing COD and insulting people between rounds. Which looking back possibly wasn't the greatest use of my time but it was good fun.

I have never cheated or anything like that and my rep hasn't moved from that level since 2010.

I play a fair bit of COD myself with a few lads off here, but I don't s**t talk or send abusive messages to people, probably player reviews from kids that don't like losing games of domination :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I play a fair bit of COD myself with a few lads off here, but I don't s**t talk or send abusive messages to people, probably player reviews from kids that don't like losing games of domination :pac:.

I used to talk a fair amount of sh1t all right. But I was good at it so, like you I reckon its from sore losers. I haven't played COD regularly in 2 years but my rep hasn't improved. Hopefully this system doesn't effect matchmaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

98percent avoid me :L can see this thing been abused
    I never have my mic in
    and if I do its when I am in party so I guess its all from sore losers :/ wouldn't mind I am not great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

The rep system is a joke. I've had 2 people reporting me for trash talking even though I have never once used headphones online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    The rep system is a joke. I've had 2 people reporting me for trash talking even though I have never once used headphones online.

On Xbox One apparently they are better able to root out fake reports or people just reporting you because you beat them.

In those cases the fake report or only reporting to grief someone should backfire on the reporter and affect their standing.

Advertisement