Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 33 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

What happened to Matchday threads being created on the Matchday! What a pointless thing to be annoyed by...

Anyway, no clean sheets for City or Chelsea please.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ChoiChoi

My team for this week:

Speroni

Coleman Azpil Vlaar

Toure Hazard Barkley Nasri

Suarez(C) Lukaku Studge

Subs: Mannone, Ki, Ward, Chester

So many people burned by Roonpig this week, hopefully that translates into more points for choichoi baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

roryc wrote: »
    What happened to Matchday threads being created on the Matchday! What a pointless thing to be annoyed by...

Anyway, no clean sheets for City or Chelsea please.

He posted it after midnight so technically it is matchday :D

Anyway hoping Azpil and Hazard play otherwise could be a poor GW.

I actually hope hazard doesn't play, it'll mix things up a bit, hazard suarez and toure, everyone and their dog has them. Be nice to have a differential come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Not if your differential is Barkley :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Mannone
    Terry, Zab, Distin
    Hazard, Yaya, Mutch, Gerrard
    Suarez, Jelavic, Sturridge

Was going to bring in Welbeck for Jelavic but decided to hold on to Jelavic and see how he gets on, nice differential to have if he has a good game. Have Barkley first sub, started Mutch ahead of him purely because Cardiff need to win or they are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mannone
    Chester Terry Coleman
    Lallana Silva Yaya Hazard
    Suarez Sturridge Lukaku

Subs: Adrian, Ward, Nolan, Bardsley.

Not my strongest starting 11. Hoping to stay where I am.

I'm 41 ahead in one league and 22 ahead in the other.

I'm caring less and less about global ranking by the week. A 2 digit finish in the top 100 was my aim a few weeks back but I've slipped right back now to 933 so preserving a four digit finish is the aim now. That said, the ultimate goal is always those private leagues and closing them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Doesn't matter much whether Hazard plays or not really does it, as long as you have a decent name first on your bench. I'll have Coleman and Mirallas to come in, I'm gonna go with Ward ahead of Seamie this week.
    Did my transfers last night without giving it an awful lot of thought, had two frees so brought in Dzeko (maybe only a one week thing) and Eriksen (for the fourth time this year:rolleyes:, no dgw but great fixtures and a very good price now). Still no Yaya or Sturridge, those are the boys who'll feck up my weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Chelsea cleanie would hopefully be the basis of a good week.

3 pool players too, although kinda hoping liverpool slip today(with my players scoring of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I think this is nearly the lastest I have left my team. Have made no transfer yet haven't decided to bank or not. Not sure to plan for this week, or add for the DGWs. Only thing I do know is that Suarez is probably captain.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i'd be very surprised if hazard doesn't start,
    chelsea have a much better chance of silverware in the league now than in the champions league.
    when small teams go away to big teams the key is getting a couple of goals up, if you do, it's a walk in the park, if they can contain you for 50 or 60 mins they grow in confidence and can be very hard to break down.

therefor, i'd expect jose to pick near enough his strongest 11 and try get 2 or 3 up and then rest a couple of players for the last half hour rather than rest players to begin with and have to bring them on if things aren't going to plan.

My hope is that my rival and others will have made their transfer before that news re Rooney last night.

May force them into a -4 or just going with two up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Santi101 wrote: »
    Chelsea cleanie would hopefully be the basis of a good week.

3 pool players too, although kinda hoping liverpool slip today(with my players scoring of course).

I'm cool with them slipping today too. But only because they're playing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Marshall
    Ward Demichelis Cahill Azpi
    Hazard Gerrard Yaya
    Lukaku Suarez Sturridge (c)

Not confident this week, lots of problems in my team as was evidenced with last weeks 35. My bench is crippled, an injured Barkley is my best alternative which speaks for the 4 3 3....

I've decided to go for it for the last few weeks so for no good reason I'm putting the armband on Sturridge.....

Chelsea and City have it all to do today, Stoke particularly are unbeaten in their last 5 with plenty of goals so Azpi better have got some decent sleep last night....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mannone
    baines terry ollson
    mata yaya lallana silva
    suarez sturridge lukaku
    Hazard not starting would be lovely cant see it happening though. Id settle for lamps starting to keep him off pens .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Hart (Davies)
    Cahill Demel Sagna (Olssen Whittaker)
    Lallana Miralles Yaya Gerrard (Richardson)
    Suarez Lukaku Dzeko
    No money in bank.
    Any creative ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I am well and truly a casual now....

Haven't looked at team in a few weeks and a glance at this thread tells me I shouldn't look at it now.

I'll blame the fairly fine weather and golf.
    3 rounds this week has taken up the 12-15 hours I would have spent working on a strategy (that would ultimately fail) for the upcoming DGW.

I even transferred Yaya in a few weeks ago!!!! Luckily I also ditched the Living without Luis strategy before I left ye actives.

Might just bank my transfer this week

Team for the week:
    Haven't a clue :)

carraig2 wrote: »
    Hart (Davies)
    Cahill Demel Sagna (Olssen Whittaker)
    Lallana Miralles Yaya Gerrard (Richardson)
    Suarez Lukaku Dzeko
    No money in bank.
    Any creative ideas?

Demel out for Chester. Chester doesn't play next GW but has a decent fixture this week and then has a double in GW37.

That'd allow you to do Gerrard to Silva for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Used my 2 free transfers to bring in Silva and Oviedo for Mata and B.Johnson (NOR).
    Oviedo at 3.9 frees up just enough cash that I can afford Zabaleta in for Skrtel next week.
    Alternatively, I could do Aguero in for Sturridge by downgrading Skrtel to a 4.3 DEF at a 4-point hit.

Team for this week:

Speroni
    Azpilicueta, Skrtel, Olsson
    Silva, Yaya, Hazard, A.Johnson
    Lukaku, Sturridge, Suarez (C)

Adrian; Sagna, Ward, Oviedo.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Used my 2 free transfers to bring in Silva and Oviedo for Mata and B.Johnson (NOR).
    Oviedo at 3.9 frees up just enough cash that I can afford Zabaleta in for Skrtel next week.
    Alternatively, I could do Aguero in for Sturridge by downgrading Skrtel to a 4.3 DEF at a 4-point hit.

Team for this week:

Speroni
    Azpilicueta, Skrtel, Olsson
    Silva, Yaya, Hazard, A.Johnson
    Lukaku, Sturridge, Suarez (C)

Adrian; Sagna, Ward, Oviedo.

Since you already have Ward for the DGW - then Bardsley is 4.3 I think, Sunderland are rubbish but they do have 2 DGWs left.

I'm still toying with the Aguero transfer, I already have Yaya and Silva so next week it's either Kompany in for Mertesacker or Aguero in for Sturridge and Ward or Delaney in for Mertesacker for a 4 point hit. This will he won't he play Aguero thing is annoying but of all players in the game (with Suarez) Aguero has the potential to do some serious damage between next week and the end of the season. Or he'll pull up with an unjury after 20 minutes. Without Aguero, who do we captain next week?

Need to start planning for GW37 too, last chance to put some serious points up before the final day.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Demel out for Chester. Chester doesn't play next GW but has a decent fixture this week and then has a double in GW37.

That'd allow you to do Gerrard to Silva for next week.

You gained me 3 places in my league last week so will do anything you suggest

carraig2 wrote: »
    You gained me 3 places in my league last week so will do anything you suggest

My choices aren't always correct! It's about getting more right than wrong.

I've moved Gerrard on myself. Even though they are scoring freely, 3 attacking players from one team is an over reliance.

By the way, if I was you, and you are keeping Demel, I'd bench him and play Ollson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Going in with 8 players at home and captaining an away player feels weird! Been a while since I picked up a decent GW rank hoping its building up to something special!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

with rvp and rooney out could mata be on pens?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Yes i would think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FFS have it on Giggs for 3rd placed peno taker. Doubt he'll play though... So yeah Mata could well be on pens.

---

Still undecided about Mannone/Adrian and whether to put Rosenior or Ward ahead of Coleman...

- edit -

Didn't change anything in the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

glad theres no Rooney! made no changes so 2 free for nxt week

Lemlin wrote: »
    My choices aren't always correct! It's about getting more right than wrong.

I've moved Gerrard on myself. Even though they are scoring freely, 3 attacking players from one team is an over reliance.

By the way, if I was you, and you are keeping Demel, I'd bench him and play Ollson.

Did just as you suggested few posts back. Will buy Silva later in case his price rises. Ta

Reading on totalfpl that Boruc is injured. Edit: yep confirmed

TEAM NEWS @MCFC make one change, with Kolarov in for Clichy; for @SouthamptonFC, Gazzaniga & Schneiderlin are in for Boruc & Ward-Prowse

• Advertisement

Reading on totalfpl that Boruc is injured.

ah ffs team sheets out no Boruc. I do have Silva, Yaya & Toure though so hopefully it might mean a few more points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

jimmii wrote: »
    ah ffs team sheets out no Boruc. I do have Silva, Yaya & Toure though so hopefully it might mean a few more points!

he's good but he still only counts as one player :)

You have Yaya and Toure? Mitosis was it? :p

Hogey007 wrote: »
    he's good but he still only counts as on player :)

Did you not hear Kolo moved to City?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I do hope doubling up on Chelsea defenders pays off this week, i really do.

Marshall
    Demichelis Coleman Cahill Azpi
    Hazard Yaya Coleman
    Sturridge Suarez(C) Lukaku

Sterling, Nolan and Whittaker benched.

Saved my transfer so have 2 to be ready for DGW.
    Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hogey007 wrote: »
    he's good but he still only counts as one player :)

Maybe he made him a captain this week:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Reading on totalfpl that Boruc is injured. Edit: yep confirmed

TEAM NEWS @MCFC make one change, with Kolarov in for Clichy; for @SouthamptonFC, Gazzaniga & Schneiderlin are in for Boruc & Ward-Prowse
    Opta Sports: 37.5% - Southampton's Paulo Gazzaniga has the lowest save percentage of any of the 36 goalkeepers to have played in the Premier League this season. Test.

Massively need City and Chelsea to concede today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Massively need City and Chelsea to concede today.

All us Liverpool fans heartily agree with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

No transfer this week. Captained Suarez. So really did nothing !
    Just seen Boruc is out. Not that bothered but my sub goalie is their sub goalie who is also injured :@ was not counting on points from Boruc really so hopefully city (zaba and Yaya) go goal crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Boruc out with a back injury, thank christ I transferred out McGregor for Szczesny at 11.25 this morning

• Advertisement

Who do you fancy in the cup here?

Marshall, Davies, Zaba, AJ, Gerrard, Lukaku
    vs
    Adrian, Ward, Distin, Silva, Mutch, Sturridge

Opponent benched Olsson over AJ surprised by that.

Guy at top of money league made some strange strange decisions this week......
    Llalana out navas in......Llalana had killed me last 2 weeks and I'm getting him back in next week possibly .
    He also has Nasri but not Yaya
    Howard out Guzan in along with Rosienor out Vlaar in...... He did those last Monday night for -4
    And then this morning Rooney out Torres in for another -4
    Now if villa keep a clean sheet he is a genius but if they do not ......
    He also can't get aguero without a hit next week .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Didn't bother with a transfer this week. I need to keep it ahead of getting Aguero in for the DGW next week and have lots of players playing at home anyway. Team is:

Adrian

Terry Distin Zabaleta

Hazard Snodgrass Sterling Yaya

Lukaku Suarez (C) Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Right here's me for the week with 2 FTs going into next week.

Mannone
    Demichelis - Baines - Cahill - Mickey T
    Hazard - Silva - AJ
    Rooney - Lukaku - Suarez (c)

I have Henderson coming in for Rooney, when he doesn't play.
    Ward coming in for Turner, if he doesn't play.
    Delph roaming the outer pastures of 3rd sub waiting for anyone else who doesn't turn up this week.

I'm just glad the city game is up first so that Yaya and Dzeko can get their demolition job out of the way early.

km79 wrote: »
    Guy at top of money league made some strange strange decisions this week......
    Llalana out navas in......Llalana had killed me last 2 weeks and I'm getting him back in next week possibly .
    He also has Nasri but not Yaya
    Howard out Guzan in along with Rosienor out Vlaar in...... He did those last Monday night for -4
    And then this morning Rooney out Torres in for another -4
    Now if villa keep a clean sheet he is a genius but if they do not ......
    He also can't get aguero without a hit next week .....

Very strange week of transfers! Can see that going horribly horribly wrong.

jimmii wrote: »
    Very strange week of transfers! Can see that going horribly horribly wrong.

Very foolish or genius !
    Mutch and mata seem to be my main differentials on most this week.
    Lukaku too surprisingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Mannone
    Terry Baines Zab
    Hazard Yaya Silva Eriksen
    Sturridge Lukaku Suarez c

Bit nervous leaving Coleman on the bench but I think its the right decision.

km79 wrote: »
    Very foolish or genius !
    Mutch and mata seem to be my main differentials on most this week.
    Lukaku too surprisingly

Very foolish no matter how it turns out. Those transfer have a negative expectation without a doubt.

irish son wrote: »
    Mannone
    Terry Baines Zab
    Hazard Yaya Silva Eriksen
    Sturridge Lukaku Suarez c

Bit nervous leaving Coleman on the bench but I think its the right decision.

Can't see who you would have taken out for him nice team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

For some reason I can see this being a bit of a nothing week with no major movement in the rankings for most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement