Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 33 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

36 sees me up 5,000 to 17k.

Creeping up on my league top three over the last couple of weeks again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

F*CK you Hazard have Rosenior's 12 on my bench. F you too Baker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

18pts after bonus. Jesus. Dropped about 10K places.

Could be my worst GW of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

132k to 88k, delighted with that. Big hitters to come tomorrow so hopefully maintain that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

35 with 5 to play

58k overall
    was around 179k 4 weeks back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    18pts after bonus. Jesus. Dropped about 10K places.

Could be my worst GW of the season...

Ok just checked it was only 6-7K of a drop but still an awful week so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Still undecided about Mannone/Adrian and whether to put Rosenior or Ward ahead of Coleman...

- edit -

Didn't change anything in the end...
    Ouch.

Rosenior and Ward with respectively 12 and 5 on the bench.
    Of course when I finally get in a City defender they forget how to keep a CS :rolleyes:...

Second week in a row with a 12 pts defender on the bench. I was not feeling comfortable leaving Rosenior and Ward on the bench but couldn't rationally justify playing them ahead of either Azpi, Demichelis or Coleman. I'm now ultra reliant on Liverpool result tomorrow.

BTW 23 from 5. Low average I'd say...

- edit -

Can I assume now that Guardian team sheets are correct ? They were spot on with Hazard. Would have gained 11 pts had I benched him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Don't even want to look at my FPL page after getting 19. I'll take a look after the game on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

49pts & Captain Yaya did okay.

Once Suarez doesn't go nuts today my green arrows should stay green.

Still have Suarez, Lukaku, Flanagan, Henderson, Coleman & Mannone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

43 pts with suarez capt, sturridge, lukaku, baines and mannone to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

On 21 points. Thought it was a crap week until I noticed it's only from 3 players. Most around me in my leagues are only slightly higher but only have 3 or 4 playing today. 2 of those being SAS with Suárez as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Need a food poisoning incident at the Everton or Liverpool team hotels today so I get my second sub on - Puncheon with 16 points. I want to cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

29 with 5 to play. Moved up 300 places to 4,300. Need another wondershow from Skrtel although will take 6 points. Coleman and SAS don't really matter as everyone has them, although I think 20% of people captained someone else so Suarez scoring a few would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Fell 30k places yesterday :eek: If only Jose kept Hazard on the bench, things could have been so different. Need SaS, and Lukaku to go nuts today, with Coleman getting in on the action, and Gerrard to miss a penalty with Henderson getting the rebound, finishing with loads of nail bitting hoping Mannone has a cleanie and a pen save on Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Any word on why Clichy was left out of the City squad? If he has any kind of a injury for a few weeks then Kolorov would be a must have defender.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Arsenal: Szczesny, Monreal, Vermaelen (c), Mertesacker, Sagna, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Podolski, Cazorla, Giroud.

Subs: Viviano, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Sanogo, Jenkinson, Kallstrom, Bellerin.

Everton: Howard, Baines, Distin, Stones, Coleman, McCarthy, Barry, Osman (c), Naismith, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Barkley, Garbutt, Alcaraz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

opr wrote: »
    Any word on why Clichy was left out of the City squad? If he has any kind of a injury for a few weeks then Kolorov would be a must have defender.

Opr

You'd expect Clichy to start at liverpool if recent selections are anything to go by, then kolarov vs sunderland home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Santi101 wrote: »
    You'd expect Clichy to start at liverpool if recent selections are anything to go by, then kolarov vs sunderland home.

I have Kolorov but having him or clichy is frustrating. Zabaleta is the most consistent starter on the other wing. cant afford him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

BNMC wrote: »
    Arsenal: Szczesny, Monreal, Vermaelen (c), Mertesacker, Sagna, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Podolski, Cazorla, Giroud.

Subs: Viviano, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Sanogo, Jenkinson, Kallstrom, Bellerin.

Everton: Howard, Baines, Distin, Stones, Coleman, McCarthy, Barry, Osman (c), Naismith, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Barkley, Garbutt, Alcaraz.

Something just sent a shiver through my whole body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I have Kolorov but having him or clichy is frustrating. Zabaleta is the most consistent starter on the other wing. cant afford him

yeah i was thinking about kolarov for the dgw but pellegrini rotates the two it seems, with defensive minded clichy(in theory! as an arsenal fan) starting the tougher games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I have Demichelles for the DGW because I couldn't afford Zab and he seems to be a lock-in.

God, I hope Studge and Lukaku do something today. Leading since the 2nd gameweek and under threat from an inactive 2nd place! He was almost 100 points behind me two weeks and then Mata and Ward happened! >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

osman booked

osman off barkley on

Osman's off. Cut his head in a tackle with Sagna. Yellow carded for it too. Barkley on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lukaku's playing wide right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Great that Barkely has come on. He comes in for me now off my bench for Rooney not playing

goal naismith 1-0

Something just sent a shiver through my whole body.

Now I have the Dilemma of weather to bring him back or not at a four point hit next week depending on today.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Lukaku's playing wide right :rolleyes:

And gets an assist, that'll do :pac:

• Advertisement

lukaku assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Naismith, no assist

Naismith (Lukaku)

I think the assist counts as Lu's anyway, though he should have scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

here we go again assist or no assist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Been given as a Lukaku assist already.

Why on earth would it not be an assist, his shot was saved and Naismith scored directly from the rebound.

Naismith is pulling in serious points lately. (when I say lately I mean in the past 7 days, just looked at his stats:o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have I mentioned before that I think Mirallas is ****e?

Fun game so far. Hopefully the tempo is kept up and Lukaku gets a goal now as well. That'd make my day.

Everton are looking seriously sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Follow @myfpl they have it set up to tweet out when anyone points change. Whether it's a goal, assist or a card.

@fpl_alerts do the same but include bps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Leeds legend Luke Garbutt on the Everton bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Why on earth would it not be an assist, his shot was saved and Naismith scored directly from the rebound.

Naismith is pulling in serious points lately.

Ha I only suggested him the other day as good cheapie for the DGW, if only he was guaranteed to start like lukaku

• Advertisement

I'll take the assist but I think FPL is working with the loosest definition of an assist this season.

Lukaku has some of the most dubious scores in FPL history this season.

Not sure what I want Barkley to do, he is my first choice sub. Fear a mountain of points on the bench after Hazard came on to score 1 point yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'll take the assist but I think FPL is working with the loosest definition of an assist this season.

What? It is a straight up rebound. One of the least debatable assists possible. There have been some sketchy ones over the year no doubt, but this is one of the more bread and butter ones.

Dempsey wrote: »

He's had a few dodgy ones but this one is nailed on. Can you recall a similar incident which didn't result in an assist being given?

CSF wrote: »
    What? It is a straight up rebound. One of the least debatable assists possible. There have been some sketchy ones over the year no doubt, but this is one of the more bread and butter ones.

That exception wasnt always in place in seasons gone by and the current rebound rule for assists is a nonsense because it completely contradicts the assist definition.
    Assists are awarded to the player from the goal scoring team, who makes the final pass before a goal is scored. An assist is awarded whether the pass was intentional (that it actually creates the chance) or unintentional (that the player had to dribble the ball or an inadvertent touch or shot created the chance).

If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.

2-0 lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Balls

mirallas assist

Great finish by Lukaku!

THERE IS A GOD.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

(Caps required, okay? I was getting worried.)

Great goal Lukaku! One more now, you beauty!

• Advertisement
Advertisement