Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 33 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Up to 15k overall. If i finish inside 10k will be very happy with the season. 4 weeks to do it

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My last 6 GWs

Can't escape the 30ks :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Up to 84k from 122k (had thought 152 but wrong).

Hoping to stay well inside top 100k from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

71 sees me up to 2550 Mannone to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

59 points. 259k gameweek score. Back down to 963 though. Just about hanging onto my three digit position.

Mannone left to go tomorrow.

I went into one league 21 points ahead. I'm now up to 38 points ahead in that + Mannone's total.

In the other, I went into the GW 41 ahead and end it 32 ahead + Mannone's score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had another good week. 77 points. Hoping I can finish the season strong now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

A very satisfying 69 (arf arf), very pleased with it as I have neither mata nor Lukaku.

Dzeko, Gerrard and 3 clean sheets the basis of a good week and a decent green arrows showing across the board.

Up from 22k to 15k globally and just when I'd pretty much given up hope have clawed a 60 point gap to the money places in my league back to 20 over the past 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

My season looks to be fading out spectacularly. At this rate, I'll end up finishing 100k or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

73 and 3 more to come off the bench.

If I picked subs better, it's be 12 for a total of 85 which roils have been all kinds of awesome.

Damn you Mariappa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

71 with Mannone still to play. Just sneaked inside top 5,000 overall. Delighted Mata & my 3 heroes from Everton repaying the faith. 34 point lead on my main rival and 400 bucks is the pot.... lovely!!

2 freebies going into the next GW, lets do this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

On 67 (-4), Gerrard saved the gameweek.
    Have 13 points on the bench.
    Need Eriksen to knock a few in tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

61 all done, moves me up 500 places to 4,100. Will drop a bit tomorrow with Sunderland/Spurs players and players subbed in but hopefully not too much.

Hazard coming on cost me 4 points in the end. Annoying as my rival ended up beating me 4 points and would have only had Nolan coming on for Hazard. Only 10 points between us so every little counts, roll on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

68 this week, Ward benched again which is a bit annoying but I started Speroni over Adrian so thought doubling on Palace wouldnt be a great strategy away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

73 with mannone to go has moved me up from 38k to 23k.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

44 with 7 coming off the bench and AJ and Mannone playing tomorrow night. Pretty tasty position to be in I know :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

56 points with Adam Johnson left to play. Dropped 50 odd places to 241st position overall. I'd imagine between the odd Spurs/Sunderland player and sub points to come in that I'll need a 5-6 pointer from AJ to maintain my position.

Bringing in Silva for Mata on Saturday morning didn't work out too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

72 points with A Johnson still to go. Good week, even if AJ does nothing tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

5 points today (Suarez) but with his captaincy rate I was hoping for minus points today :p
    But finished on 77

For the weekend that's in it:
    Got around the first circuit without clipping a fence, but knew that I hadn't got the legs for a clean run the second time around.
    Didn't think I was going to finish the race when I stumbled into the Canal Turn (No Lukaku) and then clattered Valentines Brook (No everton defensive coverage)... at that stage I didn't think I'd even make it to The Ditch (No Gerard) but somehow I got over it... actually started to feel a bit better after that and got a second wind up the long run in (No Sturridge or no armband on Suarez)

Grabbed the last e/w spot :)

Ramsey is back.... I'm back, greeting comrades

Now sitting 1 point ahead of Mr. Ed P.... let the craziness begin continue

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

87 with bardsley to play not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Yeah it changed up to 106 and then up to 119 since, don't know why....

Wow!!! Monster scores! I guess they added the BPs in between the 2 totals...

68 pts for me with Mannone left to play. Gerrard was my differential and served me greatly this week. He was suppose to make way this week for an Everton mid... With Sturridge slowing down I'm having second thoughts now...

Up to 777 in the world :D. Hopefully can keep my green arrow tomorrow.
    Annoying to have Rosenior 1st sub though it needed some guts to bench Hazard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

66 points..CS from Baines and Coleman saved me never expected a CS from them in this game but had no other option.

Looking forward to the DGW..

iroced wrote: »
    Wow!!! Monster scores! I guess they added the BPs in between the 2 totals...

68 pts for me with Mannone left to play. Gerrard was my differential and served me greatly this week. He was suppose to make way this week for an Everton mid... With Sturridge slowing down I'm having second thoughts now...

Up to 777 in the world :D. Hopefully can keep my green arrow tomorrow.
    Annoying to have Rosenior 1st sub though it needed some guts to bench Hazard...

You've now bypassed me but I have no one to blame but myself with my last few transfer decisions. What is your team now?

Edit: I actually see your team now. You're 5 points ahead of me. Hopefully Mannone will cut some of that tonight and move me up. Although I'm not very hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    You've now bypassed me but I have no one to blame but myself with my last few transfer decisions. What is your team now?

Edit: I actually see your team now. You're 5 points ahead of me. Hopefully Mannone will cut some of that tonight and move me up. Although I'm not very hopeful!

Hey you! I have Mannone also playing tonight :P!

I've also been unfortunate/uninspired with some of my transfers lately. Of course there is my last min mess up for the DGW. Was slow to get in an Arsenal def in December/January. Made the same mistake with City. Hopefully over the remainder of the season they keep their recent great CS run. Planned very early for the DGW31 and got Debuchy & Aguero maybe too early. Now was not fancying any Sunderland midfielder (because they are not doing that great (*) - I mean even for a DGW who would I bench? - and are being rotated a lot lately). Had Ki (*) in mind but went for AV's Delph instead (with the perspective of GW37 though it's more of a "in case I've noone better to play").

Finally I'm leaving big points on the bench these last 3 GWs while having good returns from my playing XI. In a way it's reassuring to see that my squad is strong and my choices not too bad but it's raging at the same time and giving me serious selection headaches.

(*) Watch Ki have a stormer tonight :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

So Spurs and Sunderland tonight. I have Eriksen, but Puncheon is sitting on the bench with 16 points waiting to come in.
    You know what to do Tim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Have a feeling Mannone will come through with another 11 pointer tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

64 total with erikson to play
    34 of that mata and gerrard
    very lucky man this week
    ive been very lucky in never having many pts
    on the bench though
    dimic jelavic this week
    i did bench speroni both weeks though so not all good

made a flute of my team last week bring in hart for szec meaning
    i cant get dzec as i have yaya and dimic
    couldnt wait to get rid of szec and never thought ahead at all
    a moment of madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 1m
    Our line-up tonight: Lloris; Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul, Rose; Lennon, Chadli, Paulinho, Eriksen; Adebayor, Kane.

Big night for Harry Kane owners

Sunderland AFC ‏@SAFCofficial 4m
    Sunderland: Mannone, Bardsley, Alonso, Brown (c), Cuellar, Vergini, Ki, Bridcutt, Cattermole, Johnson, Borini.

Johnson starts, at last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

need Johnson to deliver big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    Our line-up tonight: Lloris; Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul, Rose; Lennon, Chadli, Paulinho, Eriksen; Adebayor, Kane.

Sunderland: Mannone, Bardsley, Alonso, Brown (c), Cuellar, Vergini, Ki, Bridcutt, Cattermole, Johnson, Borini.

Johnson starts, at last

o shea dropped even though sunderland are playing 3 cbs. Wonder what position johnson will play in that formation it looks like 5 3 2 could be 5 4 1 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

We all know Adam Johnson will score a screamer and get an assist. The assist will come straight after Mannone saves a penalty in the 90th minute and Sunderland go up and win a corner at the other end. Mannone strides up and guides a header into the top corner to win the game.

Mannone and AJ will combine this season, I feel it in my bones. Although I have gotten almost every single decision wrong this season :pac:

My positivity worked last Monday with Sunderland :)

manual_man wrote: »

Johnson starts, at last

Vergini starts. There goes whatever slim hope there was of a Mannone clean sheet.

so close to an aj assist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

We all know Adam Johnson will score a screamer and get an assist. The assist will come straight after Mannone saves a penalty in the 90th minute and Sunderland go up and win a corner at the other end. Mannone strides up and guides a header into the top corner to win the game.

Mannone and AJ will combine this season, I feel it in my bones. Although I have gotten almost every single decision wrong this season :pac:

My positivity worked last Monday with Sunderland :)

So it will be a 3-0 win to Spurs then with AJ and Manone sent off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

So, hows the Mannone save count going :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

lolspurs

Cattermole goal no assist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Bye Bye spurs clean sheet

So, hows the Mannone save count going :)

Brilliant point blank right there from Kane

KevIRL wrote: »
    lolspurs

Cattermole goal no assist

assist - chiriches

Ade (Eriksen)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

F#ck! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Not too good Eriksen getting involved. Stay at 1-1 please. No players in the game tonight so could do without any big names scoring.

Mannone was never going to keep a clean sheet. It's all about save points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

As long as he outscores Adrian, I dont care what he does!

Imagine what Spurs could have achieved if AVB wasnt so stubborn when it came to using Adebayor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

1 save point for Vito...more please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Eriksen + Ade sure to cost me places this week.... Eriksen is some player.

Cattermole yellow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

In other news, the sky is blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Annoying that when I had Eriksen he never got games and once I got rid he's back playing and getting points. Seems to always happen with this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ade actually handled the ball in for the goal. As gary neville said, impossible for the ref to see though, none of the sunderand players noticed it either.

Kane (Eriksen)

• Advertisement
Advertisement