Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 33 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

did erikson cross that
    hope he did

yep
    erikson assist again

great end to my week
    needed that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What odds would you have gotten on Kane & Cattermole to score in the same game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

mailburner wrote: »
    did erikson cross that
    hope he did
    Yep think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Eriksen in the lead for bonus points as it stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

was 12/5 with boyles to assist any goal

a few lads here would make a killing backing assists i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

all aboard the kane bandwagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

mailburner wrote: »
    was 12/5 with boyles to assist any goal

a few lads here would make a killing backing assists i reckon

Would these be the guys who had Mata and Eriksen and they did nothing, if you backed them every week to get an assist you would be down, if he starts to get assists on a regular basis the odds would be shortened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aaron Lennon is a braindead winger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ouch. Eriksen owners are going to bag double digits. Luckily his ownership is only about 10% (of actives)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I wonder how much I'd have to pay the high-ups in FPL-land to give me another wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Could have done without this Erikson point-fest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Eriksen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Talked myself out of Nolan to eriksen for a hit this week :( great fixtures but its spurs ....ah well at least I kept mata :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is tasty. Very very tasty. Have had alot of luck with first week impact transfers this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Eriksen will be a FF king if he's still around next season.

• Advertisement

Just need Eriksen to get another goal or assist to break 100. Come on you little daisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Eriksen's delivery tonight has been frequently outstanding, not so much from dead ball unfortunately but his crosses for both goals were absolutely perfect, he's been unlucky not to have assisted another couple.
    Lucky enough with the deflection for his goal and had a very good chance early in the second half when he held onto the ball too long.
    What is certain is that he'll be a huge bandwagon after next weekend, he won't be coming into many teams right away without a DGW but he has great fixtures from there on.
    Very happy that I brought him in for Adam Johnson the other day anyway.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Just need Eriksen to get another goal or assist to break 100. Come on you little daisy

Stop being so greedy. I'd be delighted to break 55.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I have none of the players who are doing well. This does not bode well for the final few gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

El festino wrote: »
    So Spurs and Sunderland tonight. I have Eriksen, but Puncheon is sitting on the bench with 16 points waiting to come in.
    You know what to do Tim.
    Of course I was suggesting earlier to start him...:rolleyes:

Ade (Kane)

Absolute screamer from Adebeyor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Just seeing the score. Getting Eriksen was a good move this week. Was hesitant cause he done very little for me last time i had him. Wasn't really his fault though.

Close for the 3bps. Eriksen 23 BPS, Adebeyor 22BPS currently

Ade (Kane)

Absolute screamer from Adebeyor

It's amazing how teams at bottom of table get no luck, Ade was offside for that goal and his first was a handball.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Our league leader has been called a haunted bast@rd for his ability to transfer in the right player at the right time.

Gw33 transfer. ROONEY to ADEBAYOR.

Siggy goal

1 more and Mannone will end up on 0, that would be nice

Mannone gets his 2nd save point right in the nick of time.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Our league leader has been called a haunted bast@rd for his ability to transfer in the right player at the right time.

It's tough to mention the 'luck' word in here.

Ah feck ya anyway Eriksen. 99 or 98 it is :(

roryc wrote: »
    It's tough to mention the 'luck' word in here.
    I used luck when referring to my transfers, but I don't actually consider it luck. The times its worked has usually been because I made a good transfer, and the times I haven't have usually been because I made bad ones. Hindsight is a great thing of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Great score Kev. It's weeks like this I wish you shared your transfers on here.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Great score Kev. It's weeks like this I wish you shared your transfers on here.

7 weeks in row in the millionaire (or worse!) club before the last 2 weeks. You are probably better off I dont.

This weeks was a not very inspiring Rooney > Dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

leader of my paid league has made 56 transfers basically takes a 4 pt hit every week eriksen and dzeko brought in this week . He doesnt plan for dgw just logs on every sat morning and makes 2 transfers .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

leader of my paid league has made 56 transfers basically takes a 4 pt hit every week eriksen and dzeko brought in this week . He doesnt plan for dgw just logs on every sat morning and makes 2 transfers .

My league is the same. Keep expecting that my planning and the extra time I put into it will pay off in the end but I'm starting to doubt that now. I might try logging in once a week next season, might be better off by the looks of things.

My league is the same. Keep expecting that my planning and the extra time I put into it will pay off in the end but I'm starting to doubt that now. I might try logging in once a week next season, might be better off by the looks of things.

it's weird how taking hits can work, one of my mates rarely takes hits, for example he's only taken two 4 point hits all season and nothing else. His record in FF is exceptional though - the amount of time and effort put into it. I would say it's not worth it, but if your in 15+ money leagues and you can get top of most, then could bring in a good few $$$ come end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This season has really messed with my mind. I'd pinpointed Eriksen in for Henderson as a good transfer then for some reason didn't pull the trigger thinking I'd play it smart and trust my bench.

The only things I can confidently say I got right in the entirety of the season was Suarez in for the first game available, getting Aguero in very early and having Rooney early too. That was a long time ago now.

I'll end the week with 55 points. I think I might take a few hits this week and hope I break even for the DGW and set myself up for the final 4 weeks. I really just can't wait for it to be over and I can forget this season ever happened :eek:

This season has really messed with my mind. I'd pinpointed Eriksen in for Henderson as a good transfer then for some reason didn't pull the trigger thinking I'd play it smart and trust my bench.

The only things I can confidently say I got right in the entirety of the season was Suarez in for the first game available, getting Aguero in very early and having Rooney early too. That was a long time ago now.

I'll end the week with 55 points. I think I might take a few hits this week and hope I break even for the DGW and set myself up for the final 4 weeks. I really just can't wait for it to be over and I can forget this season ever happened :eek:

I feel your pain, Mr. P. The last six or so weeks have been positively awful. I should end this GW ranked somewhere in the mid 50ks. My ranking is in freefall and I'm slowly but surely being caught by a motherf-cking inactive in my only private league.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

75 points happy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

At this stage, I'm torn between playing it safe and minimising the points hits or going all out and taking a -8 to try and get some momentum going again.

• Advertisement

Sigh, ade nicks the 3 bonus points by 1BPS.

98 all done (no hits) once bps are added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

I feel your pain, Mr. P. The last six or so weeks have been positively awful. I should end this GW ranked somewhere in the mid 50ks. My ranking is in freefall and I'm slowly but surely being caught by a motherf-cking inactive in my only private league.

:mad:

If you were so sure the team behind is inactive, you should have mirrored their team to avoid any chance of they catching you.

69 this week, so reduced the deficit on Busts to single digits.

Invincible wrote: »
    If you were so sure the team behind is inactive, you should have mirrored their team to avoid any chance of they catching you.

damn you had eriksen aswell thats the 3 people I least wanted to have eriksen had him:eek:

Sigh, ade nicks the 3 bonus points by 1BPS.

98 all done (no hits) once bps are added.

If you were to go by the detailed stats, Eriksen was ahead by a point over Ade.

damn you had eriksen aswell thats the 3 people I least wanted to have eriksen had him:eek:

Any consolation, he didn't get the 3 bonus points :)

Absolutely certain. See, his team is badly set up for the DGW and isn't doing particularly well either. He's just got lucky because he has Mata--who has made all the difference. I cannot afford Mata and Aguero so I'm waiting to see who I should buy.

• Advertisement

Absolutely certain. See, his team is badly set up for the DGW and isn't doing particularly well either. He's just got lucky because he has Mata--who has made all the difference. I cannot afford Mata and Aguero so I'm waiting to see who I should buy.

As you know Mata has next week off, but has a double coming up in the last couple of weeks, Utd seemed to have more fluidity without Rooney at the weekend, Kagawa showed his deft touch, should get more gametime.

Any consolation, he didn't get the 3 bonus points :)

Must let you know Im bringing in cattermole and kane this week that talk of bringing in aguero in the other thread was someone that hacked into my account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mark and Granny at FFS are absolutely spot on when they say it has been the greatest year ever for bandwagons. They've all returned in spades despite logic and past performances saying that most of them shouldn't.

Mark and Granny at FFS are absolutely spot on when they say it has been the greatest year ever for bandwagons. They've all returned in spades despite logic and past performances saying that most of them shouldn't.
    Would be hard to call Eriksen a bandwagon. Just a very attacking player with some good fixtures.

Must let you know Im bringing in cattermole and kane this week that talk of bringing in aguero in the other thread was someone that hacked into my account.

:) lol

Bit of a differential so, RVP and Fellani for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement