Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor court action

Options
  • 04-04-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I lost my job and rang meteor to lower my plan to a more affordable one. Was told no. Got disconnected after 3 months (calls barred after 1st) bill total €300 they then added €725 for breach of contract now €1025 got letter for ward solicitors saying taking me to court. Will this actually happen has anyone ever actually gone. I did offer to pay outstanding & return phone when bill was €124 was told no I had to honour plan. Think v unfair

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

If what you said is true, and you did all you said then you surely have a good chance in a court to plead your case, I would have an extensive letter with your thoughts, exactly what you want to say...all ready incase you forget on the day, say all to the judge, be very genuine with them, and then they have to listen to you, the big corporation sticking it to the small man is not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out and moved to their own thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They should work out a payment plan for you if you ask, start making an attempt to pay back something even if it's only €10pm until your back earning a wage.
    You do not want Meteor to get a judgement against you as it'll end up having a serious effect on any future borrowings you may require.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Hi Terrymac,
    I sympathise with your situation.
    As mentioned by Fred Swanson above they may take court action as the sum they are seeking is over €1000. I do not know what metors policy is but they may decide to sell this claim to a debt collection agency to avoid any unpleasant publicity. You can never be sure what anyone will do.

If you feel that it 'would be useful to have more time' before anything major happens you may be able to slow things down a bit.
    You might consider making a Data information request under section 4 of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. Also make a request for 'all' information that they will rely on in court. I believe that they must supply this to you before any court hearing. I must stress again that there are no guarantees and you have no idea or control over what any other party will do but I can tell you that I have used this strategy with another phone company and its now 7/8 months down the line and there is no signs of any of the data and information requested but more importantly no sign of any court proceedings or letters from Debt collection agencies. I wish you the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Terrymac wrote: »
    I lost my job and rang meteor to lower my plan to a more affordable one. Was told no. Got disconnected after 3 months (calls barred after 1st) bill total €300 they then added €725 for breach of contract now €1025 got letter for ward solicitors saying taking me to court. Will this actually happen has anyone ever actually gone. I did offer to pay outstanding & return phone when bill was €124 was told no I had to honour plan. Think v unfair

Is it Huge A Ward solicitors? they are just a debt collection agency.

Advertisement