Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Not buying this logic. One of the key players in the template teams being out should help the good players. We/you (I dunno) should be better able to replace Hazard and use the funds more creatively and effectively than the average joe whose scores revolve more around the likes of Hazard/Toure/Suarez than a good player would.

Naw, agree with Hogey. I've been figuring out for weeks how to fit aguero, Rooney and Suarez into my run in team and having them while maintaining a decent defence as well as Hazard, Yaya etc would have been the major differential for me as nobody else would have been likely to even get Aguero back without drastic surgery. Now everyone will have a spare couple of million to reorganise, so while I can still try to use the change in circumstances better than those who weren't planning as carefully I feel I am at significantly less of an advantage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Had planned to bring in Rooney for Lukaku and Mata for Hazard next week so this doesn't affect my plans too much. The only problem is that everyone will be looking to replace Hazard now and most likely jump on Mata with United's DGW still to come... God I hate FPL sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rosco79 wrote: »
    I don't agree, now their problem just moves to midfield. You both might have Aguero but you can probably afford Mata for GW37 while they will be buying Januzaj or Kagawa and crossing their fingers.....
    I'm not going to bother with aguero now.
    Going down a different road ......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Great haul by Puncheon last week but Barkley for me - better player, better team, better fixtures and at this stage a lot more to play for (for both Barkley personally and Everton). Sunderland are the worst home team in the league this season and Palace are fourth from bottom away from home.

Disclaimer - I have Barkley although he's out for Mata for GW35

My only problem with Barkley is the number of midfielders Everton have. Is he guaranteed to play? I have yet to watch Sunday's MoTD2 so will have a look at how he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Having got rid of hazard in gw 31 Im not sure what to feel about his injury. I decided back then he was no longer a must have due to me wanting 3 city attackers, lukaku, mata and rooney due to them having extra games. If hazard is confirmed out a lot of people will be going down that route. The main positive for me I suppose is that Im a transfer ahead of the masses but I think the game would have been far more interesting with hazard being fit. As my strategy could well have backfired as hazard is more than capable of getting a massive score in any given week.

He's already been dropped by over 8,000 people today. His price is going to plummet by the weekend

Hazard to mirallis for short term points or eriksen for longer term.
    Long term planning not going so well this year......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »
    My only problem with Barkley is the number of midfielders Everton have. Is he guaranteed to play? I have yet to watch Sunday's MoTD2 so will have a look at how he played.

He was fantastic on Sunday, really gave the arsenal defence a tough time and was unfortunate not to score. Based on his performance he will definitely be getting the nod for the double GW, especially if Osman is still out.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Lemlin wrote: »

Overall Barkley was solid as opposed to outstanding - he slotted in seamlessly when coming on after 10, distributed the ball excellently, proved his fitness and had one big chance. Stats wise Mirallas shaded it between the two of them on FF Scout, for the games most influential midfielder, by creating 2 chances.

I agree that selection can be a risk in midfield but given the team performance to win 3-0 I think he gets the nod and the winning team stays as is. The BBC match report (extract below) credits the forced substitution as being central to the victory:

'The hosts were assisted by an enforced early substitution when Barkley came on to replace the injured Leon Osman, who suffered concussion and needed five stitches in his face after a foul on Bacary Sagna for which the Everton man was booked.

England international Barkley slotted into the number 10 position, as Lukaku moved to the right.

And the switch shaped a first half in which Everton laid the foundations for their sixth successive victory.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

If Hazard is out for a while it'll make the end of the game a bit more exciting. Everyone has him at this stage but if he's out there isn't a dead set player to change him with. Should add some difference to the teams.

zarquon wrote: »
    He was fantastic on Sunday, really gave the arsenal defence a tough time and was unfortunate not to score. Based on his performance he will definitely be getting the nod for the double GW, especially if Osman is still out.

Osman is fit for the weekend

http://edit.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2014/04/08/No-fresh-injury-worries-for-Martinez/gnid-165167/
    Despite needing stitches, Martinez expects the 32-year-old to be ready for the trip to the Stadium of Light.

“Knowing Leon, he will be ready and I will be very surprised if he doesn’t make the squad for Saturday," Martinez added.

Am really struggling to decide on my moves for next week now.

My front 7 are:

Yaya-Silva-Barkley-Hazard
    Lukaku-Suarez-Ageuro

These are the 2 options I'm considering:

1) Lukaku - Rooney, Hazard to Mata
    2) Lukaku - Rooney, Hazard - Lallana, Barkley to Eriksen

Thoughts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Naw, agree with Hogey. I've been figuring out for weeks how to fit aguero, Rooney and Suarez into my run in team and having them while maintaining a decent defence as well as Hazard, Yaya etc would have been the major differential for me as nobody else would have been likely to even get Aguero back without drastic surgery. Now everyone will have a spare couple of million to reorganise, so while I can still try to use the change in circumstances better than those who weren't planning as carefully I feel I am at significantly less of an advantage now.
    Still not buying it myself, the stereotypical casual player does not bring in Aguero this week (they're not scanning every press release, every twitter page to try analyse how many minutes he plays) so gains no real advantage.

470 transfers in for Aguero today, nearly 13000 out for Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

He's already been dropped by over 8,000 people today. His price is going to plummet by the weekend
    It can only go to 10.7 since that would be three price drops in a GW.

Still not buying it myself, the stereotypical casual player does not bring in Aguero this week (they're not scanning every press release, every twitter page to try analyse how many minutes he plays) so gains no real advantage.

470 transfers in for Aguero today, nearly 13000 out for Hazard.

I don't mean people would be getting Aguero this week. Most will only do Hazard oit for another mid. I'm looking at a couple of weeks when Aguero is banging in goals and a must have (hopefully) and Rooney has a plum DGW I'd have expected very few in my league to have or be in a position to have both. Now it's pretty easy to get there with your once a week on a Friday transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Twice bitten, thrice shy. Aguero will not be coming in straight away for me until he proves his fitness. Too many of my competitors have sturridge atm so i would only consider the change if my league competition brings in Aguero also.

Will probably hold a transfer this week and do Hazard to Mata for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Would Schurrle be worth consideration for replacing Hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

He Schurrle would.

Sorry. I'll get me coat.

I fairness, I'm considering the straight swap. There's certainly goals and fixtures there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

G1032 wrote: »
    Would Schurrle be worth consideration for replacing Hazard?

Schurrle you can't be serious...

(but unless Hazard is out for the remainder of the season, you'll only have to take him out again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Schurrle you can't be serious...

(but unless Hazard is out for the remainder of the season, you'll only have to take him out again)

I'm serious alright. He's capable of goals. I have Silva, Toure, Lallana already. Have enough Everton cover in Baines and Lukaku. Have Ward from Palace for DGW. I'd go for Ramsey but not sure if he'll start yet................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Overall Barkley was solid as opposed to outstanding - he slotted in seamlessly when coming on after 10, distributed the ball excellently, proved his fitness and had one big chance. Stats wise Mirallas shaded it between the two of them on FF Scout, for the games most influential midfielder, by creating 2 chances.

I agree that selection can be a risk in midfield but given the team performance to win 3-0 I think he gets the nod and the winning team stays as is. The BBC match report (extract below) credits the forced substitution as being central to the victory:

'The hosts were assisted by an enforced early substitution when Barkley came on to replace the injured Leon Osman, who suffered concussion and needed five stitches in his face after a foul on Bacary Sagna for which the Everton man was booked.

England international Barkley slotted into the number 10 position, as Lukaku moved to the right.

And the switch shaped a first half in which Everton laid the foundations for their sixth successive victory.'

Mirallas may have won the battle but he's 1.3 million dearer and I am looking for a cheap mid that will sit on my bench for the remainder of the season. I expect my midfield to be Mata, Lallana, Silva, Yaya.

That's why I'll be going for Puncheon or Barkley.

I'll have a watch of the highlights myself and see what I think. The BBC are always going to print potential propaganda about a young English player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I have Suarez, Sturridge & Dzeko.

I'm selling Sturridge, i have enough cash for any striker, i currently have some ground to make in my leagues. So:

Aguero
    Lukaku
    Naismith/Deulofeu (Go Hard or Go Home!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    I have Suarez, Sturridge & Dzeko.

I'm selling Sturridge, i have enough cash for any striker, i currently have some ground to make in my leagues. So:

Aguero
    Lukaku
    Naismith/Deulofeu (Go Hard or Go Home!)

Aguero might take a while to get going. He's said himself he wants to be fit for the WC so i doubt he's gonna stretch himself too much for fear of missing out on that. Keep rooney in mind as well, toe injury permitting. No game this week but then has his old team away and 3 very handy home games in a row.

I don't mean people would be getting Aguero this week. Most will only do Hazard oit for another mid. I'm looking at a couple of weeks when Aguero is banging in goals and a must have (hopefully) and Rooney has a plum DGW I'd have expected very few in my league to have or be in a position to have both. Now it's pretty easy to get there with your once a week on a Friday transfer.
    Again, I don't see someone who doesn't plan would be greatly aided in bringing in Aguero next week because Hazard got injured this week. If anything, it helps people like me, who weren't planning to bring in Aguero before, but may give it a go now by intentionally making a balance saving midfield transfer this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Hazard out, Shurrle in.

-8 now.

Will allow me to bring in Aguero for Lukaku or Sturridge next week.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Aguero might take a while to get going. He's said himself he wants to be fit for the WC so i doubt he's gonna stretch himself too much for fear of missing out on that. Keep rooney in mind as well, toe injury permitting. No game this week but then has his old team away and 3 very handy home games in a row.

I'll be bringing in rooney if utd get knocked out of CL. Not so sure what to do if they go through though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hazard out for Puncheon.

Will free future funds to upgrade Dzeko to Aguerio or else Puncheon to Mata for the United DGW

5.7 in the Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MEMA2013

MEMA2013 wrote: »
    Hello World

Need help big time. Im falling behind in my money league going through a bit of a slump but still have a chance to get some decent cash out of it. Can you please give advice on what to do for next week and following weeks as my head is wrecked.

2 Free transfers and 0.4mill in the bank

Mannone Marshall

Kompany Skrtel Dummet Azpilicueta Coleman

Yaya Touré Lallana Hazard Noone Silva

Sturridge Suárez Lukaku

Any takers on the above, Im really stuck !??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

downgrade skrtel to flanagan
    upgrade strurridge to aguero/rooney
    downgrade hazard to mata/nasri/eriskon/miralles
    get in some united coverage in defence for their 3 upcoming home games de gea/jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Any takers on the above, Im really stuck !??!

You've nothing to worry about. You're set up pretty well for this week with that team and a couple of new additions.

I'm in a similar situation and I'm thinking of getting in Erickson/Ramsey/Puncheon for Hazard and Aguero for Sturridge but I have 3 Everton so I'd go with Aguero and Mirallas in for Hazard and Sturridge if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

hazard out toure in for me prob

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    downgrade skrtel to flanagan
    upgrade strurridge to aguero/rooney
    downgrade hazard to mata/nasri/eriskon/miralles
    get in some united coverage in defence for their 3 upcoming home games de gea/jones?

Thanks mate, Is Aguero on to start on the weekend ?

Is flanagan nailed on for the remaining fixtures do you think

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You've nothing to worry about. You're set up pretty well for this week with that team and a couple of new additions.

I'm in a similar situation and I'm thinking of getting in Erickson/Ramsey/Puncheon for Hazard and Aguero for Sturridge but I have 3 Everton so I'd go with Aguero and Mirallas in for Hazard and Sturridge if I was you.

Would you really go with Aguero this early ? Id have to shift a man city player to get him in as Ive 3 already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

4 point hit; Gerrard, J Rod and Olsson out
    Mutch, Lukaku and Kompany in.

7 for the DGW.

Going along nicely in the last few weeks. I was 511k after GW 28, now up to 267k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Hazard out for Silva seems like a no-brainer. Silva to Mata next week and in pops Aguero for Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Would you really go with Aguero this early ? Id have to shift a man city player to get him in as Ive 3 already

Sorry didn't notice you had 3 city. Lambert is worth considering, he has Cardiff and Villa coming up and is in good form.

Sturridge, Hazard and Dzeko out.
    Aguero, Lukaku and Eriksen in.
    8 point hit.

Considered Barkley but couldn't resist the Suarez, Aguero, Lukaku front line. Also considered Puncheon rathwr than Eriksen for short term punt but transfers too scarce to sign a Palace attacker for one week, EEriksen home to Fulham nwxt week.

7 for the DGW
    Speroni 2
    Baines 2, Distin2, Zab 2
    Yaya 2, Gerrard, Eriksen, Lallana
    Lukaku 2, Aguero 2, Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Has there been an update on the Hazard injury? Seems like a lot getting rid on little information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

How come so many bringing in Utd Players if they are not playing again till GW35, I'm considering Hazard to Ramsey this week, hopefully capitaize on a price rise, then bring in maybe Mata, depending on funds for GW35 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

8 point hit.

Considered Barkley but couldn't resist the Suarez, Aguero, Lukaku front line. Also considered Puncheon rathwr than Eriksen for short term punt but transfers too scarce to sign a Palace attacker for one week, EEriksen home to Fulham nwxt week.

7 for the DGW
    Speroni 2
    Baines 2, Distin2, Zab 2
    Yaya 2, Gerrard, Eriksen, Lallana
    Lukaku 2, Aguero 2, Suarez

Do you think Dzeko will be dropped or wont play both games. Haven't decided between him and Aguero yet.

• Advertisement

Has there been an update on the Hazard injury? Seems like a lot getting rid on little information

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2600561/Eden-Hazard-didnt-want-risk-calf-injury-against-PSG-Chelsea-star-admits-felt-strain-warm-up.html

Hmm, Hazard isn't as pessimistic as Jose.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, only on Studge to Lukaku so far. Waiting on news on Haz and Aguero for the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Just going to bench Hazard this week and save taking a hit. Was planning on playing 5 mid and Suarez/Dzeko up front but I'll just play SAS & Dzeko instead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2600561/Eden-Hazard-didnt-want-risk-calf-injury-against-PSG-Chelsea-star-admits-felt-strain-warm-up.html

Hmm, Hazard isn't as pessimistic as Jose.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, only on Studge to Lukaku so far. Waiting on news on Haz and Aguero for the other two.
    José will be taking ZERO risks with hazard either side of the 2 legs of the semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Trigger pulled. Haz to Silva. Not even gonna bother waiting for news. Inactive second place has come out of retirement--he made a transfer. This could get interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Looking at Hazard and Colback out and Ramsey and Nasri in. I'd be doubling up as I already have Silva but have to take risks at this stage.

Starting 11 would be
    Mannone

Coleman Zabaleta Ivanovic

Ramsey Silva Nasri Barkley

Sturridge Suarez Lukaku (c)

8 point hit.

Im also leaning towards eriksen over puncheon and barkley for the reason you give he has a great fixture next week and for the rest of the season. Palace and everton have tough fixtures after this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Happy with my team 8 DGW but just can't decide between Ivanovic and Bardsley

Mannone
    Ward Coleman Bardsley
    Yaya Silva Lallana Erikson
    Suarez Aguero Lukaku (C)

Boruc Ivanovic Smalling Noone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hazard silva done

Still 1 FT to use :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

2nd FT used. Mirallas in for Nolan.

Up to 9 DGWers now.

Not bumping out Hazard yet, gonna wait for news. Probably Schurrle in if it's a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Not bumping out Hazard yet, gonna wait for news. Probably Schurrle in if it's a bad one.

Worth considering Oscar? He could be pretty key to Chelsea is Hazard is out for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement