Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Hazard out, Lallana in. I know Im jumping the gun but that .1m will be important to me if I try get Rooney and Aguero in over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Holdng out through another Hazard price drop.

Still not quite sure what to do over this GWs transfers. This is turning into a bigger head scratcher than GW31.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Thinking about bringing in Lukaku for Sturridge and captaining him for the DGW.

I held off on bringing in Sturridge for far too long and he's done SFA since I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Worth considering Oscar? He could be pretty key to Chelsea is Hazard is out for a while.

Schurrle probably the more likely to score when playing (and will for now if the news I get is the kind of news that would lead me to bring him in). Also frees up a lot of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Thoughts on Sturridge to Lukaku lads?

Great this week, not so great after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

CSF wrote: »
    Great this week, not so great after that

**** it, went with it anyways, need to take some risks

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

After this week his fixtures get a bit tricky. I already have him but next week I'm planning to drop him for Adebayor depending on how Ade does this weekend. I'm only going with 2 Everton players for this reason. Distin will also be dropped for perhaps Koscielny. Again I'll monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Aguero and Ramsey in for hazard and sturridge . 8 dgw then. will start getting united players then. getting rid of hazard allows me have rooney aguero and suarez as a front 3 :)

Aguero and Ramsey in for hazard and sturridge . 8 dgw then. will start getting united players then. getting rid of hazard allows me have rooney aguero and suarez as a front 3 :)

I'm going to hold off on getting Man Utd players in for a week or 2. They have nice fixtures but no consistency in selection. I'd be fairly confident Rooney and Mata will start, but Rooney looked fairly crocked last night. I'd like to see how he is after that.
    If RVP is left to heal for the rest of the season then Mata should do well but if RVP returns before the WC then Mata will likely be played on the wing where he's ineffective. I'll wait and see how it plays out.
    I've been keeping an eye on their defence too and apart from DDG, anyone else is a risk gametime-wise, imo. I'd love to be able to get Evans in as he's a goal threat at set pieces but his place is very insecure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Liam2012 wrote: »
    I'm going to hold off on getting Man Utd players in for a week or 2. They have nice fixtures but no consistency in selection. I'd be fairly confident Rooney and Mata will start, but Rooney looked fairly crocked last night. I'd like to see how he is after that.
    If RVP is left to heal for the rest of the season then Mata should do well but if RVP returns before the WC then Mata will likely be played on the wing where he's ineffective. I'll wait and see how it plays out.
    I've been keeping an eye on their defence too and apart from DDG, anyone else is a risk gametime-wise, imo. I'd love to be able to get Evans in as he's a goal threat at set pieces but his place is very insecure.

Ya no point getting any in for away to everton really. Plus ill want to keep Gerrard away to norwich which is usually a goal fest for Liverpool. i'll get a united defender as I already have a dgw keeper . hard to pick a defender who will def start the last few matches

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

my thoughts exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

my thoughts exactly

My plan was always to hold off until after the Everton game. United have been flattered by recent results against a poor Villa side and then a dreadful Newcastle team.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Everton beat them.

Transfer done late last night: Hazard out for Ramsey.

Wenger today saying he'll start against Wigan in the cup. So hopefully he gets a good run as a warm up for the West Ham game.

It still leaves me with 6 DGWers which I'm happy enough with:

Mannone
    Zaba Distin Azpil
    Ramsey Eriksen Yaya AJohnson
    Lukaku (c) Suarez Sturridge

Adrian Chester Williamson Snodgrass

I'm happy enough to go with the 5 non DGWers as apart from SaS, the fixtures are very favourable. I'm still holding a 2nd FT and toying with Sturridge to Aguero but no hurry with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Transfer done late last night: Hazard out for Ramsey.

Wenger today saying he'll start against Wigan in the cup. So hopefully he gets a good run as a warm up for the West Ham game.

It still leaves me with 6 DGWers which I'm happy enough with:

Mannone
    Zaba Distin Azpil
    Ramsey Eriksen Yaya AJohnson
    Lukaku (c) Suarez Sturridge

Adrian Chester Williamson Snodgrass

I'm happy enough to go with the 5 non DGWers as apart from SaS, the fixtures are very favourable. I'm still holding a 2nd FT and toying with Sturridge to Aguero but no hurry with that.

That's a bit risky - Arsenal plays FA cup on Saturday.

Wenger doesn't have much to play with so it could work out ok (if Arsenal gets their **** together;)).

wonski wrote: »
    That's a bit risky - Arsenal plays FA cup on Saturday.

Wenger doesn't have much to play with so it could work out ok (if Arsenal gets their **** together;)).

I realise he could get injured, but I really couldn't think of any other transfer.
    Mata: No game and the questions I documented earlier
    Silva/Nasri: Would occupy my 3rd Man City spot preventing me getting Aguero if I want to
    Puncheon: DGW but not great fixtures afterwards
    Gerrard: Tough fixtures and suspension risk
    Schurrle: Really considered this but still some rotation risk with Salah. Might still swap for Snodgrass
    Mirrallas/Barkley: Would put me on 3 Everton players which I will need to ship out next week due to fixtures getting tougher. Also rotation risk.

I just felt that Ramsey had the right mixture of fixtures and gametime security out of all my options. Fingers crossed he comes through the game on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm going to wait for Pelligrini's press conference tomorrow before deciding what to do. Before Hazards injury i planned a boring Boruc to Speroni. I already have three Everton (Coleman, Mirallas and Lukaku), three city (Zab, Silva and Dzeko) and i have Ward for Palace. I have no interest in Sunderland. I'm now thinking of going Hazard to Puncheon and Dzeko to Aguero. Aguero is a huge risk but it might be one worth making, if he is to start against Liverpool he will probably get 20 minutes against Sunderland, the all important last twenty where city will probably add 4 to however many they've managed till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Lemlin wrote: »
    My plan was always to hold off until after the Everton game. United have been flattered by recent results against a poor Villa side and then a dreadful Newcastle team.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Everton beat them.

United are 20 points behind the top 3 in home form this season but are top of the league away from home.... it will be a tough game for Everton and one Moyles will be targeting

Rosco79 wrote: »
    United are 20 points behind the top 3 in home form this season but are top of the league away from home.... it will be a tough game for Everton and one Moyles will be targeting

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Who?

Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Who?

Petty comment.

Rosco79 wrote: »

I've no doubt it will but I still wouldn't see any need to rush in United players for the game. I think I'll be saving my transfer that week to work a few transfers for GW37.

Sell Hazard for a DGW and have a -8 starting point,unsure to say the least. My Hazard sub as is is Terry giving me 4-3-3.

dahat wrote: »
    Sell Hazard for a DGW and have a -8 starting point,unsure to say the least. My Hazard sub as is is Terry giving me 4-3-3.

I'm holding Hazard for now. I think the whole two week quote could be a bit of gamesmanship from Mourinho. He does love the mind games.

I'm holding Hazard for now. I think the whole two week quote could be a bit of gamesmanship from Mourinho. He does love the mind games.

Physioroom has him definately out with Terry a doubt as well.

• Advertisement

Physioroom has him definately out with Terry a doubt as well.

I know he'll be out this weekend but I have a feeling he may not miss next weekend.

I know he'll be out this weekend but I have a feeling he may not miss next weekend.

Terry being a doubt is pushing me to sell Hazard really. Colback and Ward are my other sub's and they don't exactly jump off the page.

Terry being a doubt is pushing me to sell Hazard really. Colback and Ward are my other sub's and they don't exactly jump off the page.

My sub is Bardsley. I then have Chester who won't play and he'd be sitting with Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Would love JT to be out. Been hoping all season that my opponents lack of subs would come back to bite him, hopefully this is the week. Annoying that Chambers has earned a spot back and they face Cardiff, could be an easy 6 points there. I'm looking at 8 DGWers, hopefully Sturridge can bang one in against his former club. City and Everton games are the ones to watch, 3 players in each.
    Mannone
    Zab -- Coleman -- Ward --
    Azpil
    Yaya -- Silva -- Barkley
    Lukaku (c) -- Sturridge -- Suarez

Petty comment.

I stand by it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

roryc wrote: »
    Would love JT to be out. Been hoping all season that my opponents lack of subs would come back to bite him, hopefully this is the week. Annoying that Chambers has earned a spot back and they face Cardiff, could be an easy 6 points there. I'm looking at 8 DGWers, hopefully Sturridge can bang one in against his former club. City and Everton games are the ones to watch, 3 players in each.
    Mannone
    Zab -- Coleman -- Ward --
    Azpil
    Yaya -- Silva -- Barkley
    Lukaku (c) -- Sturridge -- Suarez

The colours are an interesting addition rory. A lot of effort gone into presentation there!

I'm just glad you don't have any Norwich or Hull players or I might have a seizure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

:)

I reckon most will be going with 3 Everton. Would love to have Baines this week, he could rack up a massive score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone any update on Debuchy? He's still red on FF but with a due back date of this weekend?

Has he been training? Otherwise I need another hit.

Edit... Never mind found this...

MATHIEU Debuchy is edging closer to his Newcastle United comeback.

The defender will return to training next week ahead of the visit of Swansea City to St James’s Park on April 19th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Anyone buying or that had three Everton for the double will be crocked after this week. Worst. Fixtures. Ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Got in Eriksen for AJ. Just the one game v AJ's two, but having watched him v Sunderland he absolutely RAN the show, and was absolutely superb. Gotta get them in while they're hot!! Will leave me with 2 transfers for next week so happy days, this week will have 8 dgw'ers as follows:

Vito

Ward Coleman Zaba
    Yaya Silva Mirallas Eriksen
    Suarez Sturridge Lukaku

Ruddy Michu Bassong McCartney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

manual_man wrote: »
    Got in Eriksen for AJ. Just the one game v AJ's two, but having watched him v Sunderland he absolutely RAN the show, and was absolutely superb. Gotta get them in while they're hot!! Will leave me with 2 transfers for next week so happy days, this week will have 8 dgw'ers as follows:

Vito

Ward Coleman Zaba
    Suarez Sturridge Lukaku

that moved makes no sense, you take someone playing 2 games and get rid for someone playing 1 game. Sunderland also have a DGW later on as well.

Spurs are away from home and playing a team near relegation zone. Eriksen form away from home isn't great at all. AJ on the other hand looks the main player for Sunderland, I would expect him to score at least 1 goal in the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ace2007 wrote: »
    that moved makes no sense, you take someone playing 2 games and get rid for someone playing 1 game. Sunderland also have a DGW later on as well.

Spurs are away from home and playing a team near relegation zone. Eriksen form away from home isn't great at all. AJ on the other hand looks the main player for Sunderland, I would expect him to score at least 1 goal in the DGW.
    AJ's fixtures are terrible. I got rid last week after his goal and don't think I'll regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Mannone
    Ward Skrtel Coleman
    Silva Hazard Yaya Touré Mirallas
    Lukaku Sturridge Suárez

Bench: Adrián Azpilicueta Chester Johnson

I clearly need some work in fine-tuning this squad for the DGW. I have only 7 dgws at present but I have 1.7m, one free transfer and I'm willing to take hits giving me 9/10. What are opinions re Aguero here? I could get him in for Sturridge provided I downgraded someone like Skrtel to a 5.4 defender. I could also do a straight Zabaleta for Skrtel but I'm struggling to see any other transfers. I'm wary of taking out Hazard as I believe he'll be back to haunt me.
    Any thoughts guys?

it makes perfect sense. eriksen is on fire. i fancy to him to score better than AJ - its as simple as that - S'land have Everton at home, and City away - really not generous fixtures at all. Week after they have Chelsea away I believe. I have thought this out. I actually plan to get AJ after the Chelsea game. Very generous fixtures then and their backs will be against the wall so you'd expect some kind of reaction. p.s. i cant emphasise how good Eriksen was in the last match - goal and 2 assists and BP's obviously - was the best midfield performance i have personally seen all season - typically when a person is playing this good, the rule is simple: get them in a.s.a.p.!!! (points to Ramsey naysayers :P:P:P)

Mannone
    Ward Skrtel Coleman
    Silva Hazard Yaya Touré Mirallas
    Lukaku Sturridge Suárez

Bench: Adrián Azpilicueta Chester Johnson

I clearly need some work in fine-tuning this squad for the DGW. I have only 7 dgws at present but I have 1.7m, one free transfer and I'm willing to take hits giving me 9/10. What are opinions re Aguero here? I could get him in for Sturridge provided I downgraded someone like Skrtel to a 5.4 defender. I could also do a straight Zabaleta for Skrtel but I'm struggling to see any other transfers. I'm wary of taking out Hazard as I believe he'll be back to haunt me.
    Any thoughts guys?

i'd ditch Hazard. he's out for a while, and personally i believe his comeback will be more geared to being fit for the champions league games over the pl games. Not sure who to suggest to get instead (so many options, you know), but you could get practically any mid + extra cash upgrade elsewhere. personally i'm staying away from dzeko and aguero. too much of an unknown, who'll play what game (and jovetic and negredo are available too, i believe??). silva and toure is enough attacking coverage i think!! also think re. sturridge next week Liverpool have Norwich, i can see a few goals in that one for Liverpool

• Advertisement

it makes perfect sense. eriksen is on fire. i fancy to him to score better than AJ - its as simple as that - S'land have Everton at home, and City away - really not generous fixtures at all. Week after they have Chelsea away I believe. I have thought this out. I actually plan to get AJ after the Chelsea game. Very generous fixtures then and their backs will be against the wall so you'd expect some kind of reaction. p.s. i cant emphasise how good Eriksen was in the last match - goal and 2 assists and BP's obviously - was the best midfield performance i have personally seen all season - typically when a person is playing this good, the rule is simple: get them in a.s.a.p.!!! (points to Ramsey naysayers :P:P:P)

You could apply all the above to the Southampton game at home, then they play Liverpool away and got nothing.

You could apply all the above to the Southampton game at home, then they play Liverpool away and got nothing.

there's no better team at home this season than Liverpool

anyway we'll see no doubt some captain hindsights will chip in to give their opinion once the dgw is over :p:p

there's no better team at home this season than Liverpool

anyway we'll see no doubt some captain hindsights will chip in to give their opinion once the dgw is over :p:p

Except for Chelsea (points wise) :D

I don't doubt he's a good player, I just wouldn't agree with the logic of taking AJ out especially as he has a DGW.

One thing I notice you said you are going to captain suarez, if you have such confidence in Eriksen being on fire would you consider making him captain?

Hindsight is pointless in this game. But probably will get a few.

Except for Chelsea (points wise) :D

I don't doubt he's a good player, I just wouldn't agree with the logic of taking AJ out especially as he has a DGW.

One thing I notice you said you are going to captain suarez, if you have such confidence in Eriksen being on fire would you consider making him captain?

Hindsight is pointless in this game. But probably will get a few.

wouldn't have the stones to make him captain, tho obv i think he could do well, i have a few leagues where it's nip and tuck, and have a feeling my opponents will be captaining suarez too, along with believing he'll score v city too... off the top of my head from the research i did, wba have been fairly leaky at home of late too... anyway it's all done now no going back, looking forward to the dgw anyway would be looking for 90+ points

Vito

Ward Coleman Zaba
    Suarez Sturridge Lukaku

I'm actually thinking of going Eriksen in, Hazard out now. I was looking at Mirallas/Barkley/Puncheon but their fixtures are brutal for the rest of the season.

Eriksen would free up cash and allow me to monitor Aguero this GW and then go Lukaku to Aguero next GW if warranted.

That would leave me with a front line of the SAS (vs Norwich) and Aguero (vs West Brom) for GW35.

My team this GW would be:

Mannone
    Ward Coleman Terry
    Silva Yaya Eriksen Lallana
    Sturridge Suarez Lukaku
    Bench: Adrian, Bardsley, Nolan, Chester.

Only 6 DGW players but if there's one thing the likes of Hazard, Lallana and Terry thought me in the last doubler, it's that some players don't need two games to outscore others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

For the first time this season i actually have 2 FT available but i have no idea what to do with them! I obviously need someone to fill in for Hazard this week but don't want to ship him out if it can be avoided as i wont be able to bring him back in. I have 1.2m in the bank

Anybody see anyway to improve for this week?

r41Fnqr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

For the first time this season i actually have 2 FT available but i have no idea what to do with them! I obviously need someone to fill in for Hazard this week but don't want to ship him out if it can be avoided as i wont be able to bring him back in. I have 1.2m in the bank

Anybody see anyway to improve for this week?

r41Fnqr.png

I have seven of your front eight in my team, the only difference being my Sterling -> your Colback. Also 2FT and 1.0m banked. Depending on whatever injury/team news is available later today I'll be doing either Hazard to Mirallas/ Sterling to Barkley and Sturridge to Aguero. Mirallas would probably only be a dgw punt and don't plan on keeping him for the season. Arsenal's fixtures pick up too and they will be all out to hold on to 4th so Ramsey or Santi could be options. Eriksen, Schurrle, Salah, Mata (not yet obv) are all viable choices imo.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    I have seven of your front eight in my team, the only difference being my Sterling -> your Colback. Also 2FT and 1.0m banked. Depending on whatever injury/team news is available later today I'll be doing either Hazard to Mirallas/ Sterling to Barkley and Sturridge to Aguero. Mirallas would probably only be a dgw punt and don't plan on keeping him for the season. Arsenal's fixtures pick up too and they will be all out to hold on to 4th so Ramsey or Santi could be options. Eriksen, Schurrle, Salah, Mata (not yet obv) are all viable choices imo.

I was thinking of a straight swap of Hazard to Schurrle and maybe Sturridge out for Dzeko. don't understand the mad panic to get Aguero back in everyone has, he's still down as only 50% chance of playing against Liverpool! I don't think they will risk injuring him again so close to the end. Plus the last two times i brought him in i was stung as he ended up injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

I was thinking of a straight swap of Hazard to Schurrle and maybe Sturridge out for Dzeko. don't understand the mad panic to get Aguero back in everyone has, he's still down as only 50% chance of playing against Liverpool! I don't think they will risk injuring him again so close to the end. Plus the last two times i brought him in i was stung as he ended up injured.

All depends on your league situation I suppose. I'm in 8th position in my main league, 50 points off first place and while that could be a manageable gap if I was 2nd or 3rd, it is much more difficult with 7 lads ahead of me. Will wait to hear news later today but if the Aguero news is any way positive, I'll be bringing him in and captaining him. I'm outside the top 100k tho and in punt mode so might not be the best qualified to be giving transfer tips at the minute :)

• Advertisement

Skippy44 wrote: »
    All depends on your league situation I suppose. I'm in 8th position in my main league, 50 points off first place and while that could be a manageable gap if I was 2nd or 3rd, it is much more difficult with 7 lads ahead of me. Will wait to hear news later today but if the Aguero news is any way positive, I'll be bringing him in and captaining him. I'm outside the top 100k tho and in punt mode so might not be the best qualified to be giving transfer tips at the minute :)

Haha im having a nightmare end to the season! Everything that could go wrong went wrong since the Jan wildcard, currently lingering around 350k like a bad smell for the last few weeks. Saying that i'm top in a private cash league (doesn't say much for the standard :o:pac:) so i'd like to stay there!

Advertisement