Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

For the first time this season i actually have 2 FT available but i have no idea what to do with them! I obviously need someone to fill in for Hazard this week but don't want to ship him out if it can be avoided as i wont be able to bring him back in. I have 1.2m in the bank

Anybody see anyway to improve for this week?

r41Fnqr.png

You cam sell Hazard for £10.1 m and have £1.2 m in your bank so I see no problem for you to get him back.

You lost a £0.2 fall since his injury though.

An Everton midfielder for this DGW might work a threat, especially in your position. Then you could get Eriksen in next GW. He may be a good differential. Or if he's fit you could get Aguero with the cash saved from Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Haha im having a nightmare end to the season! Everything that could go wrong went wrong since the Jan wildcard, currently lingering around 350k like a bad smell for the last few weeks. Saying that i'm top in a private cash league (doesn't say much for the standard :o:pac:) so i'd like to stay there!

Haha around the same pos. as me so

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

This week is a very interesting one. The Hazard injury and Aguero potential comeback have alot of people thinking transfers that they may not have thought about a week ago. I thought Aguero would have higher transfers in but I think alot of people have been burned in the past and he still hasn't been confirmed fit. I hope the press conference will clear things up later.

My current team is as follows:

Hart
    Ward Terry Baines
    Puncheon Eriksen Yaya Mirallas
    Sturridge Lukaka Suarez

Harper Bardsley Bennett Hazard

I have two free transfers. I was thinking about transferring out Hazard before his injury. Since his injury, he could be a differential next weekend. Have a feeling he could be back sooner but who knows really. I am mostly concerned about Terry at the moment. He has played 3 games in 7 days and could potentially be rested with the knock he is carrying. Are Terry owners worried?

I am 20 points behind and my rival has done three transfers at a 8 point hit yesterday. I can only assume he has taken out Hazard/Sturridge and brought in an Everton midfielder and Aguero. I could bring in Aguero with no hit, and limit any potential damage he could do. I think Sturridge could score Sunday - due a goal and against his old team. I could bring in Silva (3rd City player) for Hazard but this would take Aguero's place next week. I have Bardsley but i see no value in playing him even though he has two games.

So can anyone see anything else there, it seems odd, even though i have two free transfers, I am inclined to not make any transfer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CSF wrote: »
    I stand by it!!!

Weak men stand by weak words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Trilla wrote: »
    Weak men stand by weak words

****e men uses ****e sayings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

iroced wrote: »
    You cam sell Hazard for £10.1 m and have £1.2 m in your bank so I see no problem for you to get him back.

You lost a £0.2 fall since his injury though.

An Everton midfielder for this DGW might work a threat, especially in your position. Then you could get Eriksen in next GW. He may be a good differential. Or if he's fit you could get Aguero with the cash saved from Hazard.

Like i said i'd rather not ship Hazard if possible, i'm thinking of Sturridge to Dzeko and Colback to Barkley/Mirralas then i can still afford Dzeko back to Sturridge next week as well as having Hazard back fit to play Sunderland
    manual_man wrote: »
    Haha around the same pos. as me so

From tears to glory and back again hey! You're usually pushing around the top end of the boards league Manual Man! Highest i've finished is in the top 50k - 100k but i don't think i'll even make that this yr!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ok enough bickering please, lets just focus on transfers for GW34.

Mr P, They made you a mod!!! Fair play :)

i can use bold font type too

Pellegrini seems to suggest that Aguero is fit and available. I think I'll be taking the gamble and bringing in him. It's just a question of how many more transfers I make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Pellegrini seems to suggest that Aguero is fit and available. I think I'll be taking the gamble and bringing in him. It's just a question of how many more transfers I make.

I have Dzeko but I'm gonna stick with him. Aguero may be fit, but I can see Dzeko starting at least 1 game in the DGW.

• Advertisement

Source link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Looks like I'll be doing the same, at the moment its Hazard and Dzeko out, Aguero and Puncheon in.

Source link?

He's just said it there in his press conference:

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 23m
    PELLEGRINI: Sergio is OK; he worked all week with the squad normally, so he doesn't have any problem

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 22m
    PELLEGRINI : It’s very important [to have Sergio back]. He’s a top player..

it’s very difficult for their defence to stop him and so it’s very important for us.

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 21m
    PELLEGRINI: All the squad is OK, except Matija Nastasic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Manchester City FC @MCFC ;• PELLEGRINI: Sergio is OK; he worked all week with the squad normally, so he doesn't have any problem. #mcfc

Man City twitter.

I was only messing don't worry. I save my bickering for the soccer forum. You're all my good buddies unless you're near me in the FSA qualifiers table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I guess that means Yaya is fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any word on boruc? Really don't want to have to take a hit to move him out with Cardiff at home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hmmmm, I was all set on Barkley this morning but I'm 34 points ahead of my opponent and he has Mirallas. That said, Mirallas' playing time of late hasn't been great and Everton have all their mids fit plus are playing Naismith.

Think I may still go for Eriksen. Opinions folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

He's just said it there in his press conference:

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 23m
    PELLEGRINI: Sergio is OK; he worked all week with the squad normally, so he doesn't have any problem

PELLEGRINI : It’s very important [to have Sergio back]. He’s a top player..

it’s very difficult for their defence to stop him and so it’s very important for us.

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 21m
    PELLEGRINI: All the squad is OK, except Matija Nastasic

awesome! Sergio in, sturridge out

Rikand wrote: »

Have done the same, Sczeszny, Lallana and Aguero in for Hart, Hazard and Sturridge.

Should I start Speroni or Szczesny this week?

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »

The one thing worrying me about Sturridge is that Liverpool have Norwich next weekend.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The one thing worrying me about Sturridge is that Liverpool have Norwich next weekend.

City have a handy one too. And Norwich is Suarez's patch.

My plan though is Eriksen in for Hazard this week which would free up the cash to go Lukaku to Aguero next week. That leaves me with SAS and Aguero next week. My fear though is Aguero vs Sunderland. Could be a bloodbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Same sort of dilemma facing me. I can ditch sturridge for aguero this week or wait till next week and do lukaku to aguero. SAS and aguero for gw 35 is very appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Dzeko out for Aguero is mental right? I have the cash to do it.

Been in freefall past three weeks from 3k down to 23k and been caught in most of my leagues so could do with stemming the bloodloss.

Hmmmm, I was all set on Barkley this morning but I'm 34 points ahead of my opponent and he has Mirallas. That said, Mirallas' playing time of late hasn't been great and Everton have all their mids fit plus are playing Naismith.

Considering your context I'd say Mirallas is your safest move. I don't remember your team in detail but I know it's super strong and high value so you can use a couple players as blockers to maintain your lead.

Can you still do Lukaku -> Aguero as a direct swap next week if you get Mirallas instead of Eriksen though?

roryc wrote: »
    I guess that means Yaya is fit?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9260199/premier-league-manuel-pellegrini-delighted-to-have-sergio-aguero-back-for-manchester-city

---

More than 6000 net transfers in and up to 26.8% of a rise, the Aguero bandwagon has left :D.

Will keep a close eye on his performances for this DGW.

Went with Sturridge to Aguero and Hazard to Mirallas

gives me:

Mannone (x2)

Azpiculeta, Distin(x2), Ward(x2)

Silva(x2), Yaya(x2), Mirallas(x2), Lallana

Aguero(x2), Suarez, Lukaku(x2)

no point hits, will hopefully do me well this week! 2m still in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Went with Sturridge to Aguero and Hazard to Mirallas

gives me:

Mannone (x2)

Azpiculeta, Distin(x2), Ward(x2)

Silva(x2), Yaya(x2), Mirallas(x2), Lallana

Aguero(x2), Suarez, Lukaku(x2)

no point hits, will hopefully do me well this week! 2m still in the bank

Great team for no hits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

sturridge to aguero done as my 2nd free transfer.

assuming hazard doesn't play and shaw comes in for him this is my team
    mannone (x2)

Ward (x2) - Distin (x2) - Coleman (x2) - Shaw

Yaya (x2) - Lallana - Silva (x2)

Suarez - Aguero (x2) - Lukaku (x2)

undecided about captain, lukaku at the moment.

edit: suarez of course doesn't have the dgw although he'll prob still outscore most players that do.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    sturridge to aguero done as my 2nd free transfer.

assuming hazard doesn't play and shaw comes in for him this is my team
    mannone (x2)

Ward (x2) - Distin (x2) - Coleman (x2) - Shaw

Yaya (x2) - Lallana - Silva (x2)

Suarez (x2) - Aguero (x2) - Lukaku (x2)

undecided about captain, lukaku at the moment.

Jammy bastard getting 2 games from Suarez!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Already on a -4. Debating whether or not to take another hit and get Terry out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Jammy bastard getting 2 games from Suarez!:pac:

ha ha it's a cheat, just press back back, B, A, Start, back, C and it gives you an extra game for suarez :D

Hogey007 wrote: »
    ha ha it's a cheat, just press back back, B, A, Start, back, C and it gives you an extra game for suarez :D

What's the cheat for changing your captaincy from Lukaku to someone else when you realise it was a bad choice?!

Right now I'm trying to choose between Erikson, Barkley, Schurrle or Salah.

I already have Lukaku and Baines and it'd just be an extra transfer in the weeks to come if I went for Barkley. Erikson is who I'm leaning towards and should have done it last week.

Either Chelsea lad would be preferable from next week. I could see Salah getting a few games due to not being eligible in the CL plus the Hazard situation, it's a risk though.

Plenty of time to mull things over yet anyway :pac:

• Advertisement

Right now I'm trying to choose between Erikson, Barkley, Schurrle or Salah.

I already have Lukaku and Baines and it'd just be an extra transfer in the weeks to come if I went for Barkley. Erikson is who I'm leaning towards and should have done it last week.

Either Chelsea lad would be preferable from next week. I could see Salah getting a few games due to not being eligible in the CL plus the Hazard situation, it's a risk though.

Plenty of time to mull things over yet anyway :pac:

Not really sure who you should go for, but I would NOT go for Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What's the cheat for changing your captaincy from Lukaku to someone else when you realise it was a bad choice?!

up, down, left, right, A + start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Am I crazy to go Sturridge and dzeko to aguero and Lambert for a -8 hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

I have no Everton defender and not willing to pay any more than Stones, is a 4 pts hit to bring him in and bench Cahill too big a risk for the possible return??

It seems pretty certain he will play both games as I see a private game is to be arranged for next week to assist Jag recovery so I'm willing to ignore game time for Stones in the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

gar wrote: »
    Am I crazy to go Sturridge and dzeko to aguero and Lambert for a -8 hit?

Um....

....yes.

• Advertisement

Tottenham's games are good (although 3 away) for the rest of the season, I think this is making up my mind about Hazard to Eriksen:

West Brom v Tottenham
    Tottenham v Fulham
    Stoke v Tottenham
    West Ham v Tottenham
    Tottenham v Aston Villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I need some pointers on this and what might be the best play here.

448e8a9ac9037a728d75abc5e7b521ed.gif

I've 2.2 in the bank and I've already took a 4 point hit. Nobody below me to worry about and I'm 20 points behind the next spot, my best hope is realistically 3rd or 2nd.

He has a habit of spazzing out on transfers and I suspect he will have made the same mistake as me, did my business to early in the week, once he sees Hazard might be out he's probably going to take the extra points hit and go for Silva.

The only way I can get Silva without taking a huge hit is by replacing him for Yaya, that's not happening.

So what are my options, should I hope Hazard starts and leave Sterling as back up, seems a bit risky as there's also Gibbs with a question mark and Kolarov is iffy too, I'm happy enough with my back up in Baker against Palace.

Am I crazy for considering shipping Hazard out, another option might be to replace Gibbs/Figeuroa in case either Hazard or Sterling don't play.

Tough spot and would really appreciate some input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Madness to sell Gerrard for some DGWer?

Samba wrote: »
    I need some pointers on this and what might be the best play here.

448e8a9ac9037a728d75abc5e7b521ed.gif

I've 2.2 in the bank and I've already took a 4 point hit. Nobody below me to worry about and I'm 20 points behind the next spot, my best hope is realistically 3rd or 2nd.

He has a habit of spazzing out on transfers and I suspect he will have made the same mistake as me, did my business to early in the week, once he sees Hazard might be out he's probably going to take the extra points hit and go for Silva.

The only way I can get Silva without taking a huge hit is by replacing him for Yaya, that's not happening.

So what are my options, should I hope Hazard starts and leave Sterling as back up, seems a bit risky as there's also Gibbs with a question mark and Kolarov is iffy too, I'm happy enough with my back up in Baker against Palace.

Am I crazy for considering shipping Hazard out, another option might be to replace Gibbs/Figeuroa in case either Hazard or Sterling don't play.

Tough spot and would really appreciate some input.

Sterling for Mirallas

iroced wrote: »
    Considering your context I'd say Mirallas is your safest move. I don't remember your team in detail but I know it's super strong and high value so you can use a couple players as blockers to maintain your lead.

Can you still do Lukaku -> Aguero as a direct swap next week if you get Mirallas instead of Eriksen though?

I'll be going through all the connotations this evening. Missus is out so I have plenty of time to mull it over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

carraig2 wrote: »
    Sterling for Mirallas

Good shout and I wish could but I've already got 3 Everton players in there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Is this worth -8p hit?

Zab -> Baines
    Sturridge -> Aguero

My current team is:

Mannone
    Distin-Ward-Zab
    Yaya-Silva-Eriksen-Lallana
    S-L-S

Samba wrote: »
    Good shout and I wish could but I've already got 3 Everton players in there. :(

Sorry, missed Howard.
    Puncheon?

Is this worth -8p hit?

Zab -> Baines
    Sturridge -> Aguero

My current team is:

Mannone
    Distin-Ward-Zab
    Yaya-Silva-Eriksen-Lallana
    S-L-S

Yes if you're desperate to catch up.

No otherwise.

Zab has a DGW and offers attacking potential (maybe not as much as Baines but still). We don't know how fit is Aguero. I guess he won't push it too far himself since he surely absolutely does not want to miss the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

-8 for Nolan, Sturridge and Hazard out - Aguero, Mirallas and Eriksen in. It will either make or break me! :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement